OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:lol: you can keep your back-handed compliments, and no one is in their feelings. Just pointing out some irony. I'm not going to get into this, because I know you'll just keep moving the goalposts.

VTech CB Adonis Alexander got kicked off the team. Juco transfer CB tore his Achilles too. Yikes.

SEC changes the transfer rule allowing players on bowl bans and graduates to play right away.

Van Jefferson come on down!

SEC changes the transfer rule allowing players on bowl bans and graduates to play right away.

Van Jefferson come on down!

Teams can still block it if they want so this doesn't really help out Brandon Kennedy, but puts the onus on Saban now I guess.

All these restrictions for graduate transfers always annoy me and makes the NCAA look even more hypocritical. These guys have earned their bachelors degrees and are pursuing Master's Degrees but their schools conferences restrict where they can attend Grad school. What if a school in conference has a better Master's Degree program that a player is interested in; you're saying they can't attend b/c of football? What if a school in conference or in state is the only one with a certain Master's program? They can't go?

The NCAA empathizes that football players are student-athletes (students before athletes) but then they allow schools and conferences to put sports before academics in the case of grad transfers.

Last edited:
All these restrictions for graduate transfers always annoy me and makes the NCAA look even more hypocritical. These guys have earned their degrees and are pursuing Master's Degrees but their conferences restricted where they can attend Grad school. So what if a school in conference has a better Master's Degree program, I'm interested in I can't attend b/c of football? What if a school in conference or in state is the only one with a certain Master's program? They can't go?

The NCAA empathizes that football players are student-athletes (students before athletes) but then they allow schools to put sports because academics in the case of grad transfers.

They’re restricted free agents/franchise players lol.

The NCAA is a walking hypocrisy. All they care about are their pockets.

But the players are too entitled according to brother Dabo Luther King.

Lol. How ironic considering the facility Clemson built for their own players. Didn’t stop him from signing a $7M+ a year contract either. To his credit, he did give up some of his own money for the program. Regardless, he could easily make due with a $500K a year salary and “give the rest back”. I don’t have a problem with him making that type of money; however, I do take issue with saying they’re too entitled.

If I was talented enough to play on a D1 roster that was bringing in millions, I’d want a piece of that pie, too. The reality is most of those kids will never sniff an NFL field and walk away with a degree in kinseology and be a PE teacher some place with f’ed up knees and shoulders. Hell, I’m sure some of these kids can get grants to pay for a majority of their education without putting on pads.

Regardless, It won’t stop them from capailizing off their likeness with jerseys and such — far exceeding that sweet so called education. Let’s be honest, for most part, the university needs them more than the kid needs the university.

I've always viewed the education angle as a give-and-take. If, as an individual, you're only at a certain school to play football then the school will allow you to do the bare minimum to stay eligible and you end up with a crappy degree with no job prospects.

It's up to you to want to go to class, make good grades and get a degree. I know plenty of people for whom football provided educational opportunities they would not otherwise have. It's up to you to take advantage of them.

There are kids that couldn't afford College normally but football opened doors for them and now they're getting master's degrees and have great jobs.

I've always viewed the education angle as a give-and-take. If, as an individual, you're only at a certain school to play football then the school will allow you to do the bare minimum to stay eligible and you end up with a crappy degree with no job prospects.

It's up to you to want to go to class, make good grades and get a degree. I know plenty of people for whom football provided educational opportunities they would not otherwise have. It's up to you to take advantage of them.

There are kids that couldn't afford College normally but football opened doors for them and now they're getting master's degrees and have great jobs.

Ehhhhh but there's plenty of evidence of schools blocking kids from taking classes they want because it interferes with football, film study, and even student run practices.

Appears Austin a Thomas latched on at A&M finally in some capacity.

Also looks like they got Leah Knight who’s been at Alabama in some sort of recruiting coordinator role.

Sounds like Kareem Walker is finally gone which is a bummer. Hopefully that kid can get his **** together at his next stop.

Minnesota has one scholarship QB left now., but the walk on Zack Annexstad from IMG could be a solid starter for them one day. Makes 0 sense to me that Sitkowski got P5 offers and he didn't considering Sitkowski was his backup :lol:.

LB was what Michigan wanted Vic at in the first place :lol:. I don't know why he couldn't have just stayed at Minn and made the switch but maybe dude was only considering them in the first place because it was the only school willing to give him a shot at QB.

Back
Top Bottom