OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know if I'd want to draft this dude either now. :lol:

:lol:, he's an incredibly talented kid and probably has the highest ceiling of any QB in this years Draft. He's also probably a pain in the *** to coach and be around sometimes, and with three concussions in college and his family background the kid calling it quits after a few years in the league is a real possibility.

He's going to do well in interviews with owners and FO types. It's the scouts and coaches who are going to think he's an *******, but at the end of the day the former's opinion matters much more than the latter's for the vast majority of teams in the league when drafting a QB.

Highest ceiling? Nah? He’s definitely the surest bet though.

Darnold, Jackson, and Allen have higher ceilings imo. Rosen is already pretty polished and you know what you’ll get with him, but the three of them coulda stayed in school and learned more/gotten better. They also could or could not all be busts.

My basis for this is, is Rosen better today than he was week 1 his freshman year?

Highest ceiling? Nah? He’s definitely the surest bet though.

Darnold, Jackson, and Allen have higher ceilings imo. Rosen is already pretty polished and you know what you’ll get with him, but the three of them coulda stayed in school and learned more/gotten better. They also could or could not all be busts.

My basis for this is, is Rosen better today than he was week 1 his freshman year?

Allen and Jackson are always going to have problems with accuracy, and Jackson's ceiling is going to be lower because his shelf life is going to be shorter even if everything works out and a team is smart enough to build an offense around his strengths.

Darnold is always going to have problems with turnovers due to his mechanics paired with his playing style. Rosen's main problem (the decision making) is a lot more easily correctable, and if he does, he's a top 5 guy in the league. He has literally everything else.

USC aint put a good QB in the league since Carson Palmer, but every one that comes out is supposed to be some generational talent :lol: Darnold and Josh Allen aint nothing but Jay Cutler's kids.

I've got no quarrel with you Cardo. Let sleeping dawgs lie, or I'll point out how no UGA player has won **** in college or the pros in at least a decade and that's not going to change any day soon.

Cardo: "But what about Richard Seydawg!"

Was that supposed to be a direct snap to the back? It looks like the center thought it was, and the QB and RB were thinking it was something else.

Could have just been a bad snap tho.

I've got no quarrel with you Cardo. Let sleeping dawgs lie, or I'll point out how no UGA player has won **** in college or the pros in at least a decade and that's not going to change any day soon.

Cardo: "But what about Richard Seydawg!"

Must be 2 UGA's.. Todd Gurley just won OPOY, David Andrews and Malcolm Mitchell started for the Patriots as rookies when they won the superbowl last year. Roquan just won the Bednarik, what are you talking about? :lol: Don't be mad at me, be mad at Pete Carroll..

Gators bout to be big trash

When did UF start spring? I'm surprised Jones ain't running with at least the 2's yet.

Scarlett got the charges dropped?

Was that supposed to be a direct snap to the back? It looks like the center thought it was, and the QB and RB were thinking it was something else.

Could have just been a bad snap tho.

Pretty sure it’s supposed to be a snap to the back & it was just a little off

Pretty sure it’s supposed to be a snap to the back & it was just a little off

Your better off just running that play like this IMO. Akers could be filthy running that IV, and taking the snap from QB depth could allow him to get downhill faster on IZ.

Last edited:
I don't know how Michigan couldn't do what they had to do to get Van Jefferson in.

I never thought he was going to come to Michigan... Shea was a lock, Van and Deontay were a lot more tight lipped so never got my hopes up... Would have loved to have all 3 but Shea was damn near a must get... Sounds like he is acclimating quite well to AA and the offense.

Van would have been a nice get but Michigan is fine at WR. DPJ and Black should take a big step forward with an actual WR coach now, and honestly this O needs to do a better job of getting Gentry and McDoom touches.

Van would have been 1 and done guy probably.

Deontay is not good be happy you guys didn’t get him. Van didn’t wanna go too far from his kids (one in Tennessee he gets a few months out the year and just had one in Mississippi) and his folks are in Miami now so that’s a win win.

Back
Top Bottom