OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was a year out of high school in 08 FML I'm old

High School?! We're talking High School?!

giphy.gif

:lol: :lol:

A lot of gross things being said about these wonderlic scores:

Josh Allen: 37
Josh Rosen: 29
Sam Darnold: 28
Baker Mayfield: 25
Lamar Jackson: 13

Particularly about Rosen and Jackson.

i get what gross things are being said about Lamar, but what is being said about Rosen when he had a great score?

29 isnt great. Not sure what the SD is but 24 is the average for QB's. He's a smart kid but he isn't this genius some proclaim him to be. That's assuming he took the test seriously though, and didn't blow it off.

The correlation between high scores and NFL success isn't much though, so neither of them really have much to worry about in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:
He's the type that would give no damn's about that test and skip questions because he disliked it. I don't think he's a genius book wise. But he's really involved in social matters so it comes off as genius.

Bobby Layne Bobby Layne looks like Michigan cancelled their 2020/2021 series with Va Tech and replaced them with Arkansas State, any reason why? I saw they moved around the Washington games in 2020/2021 but didn’t know if that was related

He's the type that would give no damn's about that test and skip questions because he disliked it. I don't think he's a genius book wise. But he's really involved in social matters so it comes off as genius.

Just because he wear a kufi don't mean that he bright :lol:.

witnesskb24 witnesskb24 the 9 game schedule and Wiscky being a permanent rival until 2021. I wouldn't rule them out opening the season in Rome in 2021 either.

The criticisms of him “being self centered” and “not caring about football” have always stemmed from his involvement in those social issues and the populations he stands up for. Critics aren’t slick. They’re pre-emptively trying to Kaepernick him.

eeh, Rosen ain’t that “woke” to be comparing him to Kap. He seems like the average outspoken liberal white guy, not that that is bad thing necessarily, but it’s nothing that is going to get a rich white kid blackballed from the league.

The slick comments are definitely because of his political stances (which really aren’t that radical tbh) but to play devils advocate he’s had a reputation since HS before ever opening up his mouth, and the Stanford coaching staff passed on dude for a reason.

If he was really woke, a rich white kid whose father is an orthopedic surgeon and mother is a granddaughter of Joseph Wharton, wouldn't be saying that he wants to use to football "to own the world".

Last edited:
eeh, Rosen ain’t that “woke” to be comparing him to Kap. He seems like the average outspoken liberal white guy, not that that is bad thing necessarily, but it’s nothing that is going to get a rich white kid blackballed from the league.

The slick comments are definitely because of his political stances (which really aren’t that radical tbh) but to play devils advocate he’s had a reputation since HS before ever opening up his mouth, and the Stanford coaching staff passed on dude for a reason.

If he was really woke, a rich white kid whose father is an orthopedic surgeon and mother is a granddaughter of Joseph Wharton, wouldn't be saying that he wants to use to football "to own the world".

I don’t think he’s necessarily “woke” as much as he is educated, liberal, and outspoken - the last especially being something the nfl hates in its QBs. Hilariously Rosen is being put in the same box as Mayfield, so far as, there both considers QBs who will talk out of turn and send their PR departments scrambling - though about completely different things and, obviously depending how you feel about what it is they’re saying and about who, with varying levels of immaturity.

I’m not comparing Rosen to Colin Kaep per say, as much as I’m using Kaep’s name as a verb for what the NFL and conservative media coverage did to try to break him and turn him into a pariah. I def think they’re going to try to break and whip the social commentary jawing out of Josh day 1. It won’t be as severe unless he starts kneeling or takes more shots at trump and other conservative tent pole issues. But it’s definitely clear to me that conservative sports and news media are setting up their dog whistles early for him.

I don’t think he’s necessarily “woke” as much as he is educated, liberal, and outspoken - the last especially being something the nfl hates in its QBs. Hilariously Rosen is being put in the same box as Mayfield, so far as, there both considers QBs who will talk out of turn and send their PR departments scrambling - though about completely different things and, obviously depending how you feel about what it is they’re saying and about who, with varying levels of immaturity.

I’m not comparing Rosen to Colin Kaep per say, as much as I’m using Kaep’s name as a verb for what the NFL and conservative media coverage did to try to break him and turn him into a pariah. I def think they’re going to try to break and whip the social commentary jawing out of Josh day 1. It won’t be as severe unless he starts kneeling or takes more shots at trump and other conservative tent pole issues. But it’s definitely clear to me that conservative sports and news media are setting up their dog whistles early for him.

Which he's not going to do because he's really not that left wing, he wants to be a venture capitalist for ****'s sake :lol:. Ideologically he's probably closer to being a left-libertarian than anything.

He walked back the Trump **** too

6_4470948.png

I'm sure he'll be outspoken about player related issues in the league (guaranteed contracts, post-career medical care, the CBA etc.), but I doubt it's ever going to be stuff that catches the attention of main stream conservative outlets.

The Stanford and Trent Dilfer situations, and his college HC saying he needs to be "challenged intellectually" when he evidently isn't as bright as some say he is, are going to be bigger problems for him with teams than his statements on amateurism come draft time.

Last edited:
Yeah I mean he’s going to second guess coaches decisions and sooner or later is going to do so publicly. Especially if he goes to a ****** team.

I also don’t think he has to be ultra liberal to trigger a strong reaction from the right. The trump pic and that one interview alone did it. He’s done and said other **** since then but people haven’t even noticed.

Last edited:
29 isnt great. Not sure what the SD is but 24 is the average for QB's. He's a smart kid but he isn't this genius some proclaim him to be. That's assuming he took the test seriously though, and didn't blow it off.

The correlation between high scores and NFL success isn't much though, so neither of them really have much to worry about in the grand scheme of things.

I wouldn't expect there to be a correlation especially because the wonderlic isn't an intelligence test. It's a decision making test

We can look at Rosen's GPA and admittance to top schools like UCLA and Stanford as evidence of us intelligence And like you said there is very correlation between high wunderlich score and NFL success. Famously, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady scored very average on the wonderlic.

Back
Top Bottom