OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
3CECB86A-EF43-4CD6-8789-CDA23F7FCDA4.gif

nako xl nako xl The whole 30 for 30 library is going to be available on ESPN+.

Still probably not worth $5.00 a month tho.

I feel sorry for all the small school CFB heads who are going to have to pay for this to see their teams since ESPN3 is essentially getting neutered now.

Last edited:
nako xl nako xl The whole 30 for 30 library is going to be available on ESPN+.

Still probably not worth $5.00 a month tho.

I feel sorry for all the small school CFB heads who are going to have to pay for this to see their teams since ESPN3 is essentially getting neutered now.

Wack but considering Disney want to exploit the paid subscription model I’m not surprised. I wouldn’t care but a lot of the questionably legal live streaming websites are getting policed hard now too so I’m being forced to pay for sports at least.

casper90403 casper90403 Sears is done. I posted the other day he was 1-8 in 7 on 7 the other day but reading now he didn’t complete a pass in an 11 on 11 scrimmage. Fink’s the QB unless J.T. can beat him out in the fall which is kinda unlikely.

Bobby Layne Bobby Layne Drevno’s been really good for the offense this summer it seems. And they’re letting him do a lot of run game scheming whatever that means.

Herm’s out here outright cutting players?

Edwards appears very comfortable practicing below the 85 number this season if he feels like it's better for his team. Following Tuesday's session he said that his staff is in the process of evaluating players between now and the conclusion of spring ball next week. Some players will find out if they'll "continue to be part of [ASU football] or not."

"It’s always evaluation it’s always participation, it’s always autograph your performance, that is your resume when you practice," Edwards said. "I told some guys if you continue to stay hurt and stay in the training room you have no tape. We can’t grade you if you have no tape, we can’t grade the training room. All of a sudden some guys got well. It’s amazing.

"I would say there’s some guys that are at risk of maybe not being part of the team. They’re not going to lose their scholarships. We’re not taking scholarships. Their scholarships are good. They might not participate as an athlete. They might just become students."

That message was delivered to players before the start of spring football, he said, and reiterated before practice Tuesday, and again through reporters after the session.

"Forty-five players are the bulk of the players that actually play the football game," Edwards said. "That’s the truth, I’m not making it up. So with that being said, you’re accountable to compete every day. You don’t lose your scholarship, you lose the ability to play. That’s how it works, it’s always worked that way in football.

"It’s up to them. It’s in their hands. They get to practice every day. That’s how you become a competitive team. You have to compete every day. It’s a given, you have to do that, it’s football. You can’t say, ‘Hey, I am a freshman and it’s okay.’ It’s not okay. It's not okay. Don’t tell me you’re a freshman. You’re a football player. You are required to do the same as everyone else is doing. Go compete, earn your spot."

casper90403 casper90403 Sears is done. I posted the other day he was 1-8 in 7 on 7 the other day but reading now he didn’t complete a pass in an 11 on 11 scrimmage. Fink’s the QB unless J.T. can beat him out in the fall which is kinda unlikely.
Blessing in disguisee. Fink can get the majority of the reps now even though we already know JT's taking it. No need to have two half *** dudes fighting

Bobby Layne Bobby Layne Drevno’s been really good for the offense this summer it seems. And they’re letting him do a lot of run game scheming whatever that means.

Adding more man blocking stuff probably.

Was Armond Hawkins the Cali guy who wasn't all aboard w/ Woodbey coming to FSU? nako xl nako xl

Kinda, yeah. He's Chris Hawkins's dad and runs the Ground Zero 7-on team. He coaches and "advises" a lot of the So Cal football kids/SC targets and commits and was taken by Taggert's forked tongue.

What'd he do now?

Kinda, yeah. He's Chris Hawkins's dad and runs the Ground Zero 7-on team. He coaches and "advises" a lot of the So Cal football kids/SC targets and commits and was taken by Taggert's forked tongue.

What'd he do now?

Didn't do anything in particular, he was just amongst the large Cali group that came to Tally for a visit yesterday. Wasn't sure if he was the guy I remember you talking about or not.

Well, it seemed like he was there at least.

Yeah he was the same guy I spoke of. He's been trying to create better connections with FSU and the southeast schools to expand his brand. It's why a bunch of salty SC fans think he "sold" Woodbey to Willy. In actuality Woodbey said he had been trying to get an offer from FSU and was ready to commit on sight, but Jimbo never wanted him and he didn't understand why.

Willie*

If Woodbey does indeed play up to his ranking and blows up @ FSU his whole recruitment pre-WT will be even more confusing than it already is

Back
Top Bottom