OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apparently the Patterson eligiblity is a big deal to Anderson. I'd be surprised if he picked Michigan without knowing his status. But Sam Webb says Michigan is very much in it so we'll see.

Miami and FSU people, what can you tell me about Anthony "Mo" Hasan? He visited for a practice this week.

PAC 12 commissioner Larry Scott on scheduling:

“The attitude has been pretty pure about how we schedule: non-conference games at the beginning of the season, for the most part,” Scott said. “But in this world of the College Football Playoff, that will be re-evaluated. That is something we’re going to discuss going forward: Should there be more tactical thought that goes into when you get byes, that goes into when you might play a weak non-conference opponent? We have not usually engineered our schedule that way. (But) we’re constantly re-evaluating things.”

Lol

Ohhhh, I remember that situation from a couple years ago but I thought dude had a different name

-edit- I was thinking of Akeem Jones

gunna get it gunna get it : Get your punk self in the college basketball thread more often. Arizona fans are usually frauds , but you don't have to be
Honestly I don’t post as much in college b-ball thread Bc I don’t really love college basketball anymore. It’s not even the teams or the quality of basketball, it’s the really biased/poor officials and the over coaching.
I’ve watched a total of 3 total games all year. Smh they may have lost a fan forever.

i only watch my team during the season, which is tough since i dont have Pac-12 Network. As for everyone else, I'll start watching when the conference tourney's begin. Nothing really compares with March Madness. Catch myself watching Mizzou vs. UGA like I know these kids.

PFF has Darnold going #2 to the Giants after Baker goes to the Browns.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-sam-darnold-special-in-crunch-time

BOTTOM LINE
Like any quarterback prospect, there’s plenty to love and plenty to dissect about Darnold’s game. His high-end plays look like a Philip Rivers highlight reel, filled with touch, anticipation and just enough out-of-structure plays to keep defenses honest. The bottom-end was concerning last season, particularly the decision-making and the fumbles, but much like we said about UCLA’s Josh Rosen, sometimes the turnover-worthy plays are worth the payoff in order to get to the special throws. However, unlike Rosen, the turnover-worthy plays are less a part of Darnold’s DNA, and his lull in 2017 looked more like a slump than something that will show up week-to-week.

With his ability to work the quick game while adding the big-time throws that open up a passing game, Darnold has the skills to be a complete passer at the next level. It’s just a matter of coaching out a few of the turnover-worthy plays while keeping his confidence high in order to keep the out-of-structure big-time throws that make him a potentially special player.

@MVP would be sick.

FWIW PFF’s mocks are based on what they would do at each pick based on their grades rather than what they are predicting what is actually going to happen at each pick.

Back
Top Bottom