OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don’t know that Saban is a straight up Trump supporter — the things he has said on the topic of anthem protests sometimes sound like subliminal disses aimed at Trump — but he is intentionally silent on political topics and went out of his way to avoid having to acknowledge or address Roy Moore’s campaign.

Saban is the most powerful man in Alabama and doesn’t use that influence in any non football way - for better or worse. That in itself may tell you something about his socio political leanings.

Spot on assessment. I live here so I see how powerful he is firsthand. And when I said he doesn’t want to endanger what he’s built, it’s a two fold thing. On one hand, you say some slick **** that comes off as pro-Trump and you may turn some recruits off. On the other hand, say some blatant anti-Trump **** and you risk having the hillbillies with pitchforks at your taxpayer-funded mansion door.

He walks the tightrope very well, IMO. Football is the south has such a strange dynamic when it comes to race. Cats waving confederate flags cheering on black players every weekend. :lol:

WWE-the-rock-smelling-smells-good-the-rock-smelling-1428669781j.jpg

Kntnd-.gif

***** thought he had a flu game on his hands. Copped pleas before he ever took the field

**** that fraud qb who's pulled the wool over you guys. Thought y'all were sensible. Bust in 3 yrs. Covering ESPNCFB in 5.

Georgia peeps

tenor.gif

Don't ever let em slander y'all again. Did nothing but the lords work

baker-mayfield-arrest.jpg

Spot on assessment. I live here so I see how powerful he is firsthand. And when I said he doesn’t want to endanger what he’s built, it’s a two fold thing. On one hand, you say some slick **** that comes off as pro-Trump and you may turn some recruits off. On the other hand, say some blatant anti-Trump **** and you risk having the hillbillies with pitchforks at your taxpayer-funded mansion door.

He walks the tightrope very well, IMO. Football is the south has such a strange dynamic when it comes to race. Cats waving confederate flags cheering on black players every weekend. :lol:

If you’re near Mobile, ever see the huge Confederate flag off of I-10 on the left, heading west into Mississippi? Lol.

Thing has been flowing in the wind forever

Really. I lived there 8 years, Houston 9, almost, 10, Central FL 18, Panama City 2, and San Diego 2.5, so I’ve been a few places.

It’s never going to be a metropolis, but it’s not a bad place to live IMO.

Really. I lived there 8 years, Houston 9, almost, 10, Central FL 18, Panama City 2, and San Diego 2.5, so I’ve been a few places.

It’s never going to be a metropolis, but it’s not a bad place to live IMO.
Are you Black?

Back
Top Bottom