OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A2616A6E-EBDC-4A2A-B5E0-7D3013493C2E.jpeg

40 years ago this season. Ole Bobby’s 2nd season in Tally. :nthat:

Ron Simmons’ playing days

bpVzHVY.gif

1523840bd679f63b5f5c889cdccb8bfa--ron-simmons-state-university.jpg

Last edited:
Their fam is Christian conservative and pretty low key so I don’t know that it was that crazy a culture shock for them, but I can’t imagine moving from the beach of Honolulu to Tuscaloosa.

They are a Poly family in Alabama. Regardless of religious or political affiliations, that’s still a cultural adjustment especially for a culture that is as tight nit as that one.

I imagine there might be a concern that Hurts is going to be a guy that stays all four years, and Tua might end up with just a season of PT unless he takes a RS or something. Tua also idolized Mariota growing up, and could want to play for the guy who coached him.

Last edited:
Jim Leonhard and Ron Dugans :nerd:

BTW, since I have Ron Simmons up there. What other wrestlers played college ball/pro?

Ron Simmons - FSU - Cleveland Browns (probably ruined his career lol. Not serious) & Tampa Bay Bandits
The Rock - Miami - Calgary Stampede.
Lex Lugar - Miami - Tampa Bay Bandits while Ron Simmons was there. Think he was at Miami while Richt and Kelly where there, too.
Goldberg - UGA - Rams
Ric Flair - Minnesota
Stone Cold - UNT

I'm sure there are more, but can't think of any off the top of my head.

Last edited:
They are a Poly family in Alabama. Regardless of religious or political affiliations, that’s still a cultural adjustment especially for a culture that is as tight nit as that one.

I imagine there might be a concern that Hurts is going to be a guy that stays all four years, and Tua might end up with just a season of PT unless he takes a RS or something. Tua also idolized Mariota growing up, and could want to play for the guy who coached him.

Yeah, Tua isn't going to redshirt unless he gets hurt. And Jalen isn't going to the league after next year. So he's stuck as a 3 year backup unless he leaves.

Most Alabama fans would sit Jalen and start Tua today, but that's short sighted "backup QB syndrome." Saban gave Tua every opportunity to win the job bringing him in early and giving him snaps with the first team in Spring and Fall. He didn't win it. As long as Jalen is winning them games and not losing, I don't see how Tua takes the job. He'll get another shot next Spring/Fall but I don't know what changes?

I guess if he makes an even greater leap next year and it's just plainly obvious he's the better QB and the team would be better with him starting, but I honestly don't know he's that much better of a QB for this team than Jalen is?

That be crazy if Leonhard left his alma mater for anything less than an HC or NFL DC job.

Guy grew up in WI and was a walkon.

That be crazy if Leonhard left his alma mater for anything less than an HC or NFL DC job.

Guy grew up in WI and was a walkon.

Won't believe it till I see it, but everything I've read from the guy the past month or so has been spot on for the most part. What's kinda crazy is they didn't give Jim a scholarship till his last season. Wasn't he an All-American 3 times? Good lord, cough up that scholly after the first time he was an All-American. In any case, I heard his wife is from Georgia? She'd be closer to mom lol

BTW, what's the meltdown about on the UT 247 Board all about and who is Chip they're referring to?

Last edited:
UT as in Texas? They have a big insider/writer there named Chip Brown. I haven't been on their board though so I can't speak to any meltdown. Is it Todd Orlando-leaving-related?

Last edited:
UT as in Texas? They have a big pro Texas insider/writer there named Chip Brown. I haven't been on their board though so I can't speak to any meltdown. Is it Todd Orlando-leaving-related?

Yeah UT. Or TU, sips, or whatever else you’d like to call them if you’re an Aggie fan. I saw someone mention a meltdown somewhere else on 247. I’m not VIP, so I can’t read most of the stuff. But ran into the below link. People were *****ing and saying they’re cancelling their membership and that guy Chip was brought up; nothing super crazy.

I think maybe the link below was in regard to something Todd Orlando and triggered it. I dunno ...

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Board/21/Contents/Isnt-this-a-pay-site-112691575

Last edited:
Oh, Tx fans are mad cuz they think his reports are always wrong and the Orlando one cost them (a) recruit(s)? :lol:

Looks like they're demanding he's fired.

fahqu001 fahqu001 :

Why can’t the PAYING customer voice their displeasure without a thread being locked?! This is a JOKE!! It’s making you guys look worse! Chip issues a bogus “apology” I’d love to see you stand face to face with either Herman or Orlando and spew your ridiculous reports. It’s laughable the hit this site has taken! NUT UP and face the fire!!

What did you say again Chip?

Orlando spoke to the media after Saturday’s practice at the University of Houston, and he was quoted as saying

“I don’t want to get into that because it’s unfortunate about the timing when it happened. I don’t want to go on a rant. I don’t. I don’t want to do it. It’s just when we’re in an early signing date, and you’ve got some information that comes out, that sure as heck don't help. Okay? I’ll set the record straight. There was no interview.”

ChipBrown247 said... (original post)

I reported Orlando talked to SMU Wednesday, Dec. 6, before he went to Florida recruiting.

Texas, Herman and Orlando say it didn't happen.

You continue to say "talked" now, and before you said interview.

They are on record saying no interview.

Are you calling them liars?

ChipBrown247 said... (original post)

I've said all I'm going to say on this.

This brings up a good point. If Chip truly talked out of school on the team's morale and Orlando's non-interview the program would have more than enough justification to pull his credential as well as 247's if retractions weren't made. They would have every reason to given the perceived harm done. I mean, people have said it cost us a recruit.

But let's say everyone just goes back to their corners with their denials. I'd say Chip has some firm ground to stand on if the school just let's it slide. Thoughts?

Oh, Tx fans are mad cuz they think his reports are always wrong and the Orlando one cost them (a) recruit(s)? :lol:

Looks like they're demanding he's fired.

fahqu001 fahqu001 :
It’s Todd Orlando and a myriad of other issues...

He wrote a huge article a week before NSD about how players were leaving because, basically, Herman was a big piece of **** and nobody liked playing for him. :lol:

I do remember that article. It was posted in here.

There are threads on the UT board and Reddit about it as examples of Chip Brown making stuff up, and someone linked ESPN an article from last year that says the exact same thing about the punishments and favoritism except that article was clearly being pushed by UT as proof that a new tough sheriff was in town :lol:

There are threads on the UT board and Reddit about it as examples of Chip Brown making stuff up, and someone linked ESPN an article from last year that says the exact same thing about the punishments and favoritism except that article was clearly being pushed by UT as proof that a new tough sheriff was in town :lol:
:lol: Masters of spinning to fit the agenda...

UT media has ALWAYS been insanely good at controlling the narrative. Chip dropped a bomb on that last week and people are, probably rightfully, very pissed off.

He posted a thread about it on their board and basically told them to pound sand, that he didn't even report everything he could've and held some stuff back. :lol:

Clemson not having Leggett this year is what I am going to watch for... Renfrow was great in the title game but Leggett seemed to be the go to guy when they needed a catch... Guy was a mismatch... Much like OJ for Bama... Excited for these games

I know one of the kids he gripes about in that article, and I don’t doubt he probably got paid to go the school he ended up at, but he was always going to go to that school or one other the whole time. The article implies he was stolen from tO$U. Nah :lol:

Woodbey? Oh, if he (or his handler) weren’t supplied with proper funds I’d be surprised

And Brenton Cox had been trending away for a while

Woodbey? Oh, if he (or his handler) weren’t supplied with proper funds I’d be surprised

And Brenton Cox had been trending away for a while

Nah Isaiah Wilson. My boys trained him. From what I remember them saying when I was like "So that Darnold huh? Sure would be fun to block for him. Maybe put in a good word with him," was it was always Bama or UGA. It actually seemed to be all Bama from what my friends were saying.

Woodbey was never going to Ohio State though. And I don't think he got paid, but I think Ground Zero Sports definitely benefited if only in a "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" way.

Taggart seriously considering hiring Prime to coach DBs? :lol: Or is this click bait that I got suckered into?

Isaiah Wilson was a Michigan/Bama battle for a while and then UGA popped right into the front. :lol: Definitely the bag man.

Back
Top Bottom