OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Urban gone run Dan the fade

I think he left mid season due to family reasons, figured he wouldn’t be back. Glad he gets to be close to home

Is Jimbo a good coach or did Jameis make him look good during that run at FSU?

I get being a fan of FSU because of their recent title run. But is Woodbey really old enough to remember Chris Rix and Lorenzo Booker’s playing days at FSU? They played there in the early 2000 when he would’ve been a really young kid. Sounds like he just researched some players who were highly ranked prospects from CA who went to FSU.

Who knows, but most of y'all grew up with YouTube and Internet era; I didn't. Not saying he's telling the truth, but it also wouldn't be too big of a stretch to be curious and watch vids of guys from the era or kids from your area. Hell, I was watching some of FSU vs USC when they played at Doak from like '98 the other day. Supposedly, his brother and father (I think i recall reading him, too) are big fans and they even went and saw them play in the NCG in '14, Oregon in '15, and last season against Michigan I believe.

I was a little older than him when Booker and Rix were playing if we're speaking in a relative sense, but I still remember LeRoy Butler, Deion Sanders, O'Dell when they were playing. You know, back when you had to use a VHS tape record lol.

Two things I remember from his time at FSU. 1) He got caught parking in a handicap spot on campus. 2) Throwing pick after pic against Miami in a monsoon. Sean Taylor was all over the field that day. RIP

Don't forget about his license plate ("LKOUTDB") and business cards ("Chris Rix Quarterback") lol.

I think he left mid season due to family reasons, figured he wouldn’t be back. Glad he gets to be close to home

Is Jimbo a good coach or did Jameis make him look good during that run at FSU?

That's the million dollar question (or in this case $90M if you count the taxes that just got tacked on to the $75M). You're going to get mixed answers. I think he's a great coach, but I wouldn't say I agree with everything he does ... one of the bigger knocks is his system is too complicated and he's not getting his guys on the field soon enough, in spite of of their talent. But look at '13, that offense was a thing of beauty. Sounds like Gunnel is supposed to be his Winston at TAMU; we shall see. Apparently Jimbo is pretty hard headed, too. I take some of the comments from posters with a grain of salt, but I'm sure there's some validity to stuff as well.

Last edited:
This post didn't show up for me til now for some reason, didn't want you to think I'd just passed over it.

No, I mean I find Leach interesting. Particularly that he's a lawyer whose interests all fall almost entirely squarely outside the world of law -- which is basically me. He's pretty eccentric and makes for a pretty funny/interesting interview, and was on Friday Night Lights that one time. Everyone loves the quirky friendly coach. And it seems he may have been done dirty at TTU although that's questionable. And you're absolutely right, he revolutionized offense and deserves as much credit as anyone for the ubiquity of the pass happy spread in modern college football.

But he also coaches fairly middling teams that peak every 3-4 years when they're full of seniors. Is it because the jobs he gets are always middle of the road gigs... maybe. But part of that is also because he can't get hired at majors because he can be super annoying.

And his politics suck and are hypocritical of some of the other "all for one" world views he loves to espouse.

You're an attorney? Do you practice?

My guy look tired af

20171222_192922.png

fahqu001 fahqu001 his family aren’t FSU fans. His father played at USC. He disapproved of the choice but said he didn’t want to make the kids decision for him, that it was his choice to make.

Trey Bantz Trey Bantz Yah

Thanks. Looked up the quote I read a few days ago. i think someone on 247 or a similar forum tossed dad in there (maybe he said he went to the game with him against Michigan? Anyway, I forget the exact details). Either way, thanks for the info.

“Me and my brother grew up watching these two teams play (Florida State and Miami). We went to the national championship when they played Auburn and we went to the game when they played Oregon and my brother went to the game when they played Michigan last year.”

https://floridastate.rivals.com/news/five-star-jaiden-woodbey-explains-flip-to-fsu

It's hilarious that the Quicklane and Dollar General are technically better bowl allotments. I'd be thinking throwing games in the MAC if a free trip to the Bahamas was on the line :lol:

Back
Top Bottom