OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yea I’m not a big fan of this rule, two of the best kids we signed last year were day before NSD offers and they were abt to go to Colorado state and FAU

But on the other side of that, the schools that have 3 star prospects committed but want the extra 2 months to try to flip a kid are going to be more hesitant on dropping the kid they already have in the class. A lot of kids are going to get signed to schools on Wednesday that otherwise could/would have been signing week casualties come February.

At the same time moving it to fall camp is too early imo.

I've been a FSU fan since Friday and lovin it :smokin

10DF2EB5-B5FC-4111-A518-B294E6782C56.gif

This is the first year of the early signing period. It's a 3 day window (Dec 20-22) for high school players to officially sign their letters of intent. They can also sign on the normal National Signing Day in February. It's meant to allow players who are solidly committed to end their recruiting process. The vast majority of recruits are know where they're going to sign and are sick of getting constant calls and texts from coaches. The Nick Sabans of the world don't like it because its in the middle of bowl prep and its gives them less time to flip big time recruits.

It's supposed to be a good thing for players and schools but so far it seems like a cluster f***; no one really knows what to expect.

I vaguely recall papa Jimbo complaining about the current timeframe. I recall him saying he'd like it better in the Summer, or somewhere during that time frame due to the issues they're encountering this season. If I can find the video, I'll put in it in here.

I've been a FSU fan since Friday and lovin it :smokin

But why?

Full disclosure, I starting liking the Seminoles because of their gold helmets and their uniforms. Doesn't need to make much sense to a 10 year old I suppose lol. That was good enough for me at the time. Had no clue that Gainesville was closer and only an hour and a half away. When you're that young, you have no concept of proximity. At least my dumb a** didn't.

But why?

Full disclosure, I starting liking the Seminoles because of their gold helmets and their uniforms. Doesn't need to make much sense to a 10 year old I suppose lol. That was good enough for me at the time. Had no clue that Gainesville was closer and only an hour and a half away. When you're that young, you have no concept of proximity. At least my dumb a** didn't.

Jimbo was always one of my favorite coaches. I figured if they gave a brother like Charlie or Willie a chance they would be worth following.

Salute to Van, hope he balls out at UF. Room was just to crowded for him here as he was our 4th best wr

Last edited:
As of right now just seniors. Don’t see the waivers going through especially for Van since he was class of 2015.

They're only paying 2.5 for Mario. They can afford to pay 1.7 for Leavitt and still come in under the number for Taggart. Think it's a smart move on their end anyways, he probably bounces next offseason.

Their money, they can do what they want. Personally I don’t think Leavitt is worth $1.7M a season, and it’s overpaying in probably most people’s eyes. Not my money, so they could have paid him $3M a season if that’s what they thought it was worth it to retain him. But as you mentioned, he could be gone next season, so it could be a big nothing burger.

Last edited:
Think Emory Jones will end up at Florida. That's a solid pickup for them. I had no idea we essentially cut things off with him. He will do well in Mullins offense

Reactions: MVP
RIP. I get accidents happen, but you can't go too hard in practice at this point in the season. Are Bama practices notoriously competitive or am I making that up?

This is actually the time of year where young guys go extra hard in practices. Probably just as physical as spring and fall camp practices for them. Even young guys who play still go through tough practices.

Foot injuries like a lot of soft tissue injuries seem more like those “**** happens” injuries than ones that are the result of going to hard at this point in the season.

Back
Top Bottom