OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pics :nerd:

I'm sure he's looking zesty lol

E9FDD6D7-7871-43F9-AE53-AE8D1A08AA1A.jpeg

Nobody was expecting FSU to go into the tank the way they did, was billed as a game of the century to start the season. Bama never usually has a problem with scheduling. Tricky Nicky even said he wants to go to Power 5 playing all other power 5 schools.

It's not just a Bama problem, every single team schedules cupcakes, Clemson, UGA, OU all have those type of games scheduled both this season and for the next few seasons. If anything a uniform 9 conference games schedule across the power 5 would be the best thing to do.
Still no excuse for playing Mercer vs Georgia

Still no excuse for playing Mercer vs Georgia

You don't make any sense, every SEC team plays 8 conference games and have a designated rival from the opposite division based on tradition (which in Tenn for Bama) and one other rotating opponent from the opposite division every year. They just played UGA 2 years ago, they don't come back up on the rotation until 2020.

Would you be able to search for it?
Did all the past content move over to this server? I believe those were the yuku days.
Oregon has crazy hype going into that 1st game and Boise beat the Brakes off them. Then the punch and chairs being thrown by the stands.
Was that Masoli at QB for Oregon?

Yep that was the year we played them in the rose bowl. Blount was suspended all year and then came back in against us and fumbled it in the end zone for a touch back. My dude Terrelle Pryor made them look foolish :pimp:

You don't make any sense, every SEC team plays 8 conference games and have a designated rival from the opposite division based on tradition (which in Tenn for Bama) and one other rotating opponent from the opposite division every year. They just played UGA 2 years ago, they don't come back up on the rotation until 2020.
That boy has no clue how it works. No sense in talking sense.

People keep saying this and I think in an NCAA where every conference already plays a different number of in-league games and different OOC schedules (with some teams completely ducking a P5 or legitimate P5 opponent) it would be absurdly unfair to give two teams a bye while others have to face essentially quarterfinal play in games.

Imagine this: Alabama plays the same cake walk schedule they've had this year and again only loses one division game but doesn't make the conference championship. The committee this time decides to seed them as #1 or #2. So they play a soft schedule all year, letting them rest players in games, of which they only play 12, and then they get to rest for another month plus while their potential opponents are killing themselves in games number 13 and 14? They could play a team that has had to play 2 additional games than them against likely CFP caliber competition?

How does expanding to 6 teams seem fair in any way?

People who are in favor of 6 usually cite that while it expands the field of playoff teams, it doesn't lessen the importance of the regular season because a top 2 seed could be very valuable considering most believe the 3 vs 6, and 4 vs 5 match ups would occur the week after Army-Navy.

Your hypothetical seems incredibly improbable.

Personally I don't want 6 or 8, and if I had my choice we would stick to 4 and get rid of the bowl sites and move the games to college campuses where they belong. Most years there are not more than 4 or 5 teams that have a legitimate argument of being considered the best team in the country.

But if they do expand it should be 8 with the 5 P5 champs, the highest ranked G5 champ, and 2 at larges.

People who are in favor of 6 usually cite that while it expands the field of playoff teams, it doesn't lessen the importance of the regular season because a top 2 seed could be very valuable considering most believe the 3 vs 6, and 4 vs 5 match ups would occur the week after Army-Navy.

Your hypothetical seems incredibly improbable.

Personally I don't want 6 or 8, and if I had my choice we would stick to 4 and get rid of the bowl sites and move the games to college campuses where they belong. Most years there are not more than 4 or 5 teams that have a legitimate argument of being considered the best team in the country.

But if they do expand it should be 8 with the 5 P5 champs, the highest ranked G5 champ, and 2 at larges.

I agree if it expands it should be to 8. I take issue with the number of games kids would be playing (almost a pro schedule) and that even then, some teams would play less games and there's no equally applied standard of competition faced.

Back
Top Bottom