OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jimbo got fans calling him out at his radio show. :lol:
It was just one fan though, much later in the show than I expected. Those calls/questions from the crowd had to have been so heavily screened. Incredibly tame and boring show up to that point.

Does Kennedy only run the option because it’s Navy? You don’t think he could alter his scheme?

It was just one fan though, much later in the show than I expected. Those calls/questions from the crowd had to have been so heavily screened. Incredibly tame and boring show up to that point.

I didn’t get to watch the show. I was at work a lot later than expected. Saw it on a forum and got a good chuckle. Especially since he looked like he was up to no good from the beginning lol

I didn’t get to watch the show. I was at work a lot later than expected. Saw it on a forum and got a good chuckle. Especially since he looked like he was up to no good from the beginning lol

That 25 second build up and he started walking away immediately as the mic was grabbed from his hand :lol:

Fisher's complete non-response and reaction to that seems to be a good sign he's checked out and gone though. I've been slightly worried we would find a way to make this somehow not actually happen, but that has me sold.

Does Kennedy only run the option because it’s Navy? You don’t think he could alter his scheme?

No, it's the only O he knows. He ran it as a player at Hawaii, and besides a 3 year stint with John Robinson at UNLV, he's been on option staffs.

He'd be the coach right now at BYU if he agreed to change his scheme. He didn't ( I don't blame him at all btw) and that's why they hired Sitake. He did not turn BYU down, they turned him down.

That 25 second build up and he started walking away immediately as the mic was grabbed from his hand :lol:

Fisher's complete non-response and reaction to that seems to be a good sign he's checked out and gone though. I've been slightly worried we would find a way to make this somehow not actually happen, but that has me sold.

From the sounds of it, he tried to make a ultimatum/power play and his bluff was called.

It appears Willie T will be his replacement. 3 recruits decommitted tonight as well. Writing is on the wall and has been there, tonight just seems to have solidified it.

Per Unconquered:

“Taggart talked to Wilcox (FSU’s AD) tonight for 30 minutes. Was requested to appear in Tallahassee no later than Monday or Tuesday for in person interviews. Will discuss his vision and master plan for the program. If all goes well, I expect a contract can be approved shortly thereafter. Proposed contract expected to be in the low 4’s with annual step ups and performance based enhancements.

This all assumes Jimbo doesn’t wake up and change his mind in the morning. “

Take it with a grain of salt though. Stuff can happen, but the past 24-48 hours just seems reinforces that he’s gone. If I were an A&M fan, I’d expect him to possibly jump ship if LSU, Auburn, or Alabama comes open while he’s in College Station. By the sounds of it, he didn’t want to go, but he pissed off the wrong people. Again, it’s forum talk, so ... there is always misinformation out there. In fact, probably most of it lol. Everyone has a “source” these days. Anyway, woudlnt be suprisrd if an announcement was made tomorrow.

I like Jimbo and sucks that he’s more than likely leaving, but rumors about him leaving every summer has grown old.

Last edited:
Wait... I read somewhere ASU’s AD used to represent Herm?

That can’t be true.

Anyway, woudlnt be suprisrd if an announcement was made tomorrow.

I like Jimbo and sucks that he’s more than likely leaving, but rumors about him leaving every summer has grown old.
Sounds like he'll get a ton more say in and control of certain things he's been *****ing about with the move to A&M, so along the lines of what I posted last night it seems like a perfect reset option for him. Don't expect to keep him for that long, but if he can come in and shake up our current loser mentality culture I'll still be happy for him when he ends up leaving.

Do you think it comes that early though? Everything I've heard has been Sunday or Monday depending on when A&M wants it out (after Saturday's game, but not competing news with CFB or NFL games). Earlier wouldn't be bad though if FSU says to just go and not coach the last game.

And FSU fans have seemed to turn completely against him in the past 24 hours. Is it just bitterness, tired of his whole Jimmy Sexton "fishing for a raise every offseason" tactics, or just not feeling like he's the guy to lead the program anymore? Have a feeling it's mostly a combo of the first two, with a dash of the third thrown in after this rough season.

I just can't believe after the last 50 years of our AD history, we finally have an AD with the balls and wherewithal to pull something like this off. Supposedly it's been in the works since the off-season comments from Woodward about Sumlin knowing he needed to win to keep his job and ramped up significantly after the UCLA game.

So glad he was able to keep the donors out of it unlike Byrne and Hyman.

Sounds like he'll get a ton more say in and control of certain things he's been *****ing about with the move to A&M, so along the lines of what I posted last night it seems like a perfect reset option for him. Don't expect to keep him for that long, but if he can come in and shake up our current loser mentality culture I'll still be happy for him when he ends up leaving.

Do you think it comes that early though? Everything I've heard has been Sunday or Monday depending on when A&M wants it out (after Saturday's game, but not competing news with CFB or NFL games). Earlier wouldn't be bad though if FSU says to just go and not coach the last game.

And FSU fans have seemed to turn completely against him in the past 24 hours. Is it just bitterness, tired of his whole Jimmy Sexton "fishing for a raise every offseason" tactics, or just not feeling like he's the guy to lead the program anymore? Have a feeling it's mostly a combo of the first two, with a dash of the third thrown in after this rough season.

Dre could speak to it better than me. Especially since he follows much closer than I do and he’s probably more even keel than me, making his opinions much more objective.

Anyway, I saw someone mention something about his son Trey Tweeted an announcement tomorrow.
Further, I just think people are over the whole ordeal to include FSU and just want a yes or no so they can move on.

As far a people turning him? I think most are tired of his stubbornness, apparently he’s a prick, and the constant coaching rumors wear thin. That said, if he was in the playoff hunt, most would keep their mouth shut and be praising the man. Further, most guys on football forums thinks they’re Nick Saban and have all the answers. Surprisingly, none of them are P5 football coaches if you can imagine that. Anyway, this saga has a lot of people that can take part in the blame. To what degree? Who the hell knows.

I happen to like Jimbo a bunch and I think he’s right about a lot things regarding facilities, but I’m not going to say he can’t be frustrating. But ... who knows the full truths to some of decisions, especially regarding his assistants. In terms of more control, you’re right, but he’s also find out real quick why they’re paying him so much. Big money Billionaires are a different animal. Once the introduction presser is over, it’s already going to be at a slow simmer for Jimbo. They’re paying for championships, not symposiums on how you lost by inches.

That said, I’d love to keep him, but if he leaves, it’s also a fact of life. He brought us a NC and is only one of four active coaches to do that. So for that, I’m thankful. People forget, the lost decade wasn’t too long ago... besides, the saga seems to have plenty of people to shoulder some of the blame, not just Jimbo and Sexton.

Last edited:
Tennessee Browns

Hopefully this federal investigation into Pilot takes down the Haslams

Hire Larry Coker and all your problems go away.

dave-chappelle-rick-james-bang-o.gif

Update on Urban's full scale investigation into the camera man that injured JT?

Wait, Lane was actually an option there?

With Jimbo, think FSU fans are tired of his annual fishing for a raise and his refusal to make changes to the staff kinda got to them too. Media seems to have turned on him big time with how he dealt with them the last few years as well.

I hope Jimbo stays at this point. :lol:

Wait, Lane was actually an option there?

With Jimbo, think FSU fans are tired of his annual fishing for a raise and his refusal to make changes to the staff kinda got to them too. Media seems to have turned on him big time with how he dealt with them the last few years as well.

I hope Jimbo stays at this point. :lol:

Apparently this go around had nothing to do with raises but rather who controls booster money and wanting upgraded/new facilities sooner rather than later. From what I gather, sounds like Jimbo was going for Andy Miller, head of the Boosters.

Also, word is that he tried to can some assistance last year, but was told no. Seems like Jimbo has burned a lot bridges this go around. Take that for what it’s worth. Whether it’s true. The hell if I know lol.

Either way you slice it, there’s definitely some bad blood and i get the impression that Fisher painted himself into a corner. Regardless, 5 years at $7M plus is a good plan B if you have to go. Soon enough LSU will open and I’m sure he’d be more than happy there.

Back
Top Bottom