OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Eff Peyton too.

He jealous of Tee and doesn’t want him winning chips as a coach and as a QB of the Vols. If he did, who’s really the legend QB? ...

How did this all come to be?

Jimbos worst season before this one was 4 losses. Is he beefing with the administration or what? Just seems so random. They’re usually a top ten program so I can’t understand why the fans would want him gone

Less to do about the class and more to do with needing to find out what direction to go in if they need to get new coaches, assistants, etc.

The class is the least of their worries (as of the moment)

Is Jimbo planning on taking Trickett and Kelly with him to A&M?

If he is dumb (which I don't believe him to be) yes. But likely neither one comes, esp since He was already looking for a new DC @ FSU. Maybe if kelly comes as a LB coach he may go but there's been talk all season of Trick retiring.

If/When he does go to aTm I wish him well. Have no ill-will towards him and I hope he does a great job there. :pimp:

Totally salvaged, modernized and rebuilt the program.

Last edited:
After the martial problems I don't blame Jimbo for wanting a change of scenery.

Is Jimbo planning on taking Trickett and Kelly with him to A&M?

Trickett is apparently retiring and taking a position within the Athletic Dept. Think he may take Kelly as a LB coach, and also take Tim Brewster due to the Texas recruiting ties

Florida State pressing for Jimbo to announce today?

Like most stuff, take with a grain of salt:

“On Fisher:
Fisher pushed to hard and overplayed his hand. Miller and Fisher hate each other. Monk dying removed the go between and a filter for Fisher. Relationship is not repairable.

Taggart: FSU has been talking with him since Tuesday night. He is willing to take the job. Will bring Dugans and the current DC along with Crytsabol (sp?). D. Craig has reached out and wants to stay at FSU. Odell will stay. Phil night gave Taggart his blessing to leave on Wednesday morning.

On Offense: Is a Harbaugh guy. Tailors his offense to fit his players. Isn't a great X's and O's guy but can hire great assistants and has done so in the past.

On the turnaround: He will be able to come in and sit trouble makers like Noonie and Frenchie and play his guys and take a loss. Fisher couldn't do that anymore. Will be able to recruit lights out with the staff he will bring in. J. Fields will at least listen to Taggart.”

Read more: http://unconquered.freeforums.net/thread/1248/staples-dropping-podcast-shortly#ixzz4zvuvE0Ut

Less to do about the class and more to do with needing to find out what direction to go in if they need to get new coaches, assistants, etc.

The class is the least of their worries (as of the moment)

If his dumb (which I don't believe him to be) yes. But likely neither one comes, esp since He was already looking for a new DC @ FSU. Maybe if kelly comes as a LB coach he may go but there's been talk all season of Trick retiring.

If/When he does go to aTm I wish him well. Have no ill-will towards him and I hope he does a great job there. :pimp:

Totally salvaged, modernized and rebuilt the program.

Agreed. Some fans need to quit being salty and be appreciative of where took us and where we are now. He’s done amazing things for us and it would suck to see him leave, but it’s life.

Hopefully TAMU can keep him, but I just see him jumping on the first opportunity LSU opens back up. Just my opinion. Really wish things didn’t take th turn the have and I would have been content with another Bobby like legacy. At the end of the day as you mentioned, he brought us back to the promise land and delivered on what we paid him to do; brought a Natty back to Tally.

Good luck to Jimbo whether he stays or goes.

Word can't discount what he did for the program...was def in the dark ages when he arrived.

Dugans gonna leave for a lateral move to an inferior program? :nerd: Or is he going to be made OC?

Back
Top Bottom