OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Michigan fans on 247 were debating what’s happening at Michigan/Harbaugh and mid chimed in with this (I don’t really have an opinion on it)

Personally, I think Jim Harbaugh is a very good coach. To a large extent ego-maniacal, but getting Stanford to where they are was a minor miracle. Harbaugh did that. He lobbied behind the scenes with the administration and boosters to persuade Stanford to care about football. And he did it coming from San Deigo University. The thing is, and Michigan fans know this, Harbaugh wears out his welcome pretty quickly. That ego just wears on a franchise or program after a few years.

The other thing to consider is that there are different types of good coaches. There are those coaches really good at taking a program from nothing to something. Steve Sarkisian did this at Washington. He was able to re-energize the program and get them to respectability. But that type of coach isn't always going to be the same coach you need to get over the hump and compete for titles.

That would be a nice argument if he didn't take an NFL franchise to 3 NFC championship games and a Super Bowl.

To be fair, I think we can all agree that college or nfl coaching success isn’t a predictor for how you’ll do at the next level and vice versa.

meh, he's proven he can coach at both levels, and any coach worth his salt will tell you coaching in the NFL is objectively much harder from week to week.

The point dude was making is that he's basically a Glen Mason type who's good at reclamation projects. That is ********.

He’s definitely a good coach and has Michigan going in the right direction. He’s just taken over at a time when their two biggest rivals are at their best which is hurting him for a big win. It’s all cyclical, I’m 100% sure he will win a few against us in the coming years it’s just a matter of when

Report: FSU kicker Aguayo 'jumped' by shuttered fraternity's members over 2016 UF game
KARL ETTERS | Democrat staff writerUpdated 1 hour ago
Florida State Seminole's kicker Ricky Aguayo told police after the 2016 rivalry game with the University of Florida Gators he was beaten by members of a fraternity now shuttered following an investigation into the death of one of its pledges.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ternitys-members-over-2016-uf-game/899328001/

So this is why you ran to LA MVP MVP :lol:

Last edited:
Is Lane really in charge of his own twitter?

Prob as much as Trump is. That's to say it's a mix of him and a media intern, as most coaches' accounts are. Lane is just a little more meme savvy and in touch with the youth, but that's gonna happen when you spend as much time as he does creeping with 20 year olds.

After staggering to 6-6, Texas coach Tom Herman facing questions; ‘I don’t have a good answer for you’
https://www.hookem.com/football-new...-tom-herman-facing-questions-dont-good-answer

Sound's like Herman's seat might be a balmy room temperature.

is the cupboard bare in Knoxville?

Not really and that's what made Tennessee's awful 2017 season so baffling, their upperclass are from top 5 classes. Butch was a very good recruiter, his issue was that he was an awful personnel guy. He mismanaged so many players' careers. Look back at those 2014 and 2015 and you'll see just how many of them left the program.

2017--15th
2016--15th
2015-- 5th (Kahlil McKenzie and Alvin Kamara class)
2014--5th (Jalen Hurd class)

Prob as much as Trump is. That's to say it's a mix of him and a media intern, as most coaches' accounts are. Lane is just a little more meme savvy and in touch with the youth, but that's gonna happen when you spend as much time as he does creeping with 20 year olds.

Sound's like Herman's seat might be a balmy room temperature.

He might be on that Jim McElwain, 2.5 year program.

As a Michigan fan, the only guy I am taking seriously about how this team is playing is Marcus Ray... Michigan needs a perfect storm to overachieve and cannot utilize the "next man up" right now... It is a huge problem.

I don't take Ray seriously. Sometimes He's right and sometimes He's not

He might be on that Jim McElwain, 2.5 year program.
Hes going to be his own downfall there. Big programs have expectations and apply pressure.

He doesn’t handle or respond to pressure well.

You could tell after Week 1 L against Maryland he wasn’t going to handle tough questions/adversity well.

is the cupboard bare in Knoxville?

Are you serious?
4 straight top 15 recruiting classes.
Butch doesn’t and has never developed talent. Worst in game coach to grace a sideline. Wasted talent all over the field.
Alvin kamara avg 13 touches per game at Tennessee. Evan Berry never played a single down on offense while being the best player with the ball in his hands in the conference for 4 years **** is comical

I told y’all, there was no search.
It was schiano from the Gate Bc of Haslam’s word.

From everything I've read they were locked in on Mullen until Chip and Frost were no longer candidates for the UF job.

In crooting news,

Are you serious?
4 straight top 15 recruiting classes.
Butch doesn’t and has never developed talent. Worst in game coach to grace a sideline. Wasted talent all over the field.
Alvin kamara avg 13 touches per game at Tennessee. Evan Berry never played a single down on offense while being the best player with the ball in his hands in the conference for 4 years **** is comical
just curious why these so called coaches are passing on the gig.

Back
Top Bottom