Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Oh, gif avatars are not working here? That's a shame

DSJr is a terrible defender. He's mini Harden on the defensive side

Oh, gif avatars are not working here? That's a shame

DSJr is a terrible defender. He's mini Harden on the defensive side
Sometimes a good defense is a better offense. Frank NT may be an Andre Roberson type lock down defender who can't score...

I just want to see FrankNT play as I have no idea what he has to offer. Suggestions that a Hardenesqe rookie, in DSJ, is a bad thing are confusing. I mean Haren's (no D) defense is lacking but you can't ignore him on the other end of the floor in a major. Game 7s not included lol

^

True, you are right. Harden had Beverley and Ariza to cover his weakness last season. CP3's defense has been as good as Beverley. We just signed THJr who isn't well known on the defensive side

NT is in good hands. Like D'Antoni, Hornacek is great in developing young point guards at offense

Don't know much about Frank so I can't say much either way. I haven't seen him play nor have many fans. What they have seen is the guy we passed on showing that he'll be a top talent for years, it's silly to act like you don't understand where that comes from. Especially when our culture has been wait and see for decades.

I'd still like to see who FrankNT is. Sure he's got a reputation from 18 and under Euro league as a defensive stopper, but how does that translate in the NBA. Most lottery picks are drafted for what they do on the offensive end of the floor. Shumperts defensive prowess lasted about 2 seasons before he was exposed...

Didn't DSJr have like 5 steals the other day?

He doesn't look like a slouch on defense at all. He averaged 2 steals in college.

DE8J4ElXkAENo2c.jpg

The real reason Melo wants to leave.

Steals do not equal defense. But honestly my issue with DSJ is his history of knee injuries. Am afraid he will be Brandon Roy 2.0 because his skill set is based on his athleticism.

Fans: 'We need defense!'

*Knicks draft defensive minded guard*

Fans: 'Why did we pass on Dennis Smith!?'

I'm not mad at the pick yet. Don't really know much about him but I'm not a fan of foreign players. I've said it before.

Now I hate with a passion the signing of Tim. Could get Simmons for more than half the price and he's way better on defense.

Back
Top Bottom