Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Tweets for Knicks' press conference from Begley

Steve Mills says Knicks will emphasize pride, work ethic, accountability, youth, athleticism. Mentions the term rebuilding.

Steve Mills says Scott Perry will have the freedom & flexibility to add/change front office staff while working in tandem with Mills on it.

Scott Perry says he's 'humbled' by the opportunity to help run the Knicks as new general manager. He thanks his family for their support.

Jeff Hornacek says the top priority and mentality for the Knicks going forward has to be improving on defense.

Jeff Hornacek wants his players to feel 'embarrassed' when they get beat on defense.

Steve Mills says NYK has been in touch with teams regarding Melo. Says if the opportunity works for everyone involved, they'd pursue a trade

Steve Mills doesn't rule out the possibility of Carmelo returning to New York. As of late last week, Melo was still expecting to be traded.

Steve Mills says he has a 'hectic texting relationship" with Kristaps Porzingis and he's spoken with him 2-3 times this summer.

Steve Mills says the Knicks would not pursue a buyout with Carmelo Anthony.

Mills: "I'm going to give Scott the room to make basketball decisions." Says he & Perry will ultimately be partners in decision making

NYK president Steve Mills says he would have selected Frank Ntilikina with the No. 8 pick if he were the top decision-maker at the time.

Scott Perry says he thinks the Knicks could use a veteran at point guard to help rookie Frank Ntilikina.

Steve Mills: "I'm not going to look back on what happened with Carmelo and Phil." Says NYK will be a good developing team with or w/out Melo

Both Steve Mills & Scott Perry say they will be in touch with Melo & his camp and will find a resolution that works for everyone involved.

DE9V5zIXcAEdmR_.jpg

Scott Perry on how he'll handle fan/media pressure & expectations in NY: "The best way I’m going to do that is I’m going to be Scott Perry."

y'all cried for a defensive wing, when we couldn't stop anyone. we drafted one. y'all were nervous about DSJR's knees, and now he's showing out. if DSJR ended up with us, and got hurt, y'all would be crying for Frank and saying we should've taken DSJR. now that we have Frank, y'all are crying for DSJR. unreal....

this is EXACTLY why you can't rely on tanking and the draft. you might get lucky, you might not. too many what ifs to waste a whole season with the hope that the ping pong balls fall a certain way and the player we draft is a stud. if we flat out suck, cool. but losing on purpose is a waste of time.

y'all cried for a defensive wing, when we couldn't stop anyone. we drafted one. y'all were nervous about DSJR's knees, and now he's showing out. if DSJR ended up with us, and got hurt, y'all would be crying for Frank and saying we should've taken DSJR. now that we have Frank, y'all are crying for DSJR. unreal.....
FrankNT is hurt so we covered all the bases and scenarios lol I wanted to see the BPA get picked and kinda anxious to see what we got. A few people believe FrankNT is the truth so I guess we'll see at some point..

DSJR is a problem but a couple things stuck out to me.

#1- He will be a defensive liability. People will be getting buckets on him due to his height
#2- His game needs to change. He WILL get injured. I wish him the best, but the way he plays the game, he will hurt himself sooner rather than later if he does not make adjustments. One dunk attempt he had during SL made me cringe. His landings are suspect.
#3- Reminds me of Steve Francis with less handle

While I was surfing Twitter, I saw a tweet about LaLa's sex scene from tv show's last night. Has anyone seen it yet? I don't watch that tv show. Some people said the tv show took it to another level o_O

this is EXACTLY why you can't rely on tanking and the draft. you might get lucky, you might not. too many what ifs to waste a whole season with the hope that the ping pong balls fall a certain way and the player we draft is a stud. if we flat out suck, cool. but losing on purpose is a waste of time.

Team has pieces to compete in this weak east

Front office is looking to maximize their draft picks but Kriztaps isn't happy with the current direction and trading Melo now gets little in return
It'd be damaging to tank out the gate without tryna win first

While I was surfing Twitter, I saw a tweet about LaLa's sex scene from tv show's last night. Has anyone seen it yet? I don't watch that tv show. Some people said the tv show took it to another level o_O

She pulled them thangs out and stuffed em in dudes mouth

giphy.gif

NBA is getting rid of home/road designations. Home team picks what Jersey they want to wear and the road team wears the contrasting color

Back
Top Bottom