Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Doesn't Frank the French fit the triangle tho? :lol:

Happy for you die-hards that Dolan has come to his senses. No way Phil willingly parted ways.

He does, but he also brings good defense that our team desperately needs. He will be fine.

i was reminiscing to myself how competent this team was in the 90s how we signed h20 and traded for camby, lj and sprewell and how young and talented that squad was... but it went downhill after van gundy resigned and h20 was injury prone... hopefully we can get back to those days though where we can actually build a team who can compete at a high level every year

NBA is a players league Phil played himself with his ego.

Hopefully this means back to simple basketball but Dolan is still here so...

Also there's no need for a big name gm. The knicks wood be smart to build from the ground up now.

Last edited:
Gotta lift this curse and get Pat back in the building. Hand him the keys......can't be any worse than the last 15 years or so.

AFTER THE DRAFT?!!!!

:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

This couldn't be done last week before he picked a player best suited for his vision going forward?

This franchise is unbelievably inept. :x

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Wow. Did not expect this.

Hornacek is free [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]

Last edited:
AFTER THE DRAFT?!!!!

:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

This couldn't be done last week before he picked a player best suited for his vision going forward?

This franchise is unbelievably inept. :x

This too tho :smh:

DSJ :frown:

Him, Melo & KP would've been a much better core going forward if Melo is going to actually stay here, which it looks like. He or Monk would've been perfect for Hornys system.

Frank is a project at best. Now the timelines really don't match.

Him, Melo & KP would've been a much better core going forward if Melo is going to actually stay here, which it looks like. He or Monk would've been perfect for Hornys system.

Don't tell that to these guys tho. He's the best thing since Jerian Grant was the prototypical pg of the future/franchise savior

Dolan must have watched MJs HOF speech last night :lol: F.U. Phil Jackson and bye :smokin

Last edited:

I'm going to play devils advocate here...

I think we need Frank's defense. It allows KP and Melo to have more shots whereas if we had took DSJ we might of had similar to last year where 3 players were all wanting to take shots and it often isolated KP. Monk was my guy but hey, I can understand why we took Frank as Lee is a pretty decent SG. We didn't have any PG's and hopefully now we won't re-sign Rose.

:smokin :smokin :smokin

addition by subtraction, we're already a better team.

Give Dolan props for both hiring Phil, which at the time sounded like a great move, and then letting go of Phil.

Ya'll cant say Dolan didnt try.

Back
Top Bottom