Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Him, Melo & KP would've been a much better core going forward if Melo is going to actually stay here, which it looks like. He or Monk would've been perfect for Hornys system.

Frank is a project at best. Now the timelines really don't match.

I'm going to play devils advocate here...

I think we need Frank's defense. It allows KP and Melo to have more shots whereas if we had took DSJ we might of had similar to last year where 3 players were all wanting to take shots and it often isolated KP. Monk was my guy but hey, I can understand why we took Frank as Lee is a pretty decent SG. We didn't have any PG's and hopefully now we won't re-sign Rose.

Fair enough take.

Just give the job to Houston.

I'm not even on the team but it feels like a huge shadow/burden was lifted off. Melo and KP rejoice.

I think we need Frank's defense. It allows KP and Melo to have more shots whereas if we had took DSJ we might of had similar to last year where 3 players were all wanting to take shots and it often isolated KP. Monk was my guy but hey, I can understand why we took Frank as Lee is a pretty decent SG. We didn't have any PG's and hopefully now we won't re-sign Rose.

This. Plus Ima need for people to be happy and stop complaining about ever little thing under the sun. We been mad AF about Phil since forever, and now he's gone. Pure jubilation should be the consensus.

AFTER THE DRAFT?!!!!

:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

This couldn't be done last week before he picked a player best suited for his vision going forward?

This franchise is unbelievably inept. :x

Apparently, separation talks started when Phil refused to buyout Melo's contract, which was only a couple days ago. I think Dolan and co. realized that this fool is really about his ego and not the team, so enough was enough. Better late than never. I wouldn't be able to watch 2 more years of Phil's Knicks.

I actually cosign this. I'd be happy if Frank turns into an Andre Iguodala lite. More would be better of course, but I can see them having similar games. I would've liked DSJR over anyone else available, but I'm skeptical about another PG with knee problems.

giphy.gif

Never in a million years would I have thought I'd wake up to this news

F*CK PHIL!!!

Pay Masai Ujiri ALL THE MONEY 

Too happy right now

Last edited:
Can't wait til next year when we're calling for the firing of whoever we hire to replace Phil.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

The only time I can remember a GM being generally approved of by the fanbase was Donnie, and guess who ruined that.
laugh.gif

As long as James Dolan is our owner, we're screwed.

Still not sold on hornecek he's gotta prove himself. Felt like all of our games were close last year but u still knew we weren't winning. He's gotta fix that.

Back
Top Bottom