Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Should be running pick & roll/pop with Rose at least for the first few weeks while he gets up to speed.

Almost 60 points combined from Melo, Rose, and KP and we played like absolute dog **** and got crushed by the defending champs. We will get better with time. I just hope the owner's fight for a new amnesty provision because were definitely gonna need it on Noah. He's done and not worth 17 million over 4 damn years

Also, Billy, Kuz, and Baker... together shot 7-11 for 16pts and 3 rebs in 25 minutes. Pookie and O'Quinn need to have many seats.

Yeah all three young guys have years of playing in high level situations, I'll gladly live through whatever adjustment period they'll face in the early stages because they'll be better in the long run.

Don't care for Jennings and I'm not surprised by his performance. Just have to try and limit his negatives when he's not making a meaningful contribution.

Remember Woodson's switch everything defense?

Hopefully this isnt the case again. We got murked throughout preseason and last night because of mismatches,

Correct me if Im wrong but, wasnt it Brandon Jennings who said that our defense was easy to exploit (as a member of the bucks) because we switched everything?

Its really atrocious, lazy defense.

From the get go I never thought offense was a problem. You got this many talented scorers, the balls going in the bucket. Whats really been hampering me since day 1 was how we would be able to move together defensively.

Good thing is, all the players seem to be preaching defense . Lets see them put the work in and build some type of identity.

Rose said he wants to run PnR every time down the court. Melo agrees with him.

We'll see what happens Saturday.

CvqHfJrXEAUgCJ5.jpg:large
At it again, huh? 
laugh.gif

KP needs to be more assertive, you got a guard on you in the post call for the damn ball. Watching Embiid last night play like a absolute dog and alpha impressed the hell out of me especially in his first NBA game. I don't want to hear the Melo excuse either cause if he's not smart enough to get u the ball during a mismatch thats a conversation he should have with him. He's way too talented to be so passive and needs to visibly show your teammates you want it. Hanging out at the perimeter when he's a absolute stud in the mid range/elbow is doing this team a huge disservice.

Myles Turner, Embiid, KAT, etc. all have DOG in them and it would be nice to see KP show the same confidence and assertiveness in himself

I think its easier for them to be assertive considering who they play with. KP plays with guys with pedigrees even if they aren't what they once were. However you are correct, KP has got to be more assertive in those post mismatches...

Jeff Teague, Monta Ellis, Paul George. Extremely ball dominant players new coach new system

Andrew Wiggins, Zach Lavine, Shabazz Muhammad. Ball dominant players new coach new system.

All the experts come out after one L :lol:

NBA knew what they were doing putting a 3 day break before the second game.

What happened to Knicks fans? Ever since the KP draft (really since Pringles) y'all been funny style.

All the experts come out after one L :lol:

NBA knew what they were doing putting a 3 day break before the second game.

What happened to Knicks fans? Ever since the KP draft (really since Pringles) y'all been funny style.

Despair will do it to you cuz :lol: **** D'Antoni, orange uniforms, Robert Randolph on Friday nights, Lance Thomas, Derek Fisher, Kurt Rambis. I'm tired… :lol: All in for Saturday tho. We'll bounce back

Last edited:
You got the trade Melo on one end and 81-1 on the other. If I wasn't a knick fan this thred would be hard to stay subscribed too :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom