Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

every single sports event in msg is outrageously priced. besides it being nyc, i'm sure dolan got everything to do with it

If you get tickets straight from ticketmaster for face value it's not too bad

The resale market is what's crazy. $100+ for a 400 level seat? Nah.

Last edited:
Below .500 team wont get my bread. When I go to a game I bring sprinkles and sprinkles are for winner :lol:

them tickets will never be affordable. we were selling out games during the duhon/dantoni days. If the knicks threw an extra $100 on every ticket, they'll still sell.

Alot of good analysis from the first game in here. Some things I agree with/noticed...

-KP has to be more assertive. This is your team, call for the ball. He had an off shooting night, especially from the line and still had a descent star line.
-liked what I saw from Rose overall, hopefully the team can mesh with him.
-Mello played like the best player on the court in the first quarter.
-Jennings posse me off all game, a true chucker.
-koq should be benched for the next game for shopting that 3. Wasn't it in the second quarter when they were still in the game? He seems like a bonehead who makes stupid decisions.
-looking forward to tomorrow. Didn't expect a win but didn't expect to get blown out that bad as well. Get a w tomorrow and Tuesday is forgotten.

Knicks tickets have certainly hit astronomic levels. It's a direct reflection with the real estate market to be honest. The price keeps getting higher and higher, but this paradigm will continue as long as there's people willing to pay. Unfortunately, it's the wealthy that seems to be purchasing these tickets and inflating the prices, because it's almost usually on their company's tab.

There will come a point where you'll "price out" your fan base and end up with an absolutely awful experience (huge difference being around fans in the upper bowl vs lower). I know for a fact Warriors fans are going through the same thing. This is what happens with teams in big markets.

Although, this begs to question: I wonder what tickets are like in Cleveland :lol:

EDIT: Just took a quick look at Cav's tix for their home game against the Spurs on January 21 using Seat Geek--Found floor seat for $827 :rofl:

Last edited:
Knicks are the most valuable franchise in basketball believe it or not so prices are not coming down anytime soon... i was thinking about going tomorrow but i waited too long and now the good seats are too expensive

Last edited:
NY_KnicksPR – ‏@NY_KnicksPR

Ron Baker (sprained right ankle) is questionable for tomorrow versus @memgrizz
9:21 AM - 28 Oct 2016

Horny basically admits Phil is making him run the triangle. Absolutely ridiculous
Any coach entertaining the idea of coming here should know the deal by now.

You gonna run the triangle, Melo aint getting traded and you have to play KP.

Last edited:
if theres 1 thing phil has been terrible for the franchise is his persistence in running the triangle... why cant he accept that times have changed and the successful teams in the league dont rely on that.... the problem with the triangle is we dont get easy baskets... horny can say oh we only run the triangle during timeouts and the out of bounds plays but hes basically leaving out pick n roll and pick n pop plays which our starting 5 can be great at exception for noah... its only game 1 of the season so i know we have plenty of time to evolve so hopefully horny can make some adjustments... i just want him to have at least 1 player rose, melo or kp on the court at all times

Not sure why anyone thought we wouldn't run the triangle, it been his coaching bread and butter. DRose ain't a triangle type of guy, he a man :smile: and you could see in game 1 what's he's built for. Horny better wait til RB's ankle is healed and sub him in for when he wants to run da triangle. You take away Roses effectiveness when you try to make him run it. Rose's best in attack mode imo..

If you get tickets straight from ticketmaster for face value it's not too bad

The resale market is what's crazy. $100+ for a 400 level seat? Nah.

I always check Ebay close to the game, you can find tickets at crackhead prices
smokin.gif
this is new to me. didn't think of checking ebay

The Garden, is a reflection of the city itself. Not for regular working class stiffs who grew up here. I wanna go to a game but I gotta pay this expensive *** rent. :lol:

125 for a mavs game not bad not sure who to bring... nobody i know likes them... my pops only likes the warriors :smh:

My last 2 games were in 2013, and they got scraped by the Spurs and the Sixers respectively. I don't wanna spend all that bread on another 30 point loss. :lol:

Still on the fence :lol:

I don't want to drop so much money to see the knicks get smacked :rofl:

So far, my record is perfect lol

Back
Top Bottom