Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

frank is cool as a 3rd option but you know phil will pick him no matter what... the order should go like this if they are available

1. monk
2. smith jr
3. frank

Last edited:
i'm cool with any of frank, monk, or dennis 

if we could somehow get another pick to draft donovan mitchell

a frank/mitchell backcourt would be so good defensively 

i'm cool with any of frank, monk, or dennis 

if we could somehow get another pick to draft donovan mitchell

a frank/mitchell backcourt would be so good defensively 
I'm with this. I would be so ******* happy if the Knicks could find a way to draft a new backcourt on draft night. I mean our frontcourt is actually solid and guys like KP/Willy are only gonna improve. KP is just waiting to emerge as a star, we have just been plagued by backcourt issues. Our backcourt has been **** defensively and we dont need Derrick ******* Rose decreasing Porzingis' usage rate from year one to year two. We desperately need to find a franchise PG who will be Porzingis' running mate.

I'm very high on both Mitchell and Kernard if we could trade for 12 or 15, not so much Jackson but if 15 is all we can get and Mitchell/Kernard are off the board by then I'd be cool with it. For me, who I like more depends on the PG we go with at 8.

If we draft Monk, id prefer Mitchell because Monk is already a dead eye shooter and Mitchell would be a perfect compliment as a defender who can also play some point, allowing Monk to play off the ball. Monk/Mitchell would be my ideal of ideal draft night scenarios.

If we go with Frank, I still like Mitchell because that backcourt would be scary as **** defensively with a ton of potential.

However, if we go with Smith Jr., I think having a dead-eye shooter like Kernard next to him to space the floor would be a perfect fit, and I also think there is a lot more to Kernard's game than just being a spot up shooter. He is extremely smooth and crafty, able to shoot off the dribble very well, and has legit playmaking abilities as a ball handler. I think his ceiling is much more Gordon Hayward than JJ Reddick (not that theres anything wrong with being Reddick).

But so help me God if we draft Luke ******* Kernard with the 8th pick. 
mean.gif

Also I am almost positive that Frank is there at 8, but even if he's not it will mean that Monk and/or Smith Jr. will be.

Last edited:
A Ntilikina/Mitchell would be awesome defensively but I'm not sold on either of them being a good enough playmaker right away to start at the 1.

Last edited:
while i agree shooting is always good but i dont want them to do just that and nothing else like rebound, create their own shot and play defense...look at novak he shoots lights out but if he doesnt get the ball hes useless

Last edited:
Yea Curry and Thompson both put the ball on the floor and finish plays at high levels unlike a Novak type. GSW is a product of good decision making in the front office which is the opposite of the Knicks.

Yes its a 3pt shooting league, but we need a point guard that can create their own shot and for others. DSJ is really the only one that fits that mold.

Frank can be the best defensive guard in this draft, but he's more of a hit the open shot and play lock down defense type of player. Literally a reincarnation of Avery Bradley.

I'm typically pretty sensible in regards to these FA/trade dreams, but I'm almost certain that Bron and Melo will play together before they retire. Not saying here though.

Back
Top Bottom