Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

why would any player want to come to the NYK when Phil is over here disrespecting his own.

Phils been roasting Melo the entire season, no FA wants to endure that.

Amare also got past the second round something Blake has never done as a franchise player
stop finding excuses an diverting from the argument man 
laugh.gif

FA's and trade scenarios are our fantasies because that's all we got left. I mean does anybody reeeeeally expect Melo to waive the NTC to go to Miami :lol:

How is that making excuses? It's a relevant fact. They put up similar numbers but stat actually goes far in the playoffs. Same can't be said about Blake. He's straight up tmac status just putting up good numbers and that's it

why would any player want to come to the NYK when Phil is over here disrespecting his own.

Phils been roasting Melo the entire season, no FA wants to endure that.
I'm pretty sure not every FA is just gonna take it and not make noise publicly like Melo did.

But hey the Cavs owner had some plantation mentality in his letter to LeBron when he left and LeBron went back.

Maybe this generation of players are just that soft and sensitive.

Last edited:
Idc about career stats, I was talking prime vs prime. And Amare Stoudemire from 2005-2011 was a better and more impactful player than Blake ever was/has been.

Not that its the end all be all but just to put things into perspective of how Amare was perceived amongst NBA fans in his hey day, Bill Simmons used to have that trade value column back in the day where he would rank the top 50 players in the NBA by trade value. In 2005 Amare was ranked #2 overall behind only Tim Duncan, ahead of Lebron and Wade. This is what he wrote about STAT back then and say what you will about BS, you're lying if you say he doesnt represent the common analysis of a highly intelligent basketball junkie (especially back then).
2. Amare Stoudemire  – You could make a good case that he should be No. 1. In fact, that’s exactly what my buddy House said last week when we were figuring out this list: “Stoudemire is my No. 1. He showed a level of upside unmatched by any player his age in these playoffs, with the exception perhaps of Wade (and Stoudemire is more valuable than Wade because of the position he plays). If San Antonio loses Game 7 tonight, you’re telling me that they would flatly reject Amare for Timmy? I’m not so sure.”
Amare almost won a title as his team's top scoring option playing alongside an elite PG, a role Blake has played with less success. Amare was also a very legit MVP candidate in 2010-2011 before the Melo trade. Blake has never been that impactful of a force in the NBA. He is, as I said, a poor man's OG STAT.

Also, I just got around to reading this article. Idk if it was posted in here already besides that image of the total Win/Loss records of other all star forwards' supporting casts compared to Melo's over the past 3 seasons, but its worth posting again even if it was.

HIGHLY recommend anyone to read it. One of the best, most logical, stat based articles I have read about Melo since he has been in NY. Was shocked it came from the Daily News. Made me want Melo to get traded for Blake just for Melo's sake even though I want no part of Blake in NY, because I totally agree with everything written. Hopefully if the Clippers do go in hard for a Blake/Melo swap this summer (which, if they were smart, they would) we could get a 3rd team involved with assets that we could use who would be willing to give them up for Blake, like the Celtics. The Celtics would probably be willing to give up more for Blake than Melo anyway because he's younger...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...thony-leave-knicks-nba-team-article-1.3098249

Last edited:
That headline :lol: :lol:

Nothing in that article says we love Frank. Steve Mills simply went to France to scout him like every GM in the league.

Doesn't matter who we draft because if they're not a bonafide STUD right away we're just going to trade whoever it is away after their 2nd year

We refuse to develop young talent  

also using the old school triangle offense doesnt help either... i could understand if we actually had a winning season but phil is just stuck in his losing ways as president

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom