Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Melo kicking La La off the board of his charity foundation tells me La La did something as well. We still haven't heard both sides to this story. Melo has always put his family and wife first. Recent news suggests a polarizing act of behavior on his part. Something isn't kosher here.

Last edited:
Idk, Justise Winslow and a pick or two. Not like Phil has much leverage here, the whole league knows he wants to unload Melo and start rebuilding.

Idk, Justise Winslow and a pick or two. Not like Phil has much leverage here, the whole league knows he wants to unload Melo and start rebuilding.

Melo will not be had with that offer, a third year player with little offense and some draft picks, Phil isn't that desperate. If it was Whiteside though, but that will not ever happen.

We could probably throw Richardson and/or Tyler Johnson in mix. Basically anyone on the roster except for Whiteside and Dragic. If Riley is trading for Melo it's because he's trying to compete and we need both Goran and Hassan along with Melo to do so.

Last edited:

Melo will not be had with that offer, a third year player with little offense and some draft picks, Phil isn't that desperate. If it was Whiteside though, but that will not ever happen.
Bruh Phil is a scumbag. Hell buy Melo out at this point.

Melo kicking La La off the board of his charity foundation tells me La La did something as well. We still haven't heard both sides to this story. Melo has always put his family and wife first. Recent news suggests a polarizing act of behavior on his part. Something isn't kosher here.

I agree. Something definitely happened.

I don't think it's that deep, la- La was on the board because of the relationship and she's no longer in the relationship. I mean what are her qualifications beyond Melo?

winslow and tyler johnson sounds good

or replace TJ with the heat's first round pick this yr 

I mean Melo is my favorite player and I am perfectly content with him staying here and riding this out, plus I think he could fit in nicely as a veteran leader type next to Porzingis and whatever PG we draft who could still be the primary scoring option until Porzingis/future PG grow into that role in which time I think Melo will be more than ready to take a back seat anyway.

Having said that if Phil unloaded Melo for Justise and the Heat's first I would be perfectly happy with that deal. Especially with as little leverage as Phil created for us, I dont know many deals outside of potentially one with Boston that could jump star our rebuilding as much. Winslow is a very nice player with all-star level potential with some seasoning and at least a lock down defender floor, he could step into Melo's role immediately. And in this draft the Heat's first rounder could potentially net us another really nice young player. I expect this draft's late lottery to be almost as good as it was in 2015 when players like Devin Booker, Myles Turner, and Trey Lyles were all drafted after 10. But IMO the top 10 is better this year. Hell, if we had the Heat's pick and we stayed at #7 we could potentially try to even package the 2 to chase Fultz if the team that wins the lotto really likes a PG who will be available at 7 and wants some added depth as well.

Doubt that trade would happen but would definitely not be a bad move for us all things considered IMO... And like JRS said, I dont trust Phil in the slightest and wouldnt even be completely shocked if he tried to buy out Melo if he threatens to waive his NTC. 
mean.gif

On the other hand, its crazy to see someone you know from the same block making moves. Hamadou Diallo and I both grew up in Lefrak City, Queens.

He's projected to be the 10th best overall prospect in the 2018 NBA draft class and the #1 SG prospect. He decided to join Kentucky for Fall but two days ago he declared for the NBA Draft with a possible chance of returning to Kentucky this year. 

Calipari's 30 for 30 was a good doc. I love how he cares and pushes the kids to their future beyond only what they can do for the school. Traditionalists who just like these unpaid workhorses can't stand it.

Wow sick that you know Diallo @PaulMinus. Had no idea he decided to test the draft waters. He would be a GREAT high upside steal for us to use one of our 2nd round picks on if he stays in. Plus hes a local NY kid and a 2 guard. We'll probably (hopefully) draft a PG in the first, we have Willy/KP up front, and we still have Melo at the 3 for now and will likely get a 3 back in any trade we may make for him, so it would be great to draft a young high ceiling player in the 2nd round to groom behind Lee at the 2 for a couple of years.

has each borough produced at least a starting 5 ? you can throw in the island and yonkers too.

Diallo from Lefrak? What high school did he go to?

I used to ball there and around the Forest Hils area in the summer all the time back in the day. Most of the ball players from there suck now.

Harkless was the last one that I hooped with that made it, thought this kid Andre Armstrong was gonna make it too :smh:

Last edited:

Wow sick that you know Diallo @PaulMinus. Had no idea he decided to test the draft waters. He would be a GREAT high upside steal for us to use one of our 2nd round picks on if he stays in. Plus hes a local NY kid and a 2 guard. We'll probably (hopefully) draft a PG in the first, we have Willy/KP up front, and we still have Melo at the 3 for now and will likely get a 3 back in any trade we may make for him, so it would be great to draft a young high ceiling player in the 2nd round to groom behind Lee at the 2 for a couple of years.
This is an interesting move because he's technically a lottery pick next year (2018), if a team selects him mid to late first or second round, it can be a nice steal. 
Diallo from Lefrak? What high school did he go to?

I used to ball there and around the Forest Hils area in the summer all the time back in the day. Most of the ball players from there suck now.

Harkless was the last one that I hooped with that made it, thought this kid Andre Armstrong was gonna make it too
mean.gif
Yea and he went to John Bowne in main st flushing by the L.I.E for about a year than transferred out of state to focus on bball. Everybody out there use to ball in Lefrak, school, LBH etc. I went to Bowne years before that left in 08. Everybody out there use to ball in Lefrak, school, LBH etc.

Would you guys trade Melo to Boston for lets say only Jaylen Brown + their pick? In this scenario if we don't ask Boston for much of their assets for Melo we can manage to still keep our pick thus having the 1st & 7th ? Of course, it won't happen though

Last edited:
IMO there is no way on God's green earth that the Celtics give up that Nets pick for Melo. If by some miracle they would though, I do that trade in a heart beat even if we get no other assets and just cap fillers of their choosing.

Maybe depending on how we do in the lottery and if they're eliminated in the first round, celtics would entertain melo+our pick for that selection

Back
Top Bottom