Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Our perimeter D is still sus and that's where the Cavs are most dangerous, with all of their pick and roll options.

That's what has me skeptical about getting a W.

But I have faith in this roster to pleasantly surprise me. Squad has heart and pride this year. Anything is possible.

At the end of the day...this is only one game tho. Counts the same as any other in the win/loss column.

Last edited:
just hope the refs dont control the game

Edit - just checked the spread and Cavs are favored by 9 points. Def gonna be a blowout.

Last edited:
From what I hear Melo was struggling early and got into ISO mode hit a couple shots then got rolling with the catch and shoot. I have no problems with him using the ISO to get himself going if he never gets going than that's another issue. It's honestly all about finding the perfect balance while doing what he usually does best which is catch and shoot.

Last edited:
From what I hear Melo was struggling early and got into ISO mode hit a couple shots then got rolling with the catch and shoot. I have no problems with him using the ISO to get himself going if he never gets going than that's another issue. It's honestly all about finding the perfect balance while doing what he usually does best which is catch and shoot.
Catch & shoot Melo is elite.

remember what Phil said?
Bron gonna get 40/10/10,
Kyrie & KLove with 25+

dumb *** Phil talking about other folk for no reason. this gonna be one of those classic Garden games, where we are the laughing stock yet again SMH

Hopefully PJ's half assed apology today isn't a day late and a dollar short...

Last edited:
Knick fans are always on edge. Even during a 4 game win streak.
laugh.gif

Bunch a pessimistic Pedro's in here b :smh:

A good game going down the stretch like we had against Charlotte would be :pimp:

Last edited:
Honestly, we're going up against the defending champions who've been clicking recently and have also figured out how to maximize Love. Let's also not forget, we're going into a back-to-back against a team that got into town Tuesday morning, while we were playing a game last night IN MIAMI :lol:

Of course the smart money will be on Cleveland tonight. It would be foolish to expect a win, but I don't think it's too much to expect somewhat of a competitive game. When we last played the Cavs we were still building team chemistry and an identity. It's a shame if Rose cant go tonight, considering how well he's been playing recently.

We're to need a collective team effort tonight. Noah needs to step up and the Knicks need to look to feed KP early and often.

Honestly, we're going up against the defending champions who've been clicking recently and have also figured out how to maximize Love. Let's also not forget, we're going into a back-to-back against a team that got into town Tuesday morning, while we were playing a game last night IN MIAMI :lol:

Of course the smart money will be on Cleveland tonight. It would be foolish to expect a win, but I don't think it's too much to expect somewhat of a competitive game. When we last played the Cavs we were still building team chemistry and an identity. It's a shame if Rose cant go tonight, considering how well he's been playing recently.

We're to need a collective team effort tonight. Noah needs to step up and the Knicks need to look to feed KP early and often.
If you're a good team. Make it competitive no matter what.
I'm just not buying it. We don't show up every night to play. I get it you're tired. But at least pretend like you care sometimes.
That's something we don't do. Last night Melo going off the reason why won. If he has a bad shooting night we lose.

If you're a good team. Make it competitive no matter what.
I'm just not buying it. We don't show up every night to play. I get it you're tired. But at least pretend like you care sometimes.
That's something we don't do. Last night Melo going off the reason why won. If he has a bad shooting night we lose.

95% of the league is built similarly. There are very few teams that can allow their star players to have "off nights" and still have other players who'll collectively step up to get a team win. It just doesn't work like that, especially in basketball where a single players performance greatly impacts an entire game.

The teams that can afford their star players to have off nights, are usually the ones with deep rosters and coincidentally, those are also title contending teams.

What's most alarming to me is our awful team defense. I don't know why we're allowing the Miami Heat to score 103 points.

Knick fans are always on edge. Even during a 4 game win streak.
laugh.gif
We beat teams we were supposed to beat. A combined 20/42, tonight is a real game bros..
Don't get your hopes up, dude. For one, we aren't even on the level of Cleveland. Add to that the fact that this is a back to back.

Give it 'til at least mid season before you start hanging your hopes on a win against the reigning champions on a back to back.

Statement win if we get it, but jeez, lay off them man. A lot of chips against them tonight. Ain't even mad if they lose, just hope they compete.

My pessimistic side is saying refs control game, we start complaining about calls, and end up losing by 15

My optimistic side says we'll stay competitive for 3 quarters and lose by 10

Back
Top Bottom