Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

We really need to learn how to play defense without fouling so much. 

Biggest pet peeve with this team. 

Also, when we do actually play solid defense we don't close the possession by corraling the rebound. Which in turn gives up an offensive rebound + 2nd chance basket OR another foul. Very frustrating to watch at times.

All in all, good win despite nearly choking it away. Gotta finish the home and home with a W tomorrow.

KP especially picks up a lot of silly fouls. He needs to condition himself to play with his hands up. As far as rebounding nobody on this team boxes out.
Westbrook and Towns grabbing 18 respectively on us in back to back games is laughable.

Russ averages more boards than everyone on our team. He does that every night

Last edited:
That doesn't make it ok.
laugh.gif
Thank you lol.

That doesn't make it ok. :lol:

That's cool but I don't look at is as only a Knicks problem the whole NBA can't keep Russ off the boards including teams way better than us. So whining about him of all players is pointless. It's really the equivalent of saying "yo how we allow Steph Curry to go 7-10 from three". I can't waste my breath complaining about great players being great when they are great against everyone. We complaining about Russ but Andre Roberson out there looking like prime Bruce Bowen

Apparently they're actually good friends and talk quite a bit.

Yes, I just read an article about their friendship
Pretty cool

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...towns-just-two-friends-redefining-nba-big-man

The conversation took place a few weeks ago. Kristaps Porzingis sent a text. Karl-Anthony Towns received it. The directive was clear.

"I said to him, 'This is a big year for us. We have to start taking over and taking that next step,' " Porzingis recalled in an interview with ESPN.

And Towns' reply?

"Exactly. Let's do our thing. Let's have a good season," is how Porzingis remembers it.

KP took a huge step in the right direction this year. Cant wait to see how much more he can improve once his usage rate increases.

Last edited:
I'm still in disbelief that we actually have a good coach.

At the beginning of the season, I had that same bad feeling in my gut that Holiday, Billy and Kuz would rot on the bench, just like other promising young players did in years past.

But Hornacek actually has a feel for the talent and chemistry of the players and lineups.

He's given everyone a chance to prove themselves and he gives them quality minutes when they give effort.

It's a breath of fresh air.

Hopefully Pookie and Noah slide further down the bench if they continue to underperform.

Last edited:
For anyone that pays 2k, they fixed some of the overalls for Knicks

New York Knicks

Carmelo Anthony: 87 OVR (-1)
Kristaps Porzingis: 84 OVR (+2)
Brandon Jennings: 76 OVR (+1)
Joakim Noah: 76 OVR (-1)
Kyle O'Quinn: 75 OVR (-1)
Justin Holiday: 72 OVR (+2)
Willy Hernangomez: 71 OVR (+1)
Sasha Vujacic: 68 OVR (-1)

Slowly KP is gonna top melo

For anyone that pays 2k, they fixed some of the overalls for Knicks

New York Knicks

Carmelo Anthony: 87 OVR (-1)
Kristaps Porzingis: 84 OVR (+2)
Brandon Jennings: 76 OVR (+1)
Joakim Noah: 76 OVR (-1)
Kyle O'Quinn: 75 OVR (-1)
Justin Holiday: 72 OVR (+2)
Willy Hernangomez: 71 OVR (+1)
Sasha Vujacic: 68 OVR (-1)

Slowly KP is gonna top melo
I don't see KP topping Melo this year. Maybe next year for sure but Melo will get hot again at some point I'm sure and put himself back at an 88. I see KP topping out at an 86 this year if he continues to kill it. Imagine if we had gotten the 2nd pick and grabbed Okafor? Dude still at a 78 I think lol

KP's back to the basket game can use some work, but you know what? That's something he can improve on. I'm liking that 'unicorn' moniker the more I watch him. He's def got a unique set of skills ...

Back
Top Bottom