Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

the problem with melo - the one that i think we all have - is that hes an obvious front runner. when his shot is falling hes very into the huddle, the game, communicating with his teammates, shouting instruction. but once he starts missing, hes withdrawn and lackadaisical. his inconsistency with effort is my one crippling factor of despise against him.

Well said, that's why he's not a leader. We make fun of psycho Brandon a lot but dude is always playing with intensity and high energy while being extremely vocal and protective of his teammates if his shot is falling or not.

I was fully confident we were going to give this game away :lol:.

I'm surprised Hornacek didn't go back to Rose at the end. I know he didn't play well, but the twolves kind of adjusted and sagged off Jennings and he became ineffective down the stretch.

It's ok. If this doesn't motivate Rose to play better on Friday, I'm not sure what will.

Ugly win. Real ugly.

Melo shoots bad comes through in the clutch on offense and defense.

Wasn't digging how most were playing in that 4th other than KOQ's rebounding.

Last edited:
How a single player attempts 20+ free throws in a single game is besides me. There is no way an individual should attempt that may free throws in a game. I understand the complexion of officiating in the NBA has drastically changed over the last few seasons, but this is alarming.

Melo is still Melo. He's lost a step, but he's as sharp mentally as he's ever been. Barring any injury, he's going to have a few more years of effective play in an NBA game.

KAT is a freak. You have to admire the kids aggressiveness on the offensive side of the ball. Although at this point, I'd take KP over KAT in almost every facet of the game, but I do wish KP had KAT's aggressiveness on offense though.

Refs were absolute horse **** and put kat on the line at will. He reminds of a Mr. Nice guy version of DeMarcus Cousins

Last edited:
Just watched the Dawkins highlight vid of KP last night...

What happened to that block that put KAT on his ***? Haven't seen a vine or anything for it...

They trynna bury it like when someone dunks on LeBron?

KAT got blocked by the rim...don't think it was KPs block if i remember correctly

Last edited:
Yea, KP had his stamp on that play, getting in between the rim and KAT, but he simply got stuffed by the rim itself.

KP did get a block on him later in the game though :pimp:.

like I said before, unbelievable talent KAT- but hes picked up the all important "sell contact" body throw.

for someone as big and strong as he is, especially the way he goes at the rim, it's funny to see how he throws himself as he feels contact. he uses his image, his reputation and his abilities to his favor. kudos .

Yeah he got stuffed by the rim but KP got a piece. I see he only got credited for 2 blocks in the box score too... Smh

We really need to learn how to play defense without fouling so much. 

Biggest pet peeve with this team. 

Also, when we do actually play solid defense we don't close the possession by corraling the rebound. Which in turn gives up an offensive rebound + 2nd chance basket OR another foul. Very frustrating to watch at times.

All in all, good win despite nearly choking it away. Gotta finish the home and home with a W tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom