Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

KP has only made 1 shot off of a D. Rose pass.

It's not Melo taking his shots, team just hasn't developed chemistry yet.

As great as he's looked offensively, D. Rose has initiated almost 0 offense so far. He's still trying to get his feet under him, understand the offense and his teammates tendencies.

It's still mad early and this is essentially a brand new team.

We'll get it together.

I don't think Rose will ever consistently initiate offense tbh. I see the Knicks using him somewhat like Cleveland uses Kyrie. The bulk of assist will come from Noah, Melo, and Jennings. The Rose and KP PnR definitely has to start happening though

Been 2 games with the whole starting 5 healthy. Sitting at 1-1 after playing 2 good teams.

We'll be fine.

I don't even think KP wants 20 shots as bad we want him to have them.

This is the stupidest take I've ever read.

It doesn't really matter. He definitely does and it doesn't matter. As a franchise, your resposnible for development and you put your guys in situation for them to develop. He's the best thing to happen to this franchise in 30 years. He works his *** off, I'm pretty sure he wants to be the man and do whatever it takes.

You really think if he came out and said I want to be shooting more than Melo and Rose and I'm not getting enough touches. that it would go well?

He's 21 playing with a bunch of guys who still view themselves as elite players. He's smart enough to know not to blow the situation up but I'm sure he would love to be the focal point of the offense.

I'd guarantee if he was given the chance to have the usage of Melo and Rose he would be the more efficient player of the three.

Last edited:
I don't think Rose will ever consistently initiate offense tbh. I see the Knicks using him somewhat like Cleveland uses Kyrie. The bulk of assist will come from Noah, Melo, and Jennings. The Rose and KP PnR definitely has to start happening though

Agreed.

This is the stupidest take I've ever read.

It doesn't really matter. He definitely does and it doesn't matter. As a franchise, your resposnible for development and you put your guys in situation for them to develop. He's the best thing to happen to this franchise in 30 years. He works his *** off, I'm pretty sure he wants to be the man and do whatever it takes.

You really think if he came out and said I want to be shooting more than Melo and Rose and I'm not getting enough touches. that it would go well?

He's 21 playing with a bunch of guys who still view themselves as elite players. He's smart enough to know not to blow the situation up but I'm sure he would love to be the focal point of the offense.

I'd guarantee if he was given the chance to have the usage of Melo and Rose he would be the more efficient player of the three.

Me saying KP doesn't care about taking 20 shots a game is a stupid take ? :lol:

Why can't you get it through your thick skull that Porzingis obviously doesn't care about jacking them up as much as u want him to ?

Dude just wants to win and has no problem with taking a step back for the betterment of the team.

Me and you both want him to be more aggressive. I just want him to take advantage of mismatches and call for the ball more especially when the offense is stagnant.

You just want him to put up 20 shots and score 25 while we tank for another pick.

The Knicks are not in your best interest at all dude all you want is KP to "maximize his development" and become a volume scorer at the expense of the team.

Take that ******** to the NBA thread with the rest of the Knicks haters nobody in here wants to see ANYBODY put up a ton of shots at the Knicks expense especially a second year player who's still developing

How Carmelo’s 4th-quarter backseat shows Knicks’ potential
By Fred Kerber October 30, 2016 | 11:01pm

There was a decided difference in the Knicks game Saturday compared to most of those in recent seasons — beyond the fact the Knicks won.

In the fourth quarter, the Knicks had options, not just Carmelo Anthony. Oh, when matters in the eventual 111-104 home-opening victory over Memphis got tight, Anthony delivered perhaps the biggest score of the game. After Memphis got within two, Anthony converted a three-point play with 7:34 left.

But that was one of only two official shots for Anthony in the fourth quarter. He took seven free throws, but two shots in the fourth quarter is different.

“It’s Game 2 of an 82-game season. The focus was on other guys,” said Anthony, stressing the efforts of Kristaps Porzingis and Derrick Rose. “When it came to me, it came to me. I wasn’t going to go out and try to force the issue because I didn’t have the touches that I normally get. Every game is going to be different.”

Anthony said he welcomes the added options. Sure beats the past, when a lot of times it was: option one, Anthony up top; option two, Anthony inside; option three, Anthony left, etc.

“You don’t see me complaining about it. You didn’t see me out there making a face. Something that I embrace. I look forward to just being out there with guys who can control the game and make plays, and when it’s my time, it’s my time,” said Anthony, who finished with 20 points on 15 shots, five below his average as a Knick. “We know that the ball doesn’t have to be in my hand every single time down the court for us to make things happen. There will come a time where that has to happen, but right now, we’re just trying to get comfortable with one another and play off of each other.”

Getting a feel for one another is a big early topic among the Knicks, and a lot was made of the few practices the team crammed in after the season-opening loss in Cleveland on Tuesday. Those sessions were credited after the win over Memphis.

“We looked like we knew what we were doing more often,” coach Jeff Hornacek said. “Because we were able to have a couple of practices with Derrick. We’ll continue to get better and better as the season goes on. It’s the familiarity that the guys have with each other, knowing when one guy is hot. They are veteran guys who I liked later on in the game. They wanted to go back to one play because they saw different options and different things that can happen. That’s where veteran guys come into play.”

Rose insisted those few practices really made a difference.

“I think so,” said Rose, who did not have a turnover in 32 minutes after committing four in the opener. “Every day that we have to actually get better, that’s what we try to do. We have a veteran team, we’ve got some young guys, but you’ve got some guys have been in playoff battles before and I feel like we’re built for this. Certain guys, we have a certain confidence level where it really doesn’t matter.”

Porzingis scored 21 points Saturday, his first 20-point effort this season. He had 14 such games as a rookie, getting his first in his 12th game. … Of the first 10 Knicks opponents, seven were in the playoffs last season. Throw out the Nets (a minus-40), and the opponents were a combined 86 games over .500. The only other team among the first 10 foes to have a losing record last season is Utah (two under), while Houston was a .500 team.

Or I want to see the Knicks actually have a young core of players that they drafted contend for the actual championship once in my life instead of having a squad always filled with guys who's best years are long gone.

Don't you guys ever look at the last 15 years and realize that the Knicks persistent 'win now' moves and approach is what has crippled this franchise?

Are you really a big enough loser where getting to the playoffs is enough?

I'd rather see Melo go somewhere like Boston where he could contend while we tank and get a bunch of draft picks to build like successful teams do. Getting two top 5 draft picks would be enough to jumpstart the core of this franchise with Porzingis so we could build a foundation like the T'Wolves, GS or OKC had.

But the Knicks approach always works I guess so I'm just cheer blindly.

Dog your all over the place is ridiculous. You over asking me if I'm a big enough loser because I don't think going to the playoffs are a bad thing but your begging for the tank :lol:

This is NEW YORK CITY YOU CANNOT DO THAT **** HERE

Over here talking about draft picks like them ***** equal championships.. Free agency along with trades get you to the top

If it was all about taking and drafting in the lottery OKC would be perennial champions right now it just doesn't happen that way anymore.

The Knicks are not the San Antonio spurs and nobody is for that matter those guys over there don't pick in the lottery They strike gold with first round picks and second rounders while still being a top 3 team every year. That's who you should model your franchise after not the ******* Philadelphia 76ers

Draft picks & young players give fans hope but the chance of drafting an average rotation player is much higher than landing a superstar.

We're in a unique situation with Porzingis. 90% of the time a top 5 pick isn't drafted to a team that already has an established star. I'd rather let KP start his career next to good NBA players than take 25 shots a game. If we're fortunate enough to make the playoffs that's another step in Porzingis' development. We probably won't make a Finals run but just playing in a playoff atmosphere is big for a 21 year old kid.

Yes, we're in win now mode but we didn't trade 1st rounders & go over the cap to put an average team on the court like years past. Porzingis will be fine. The Knicks will be fine.

Imagine if Lebron didn't go back to the Cavs? Kyrie Irving would not be the player he is right now. Him, Anthony Bennet, and Andrew Wiggins would be en route to absolutely nothing right now.

Only reason OKC didn't win was because they traded Harden :lol:

GS drafted Steph/Klay/Draymond/Harrison

"You can't build slowly here, people demand success"

I've noticed all those trades and free agent signings have lead the Knicks to being so successful. JErome James, Derrick Rose, Steve Francis, those amazing moves have led the Knicks to being real contenders the last fifteen years.

*Looks over at Minnesota*

Nope, they are drafting a bunch of guys in the lottery who are under 22 and can play together for the next decade. That's not the way you win championships at all despite the fact that unless you have LeBron James, that is exactly the way you build championships.

Your argument is worthless until the likes of Minnesota actually stays together and wins a championship. Then u could come back and talk **** to a of us real Knicks fans about how we ruined KP's development cause we didn't trade Melo and start to tank and draft two superstars to play with him. Until then cut the crying, I'll go out on a limb and say everyone in this thread is already sick of it.

Last edited:
What about Golden State?

They won a chip with a main core that they drafted. And you know when their success took off? When they got rid of their aging black hole Monta, and put the ball into their hands of their young star.

It wasn't immediate championships but it built his confidence becoming the focal point of a team.

And stop crying, you acting emotional when you post your **** opinions. Do better.

Last edited:
What about Golden State?

They won a chip with a main core that they drafted. And you know when their success took off? When they got rid of their aging black hole Monta, and put the ball into their hands of their young store.

It wasn't immediate championships but it built his confidence becoming the focal point of a team.

And stop crying, you acting emotional when you post your **** opinions. Do better.

How many years did Steph play with Monta ? GS didn't get rid of him immediately when they drafted Steph. The fact that your using the warriors as a point of emphasis shows how flawed your argument is. That's one example of one team that's draft picks all panned out and became superstars. Draymond Wasn't a lottery pick any team could of had him. 7/11/35 was there draft positions. NOBODY saw this coming. I know your in NYC just like myself if you have a problem with me we can take it to the PM's

Last edited:
But they didn't become superstars in vacuum.

Steph became a superstar when Monte left and he could really be a full-time PG.

Klay from the jump had a green light and could fire from the time he pretty much came in the league.

They were put into a system that helped them deal with the demands of what was going to be asked about him down the line.

I don't want KP to aimlessly jack shots but I want him to get comfortable with the demands of a superstar. I also want him to start building chemistry with guys who will be here in 5 years. Right now, there isn't a single player on the roster who he can play with down the line.

Getting into the playoffs does nothing. AD went to the playoffs that one season and how is his team doing now? You know why they are in such a bad position?

Cause they rushed. They traded for Asik/Holiday/Evans and tried just surrounding him with guys so they could "win now" instead of letting the team hit some early road bumps but get top picks who they could surround AD with for the next decade.

Last edited:
i kept seeing that posts were hidden from someone on my block list...i opened them up and instantly remembered why. please tell me this fool isn't on the fan list.

With this extra practice time we should be able to handle the Reggie Jackson-less Pistons I would think

Back
Top Bottom