Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Carmelo-Anthony-in-DVD-3967366_288850_ver1.0_320_240.jpg
Melo approves.

Jennings gotta stay off social media & worry about shooting over 30%.

How you gonna talk trash to someone better than you? :lol:

Phil Jackson Stalking
Knicks Practice With Triangle Tips

Knicks president Phil Jackson huddled with shooting guard Courtney Lee for 15 minutes after practice Monday, brandishing a clipboard and reviewing details of the triangle offense.

It appears the usage of Jackson’s triangle is starting to ramp up. As much as new coach Jeff Hornacek is speeding up the offense and adding new wrinkles, the triangle aspects are still prevalent in their halfcourt offense. It’s also noteworthy Jackson never huddled with an individual player during the Derek Fisher reign to diagram sets amid practice.

In the win over the Grizzlies in Saturday’s home opener, the triangle actually looked good because of the Knicks’ better ball movement. Hornacek conceded he’s added more stuff to the triangle reads now that point guard Derrick Rose, who missed 16 days of training camp while a defendant in a civil rape trial, has been back for 10 days.

After their uneven preseason and ugly season opener in Cleveland, the Knicks (1-1) get to test out the triangle in a big way in a three-games-in-four-nights stretch starting Tuesday in Detroit. The Knicks host the Rockets on Wednesday, then play Friday in Chicago as Rose and Joakim Noah return to their former stomping grounds.

[...]

Jackson will pop into coach’s meetings occasionally but doesn’t stay long, according to Hornacek, who had no familiarity coaching the triangle before being hired in May. He claims to appreciate the Zen Master sitting down with players such as Lee.

“He’ll occasionally talk to a guy,’’ Hornacek said. “I think talking to Courtney just to help reiterate where shots might come from. We don’t have all the reads in there. I thought today when we were doing the dummy offense of it — guys were doing some different things that created stuff.

“A lot of times when you’re in Courtney’s spot — when you have Melo, Derrick, when you have KP [Kristaps Porzingis], we may have to call small plays to get him shots. But if he just does what he did the other night, that’s what we need. They’re going to double those guys, he’s going to get open kick-outs. And the positioning within the triangle, where to be alert for a kick-out pass, is always helpful. I’m not sure exactly what Phil was talking about with him, but that’s what I would assume.’’

LINK: http://nypost.com/2016/10/31/phil-jackson-stalking-knicks-practice-with-triangle-tips/?ref=yfp

Finna be a tough game tonight , hopefully Noah can check Drummond a bit, because he's a nightmare defensively against anyone else on this team.

Maybe Plumlee is active for this game? Can use all the big bodies we can.

We also haven't had a break out game by any one player yet. Hopefully we'll see it tonight. :nerd:

Last edited:
^ I like what Hornacek said about Lee.

I thought he played his role perfectly the other night. 16 points & good defense? I'll take that every night.

Finna be a tough game tonight , hopefully Noah can check Drummond a bit, because he's a nightmare defensively against anyone else on this team.

Maybe Plumlee is active for this game? Can use all the big bodies we can.

We also haven't had a break out game by any one player yet. Hopefully we'll see it tonight. :nerd:

Nah we need the gawd Ron Baker the shot maker in uniform :pimp:

i'm gonna get blasted for this, but i think KP will always be a 1B and just doesn't have it in him to be a 1A. like Hank said, he lacks that killer instinct that Kobe, Russ, or even Melo have. there isn't much emotion in his game and he's never shown that tenacity. now that can be due to the cultural difference, maybe his respect for Melo, or maybe he just needs a bit more time to acclimate to the US game. as for NOW, i think he definitely has the ability to be the best player on the majority of the teams in the league, but lacks the mental capability at THIS point. on the flip side, you have KAT who is KILLING it and you can see it in his demeanor. he knows he's the best player on the team and is showing it. KP is in the same boat as Wiggins IMO. both have immense talent, but lack that fire. for all we know, phil feels the same way and brought in Noah to teach KP to play with more emotion.
NAME ONE PLAYER WHO CAME IN HIS ROOKIE YEAR HOT DOGGIN SHOW BOATING AND GETTING UP INI EVERYONES FACE YEAR 1... FOH

KP GOT HEART

NAME ONE PLAYER WHO CAME IN HIS ROOKIE YEAR HOT DOGGIN SHOW BOATING AND GETTING UP INI EVERYONES FACE YEAR 1... FOH

KP GOT HEART

its people like you that don't read well and go 0-100 for no reason. no one said anything about on court antics or show boating that you're describing. i said "kill instinct" like kobe or russ or even melo. they've all shown AGGRESSION since their rookie years, whereas KP is still very passive. in the aspect that i was referring too, there are many many players in addition to those three that have shown that fire to win from their first seasons.

Last edited:
That 3PT shot against Charlotte last year should've counted. KP most definitely has the clutch gene and relishes the opportunity when it presents itself. It just throughout the game where it seems he's a lil too passive.

our jersey is not even that bad especially if they made subtle changes... now those orange ones were trash and the maroon ones from back in the day :x

Back
Top Bottom