OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables had been “tipped off” -- that was the extent of his explanation -- that Auburn might run some Wing-T, and he hadn’t the slightest clue on how best to defend an offense rarely employed beyond the high school level. So, a day before the game, Venables sat down at his computer and did what we all might do in such situations.

“I literally Googled, ‘How to stop the wing-T,’” Venables admitted afterward.

casper90403 casper90403 It's not like UCLA could handle any of the pass rushes they saw last year either. Had Wilcox looking like Steve Spagnuolo.

Last edited:
Absolutely, that kid is a once every 5-10 year talent on the edge.

He should be the #1 pick in the draft without question to me.

depends on whether the Browns or Niners get the first pick. They need QB's. Would be stunned to see Watson not being the first pick if the Niners don't get it.

If the titans somehow get the #1, Jarrett is a lock

casper90403 casper90403 It's not like UCLA could handle any of the pass rushes they saw last year either. Had Wilcox looking like Steve Spagnuolo.

this is true. But yesterday was an eye opener for them. There are no freaks like that in the Pac-12 right now.

Kills me to see Wisconsin D play well yesterday with Wilcox running defense. SOB

Last edited:

McDermott is definitely an NFL player, a mammoth of a human being and Garrett still destroyed him.

Like I said, he also destroyed Cam Robinson who's going to be a top 10-15 pick most likely, just a special talent.

i can't even hate on Kiff. In fact, i think he could have done worst against us, but didn't get really carried away. Maybe that one long td pass from Barnett wasn't necessary, but there was so much time on the clock and he had to get that kid some run.

Thats one thing I've hated about USC. They never let Max throw the ball in blow out games. Plenty of opportunities the last two years but they refused.

nick-saban-doesnt-seem-too-pleased-with-lane-kiffin.gif

USC boards are a dumpster fire right now.

People are flooding Lynn Swann's email asking him to fire Helton. College fan bases are so entitled it's gross.

USC boards are a dumpster fire right now.

People are flooding Lynn Swann's email asking him to fire Helton. College fan bases are so entitled it's gross.
Honest question

With SC's talent level should they have gotten washed the way they did yesterday?

I can't really say I blame them. 

Another case of having a lot of skill guys but who are the guys in The trenches?

What guy in USC front 4 can dominate a game by himself and make it easier for everyone else? I didn't see that guy last night. I saw 2 of them on Bama's DL.

i don't want to hear all this talk about Helton. They made their bed and its time for them to lay in it. 90% of all Trojan fans are fools and pine for everything that program does. The program could do no wrong in their eyes.

I know who was fine with the hire. They won't be allowed to jump off that bandwagon now that proof occurred. We've become the "first gig" for many choices. You don't have to put in work to get gigs. Most coaches go to two small colleges as a head coach, than get that mediocre job. Then move up to a big job. USC? The place where we let you establish yourself as a start.

I chuckle at the misery we're going through. We deserve it. Eventually the fan base will come to reality.

I was expecting an L this game, but damn, that was embarrassing.

Adoree showed out. Juju getting shut down was surprising. Losing the LOS on both sides was not. Jabari Ruffin is an idiot for that stomp.

OL couldn't establish anything in pass or run, and WRs got zero separation anyway. Offensive staff seems lost on what they want to do.

Stanford game week 3 will tell a whole lot.

Last edited:
Honest question

With SC's talent level should they have gotten washed the way they did yesterday?

I can't really say I blame them. 

inexcusable. I would have been proud of a 10-14 point loss last night, seriously.

Our talent is just overrated. Thats all i can say. For 10 years, most programs, with the exception of maybe 3-4, would kill to have out recruiting classes. We've done nothing with them.

All you gotta do is look at what Stanford does, and what USC does. What's the missing link?

Another case of having a lot of skill guys but who are the guys in The trenches?

What guy in USC front 4 can dominate a game by himself and make it easier for everyone else? I didn't see that guy last night. I saw 2 of them on Bama's DL.

we don't have that guy in the trenches. Kenny Bigelow was supposed to be that guy, but he's out for the year. Raheem Greene is gonna be that guy, but he's a sophomore.

We have zero guys who will dominate in the trenches against SEC talent, especially against those NFL o-lines.

We're just soft. Been like that for a few years now.

I was expecting an L this game, but damn, that was embarrassing.

Adoree showed out. Juju getting shut down was surprising. Losing the LOS on both sides was not. Jabari Ruffin is an idiot for that stomp.

OL couldn't establish anything in pass or run, and WRs got zero separation anyway. Offensive staff seems lost on what they want to do.

Stanford game week 3 will tell a whole lot.

Adore showed me last night. Probably the best he played. But i haven't seen game tape, so perhaps USC put too much emphasis on Ridley.

Juju man. :smh: That was shocking. I'm hoping he doesn't have a year like Marqise Lee did his final one.

Too many chefs in the kitchen on the offensive staff. I love Tee Martin, but i was stunned when he got the OC job. Usually you go and be OC at like Kentucky, move onto Washington, then you land at USC because you've proven yourself. I hope he doesn't get too much criticism though. He's the only piece worth a damn on this coaching staff. Just a matter of time before someone throws stupid money at him in the SEC.

The OL man :smh: :smh: :smh: I don't get it. There's so much talent there. We can't snap the ball cleanly. A supposed all-american RT gets dominated. Maybe thats just the problem. They ain't as good as I think they are.

And you're right. That Stanford game is HUGE. Its going to determine the rest of the season. It will mean whether they win 7, or possibly up to 9.

USC's defense has guys who can play but no singularly dominant guys on the line - right now, at least.

Cam Smith is one of the best linebackers in the country. Porter Gustin - although Hurts had him on skates more than once - was in the backfield on most plays, he just didn't always get home.

But that USC o line last night. *pinches nose*

*** You can stop reading here ****

They were always going to lose that game, the goal was to be super competitive.

SC spotted them their first 4 TDs with stupid plays and short fields but even if you drop that 28 they still lose 24-6. They were supposed to lose, but to not score a single TD? To lose 52-6 when you had hem shutout on offense halfway through the 2nd? Chill.

The coaches and the o-line lost that game. Bama dominated the line of scrimmage with a 4-5 man rush and dropped 7 in coverage every play. Juju was doubled every single play. Max, Sam, Ronald, and Justin never had the time to do anything, it felt like Bama was on top of them before the plays even started.

The defense did their part but at some point give Kiffin enough short fields and he's going to break you. The defensive players talked about how demoralizing it was watching 3 and out after 3 and out.

Helton, Tee Martin, and Neil Callaway have a week to figure it out because 6 points won't beat Utah State.

Last edited:
with no Td's last night, I'm not even concerned about Max. I saw enough to know he's going to be a good QB. He'll feast on many. Just need some help from the OL. And surprisingly, he can move a little for his size.

Agreed, which is why my stance before the game was that SC had no chance because of their OL.  But 46 points to a team breaking in a TR FR at QB?  SC looked like a MWC team out there at times against Bama. 

I expected them to get washed, but not by 46.  SC's going to be lucky to make it to a bowl with the way they played last night. 

Why y'all still talking about this? :lol:

Overreaction after one game.

USC got their *** kicked by one of the best, if not the best, team in college football. It happens :lol:

It could have just been that Zona OL but I like what I saw out of that BYU front 7 despite the scheme change and postilion switches.  Langi's got some real upside as a pass rusher, and Kafusi at least understands how to use his length with is a good start for someone so raw.  I could see them giving MSU's OL some real problems in a month. 

It was to be expected but Taysom didn't seem to have the same juice as a runner last night 
frown.gif

About to see how good Notre Dame can be this season. Hate the QB rotation though...

And if Texas gets the win they may give Strong the lifetime contract right after the game 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom