OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ehhhhhh...

As far as the "I don't agree with Kaepernick" responses, Dabo's might be the closest to reasonable so far. It's naive -- "Hold a press conference" -- and Idisagree with him, but at least it's better than Dilfer's dumb **** and the NFL exec's giving the idiotic anonymous "**** that guy!" "he's the most hated player since rae carruth!" answers.

Last edited:

Ehhhhhh...

As far as the "I don't agree with Kaepernick" responses, Dabo's might be the closest to reasonable so far. It's naive -- "Hold a press conference" -- and Idisagree with him, but at least it's better than Dilfer's dumb **** and the NFL exec's giving the idiotic anonymous "**** that guy!" "he's the most hated player since rae carruth!" answers.
It's still stupid. Add to that all the MLK stuff which is funny because it's the go to when trying to talk about non-violent protest, which ironically is EXACTLY what Kap is doing by the way along with the we got a black president and interracial relationships bit. He's just another aloof guy who has no idea what the deal is outside of trying to get these guys to play ball for him. This whole trying to dictate what an what is acceptable no matter how tame or outrageous will always rub me the wrong way. Just reeks of privilege and lack of actually trying to understand the issue. 

Last edited:
Dumbo Sweeney is an idiot. Fool thinks dancing like an idiot gives him insight on social issues. People invoking MLK in this type of situation are idiots because MLK promoted nonviolent protest but protest none the less. MLK was accused of being a race agitator and communist when pointing out how America often doesn't live up to its promise. People conveniently forget that part of the equation. Kaep isn't advocating violence he is doing exactly what MLK would promote.

Last edited:
Oh, I definitely think what he said was naive, uneducated, and the product of extreme privilege. He clearly isn't up on anything MLK, besides what his pastor has led him to believe in church.

I'm just saying, compared to what every other coach/exec who has disagreed with Kaep has said - including Harbaugh - Dabo still comes out looking like the most reasoned in thought compared to the exec who said "Kaepernick has no respect for the flag or this country, **** that guy!"

I know, I know, tallest mental ******... I guess I don't really have a point.

Last edited:
Some of these coaches are better off not saying anything. They can't relate to the issues many of their players face and they don't care about their issues. They see their players like pieces on a chessboard. These fools act like football is above people senselessly dying at the hands of the police.

Some of these coaches are better off not saying anything. They can't relate to the issues many of their players face and they don't care about their issues. They see their players like pieces on a chessboard. These fools act like football is above people senselessly dying at the hands of the police.
this .

So is a "no comment" response the absolute correct response? Or is it possible for a coach to give a good response that won't come off as offensive or insensitive?

I for one hope these coaches (and other athletes, entertainers) etc keep offering their comments.

I like to know how they truly feel, whether I agree w/ it or not. Let's you get insight into who they really are vs the persona they may put on.

Last edited:
You don't dictate to the opressed how to protest. Dabo a joke. Add him to the list wit Harbaugh

Yup, these guys going to continue to expose themselves.

Ignorant to the plight of the young men they make millions of dollars off of while they get an "education" and shot at a professional career.

Not surprising that guys that believe in and benefit from the corrupt NCAA wouldn't understand empathy on far reaching racial and socio economic issues.

So is a "no comment" response the absolute correct response? Or is it possible for a coach to give a good response that won't come off as offensive or insensitive?

The only good response is respecting the plight of black Americans and not offering your opinion on how people that are oppressed should protest.

Especially when your job doesn't exist without these same 18-23 year old black men who are the ones most affected by the issues being protested.

They only care what they think come Signing Day though.

I think it is important to truly educate yourself before making statements about issues that you personally have never experienced. Most of the comments from these coaches reek of ignorance and come off as condescending and tone deaf. These people are acting like Kaep is protesting for more playing time, for a bigger signing bonus or for some other selfish reason. Kaep is protesting about a real issue in this country that is literally an issue of life or death. I respect what Gary Pinkel did last year when his players were protesting injustice. Before making comments or taking action against those players he educated himself about the issues then responded accordingly. Don't start spouting off nonsense about MLK and the method of protest when I doubt you would roll with MLK if he were alive today.

Bringing up MLK just makes it look even crazier because nobody was more of a bigger supporter of using non violent protests and using celebrity platform to bring awareness to civil issues.

He rolling over in his grave being mentioned by ignorant products of white privledge.

Dabo Swinney speech :wow:

I for one hope these coaches (and other athletes, entertainers) etc keep offering their comments.

I like to know how they truly feel, whether I agree w/ it or know. Let's you get insight into who they really are vs the persona they may put on.

^

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom