Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lomachenko is now in a can't win situation vs rigondeaux because of the weight. It'll be "rigondeaux was too small" when lomachenko beats him. I've said it before that I thought lomachenko would've beaten him at 124 or 126. I don't think it'll even be close at 130. Lomachenko asked for the fight 2 years ago and rigondeaux ducked it claiming it was about the weight. Now he's allegedly willing to go up to 130 now that lomachenko is a name lol. Also, I think rigondeaux is one of the best small guys EVER, I just call a spade a spade.

Don't disagree at all on a lot of those points but I feel like it's a stronger fight than what we saw against Marriaga where you can make similar comparisons.

At least the talent level is higher.

Would be nice to see him against the other SFW champs but I know that's easier said than done and it's not all on him.

Speaking of the lighter guys, Mares is out against LSC right?

What is Frampton up to? Hasn't fought since Jan.

Frampton is looking to leave his promoter and his last fight got cancelled. Speaking of frampton and LSC, I just remembered a build I had with one of my boxing homies around a year ago about the rigondeaux and lomachenko fight that never happened. I'll find it in my text history to copy and paste here.

It's been rumored for a while that Frampton is thinking about going back to Hearn.

Not sure what that means about his relationship with Al. Eddies going to be wanting to call the shots.

I got Crawford winning.... but I'd put money on Mikey. (Depending on the over/under ofcourse)

But I'm sure Mikey would be a big underdog so I'd put money on him.

Hey anything can happen especially in combat sports. But it would take a freak accident.

Man.. If Loma vs. Rigo is actually going down in December it would be icing on the cake for one of the best years of boxing in terms of match ups.

I think a lot of people are prisoners of the moment. Crawford is no doubt a top tier fighter but there is no way he is going to walk through the 147 division. in all of his previous fights he is clearly the bigger stronger faster man. once he moves up to 147 he loses those advantages. His career best win was against a severely undersized Gamboa. Thurman Spence and Porter are just too big and strong and rugged for Crawford. all 3 of those guys re hydrate to super middle. We are not even sure his power is going to carry to 147. prime example is Danny Garcia. He was ko ing people 140 now at 147 he is not hurting anyone.

Does anyone know if there's ever been anyone that started boxing at a later age than Adonis Stevenson did and became a champ? Think he's the latest I know if at 24 after getting out of prison for pimping. Other late starts I can think of are Hasim Rahman and Sergio Martinez at 20, Deontay Wilder at 19 and Anthony Joshua at 18

Does anyone know if there's ever been anyone that started boxing at a later age than Adonis Stevenson did and became a champ? Think he's the latest I know if at 24 after getting out of prison for pimping. Other late starts I can think of are Hasim Rahman and Sergio Martinez at 20, Deontay Wilder at 19 and Anthony Joshua at 18

I'm pretty sure Stevenson started boxing earlier than that. There's amateur clips of him on YouTube. I know Spence started relatively late, I want to say he started at 17 if I'm not mistaken.

I can't believe I used to root for Oscar when I was growing up (except for the Pernell Whitaker fight).

Back
Top Bottom