Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

i rather we hire mark jackson than bring fitz here... but i think bud would be great here... dont know why we didnt hit up atlanta to at least interview him

Da4LVFdXcAA1ZUf.jpg

Playoffs his first year there then fired prematurely after a losing streak while Mike Conley was out.

In Miami he had Bosh shooting 3's before it was the norm & he even turned Marc Gasol into a deep threat. I'd be excited if we hired him.
Lol for What? Kp already shoots plenty of threes.

Because kidd is overrated as a coach.

We need a developmental coach and they haven’t looked into one yet.
How can you possibly say those 2 sentences together?

Kidd's development history in Milwaukee blows any NBA coaching candidates out of the water outside Budhenolzer. People are bugging with Kidd. I dont know he's being so slept on. Maybe all his arrogant ******* type **** is finally catching up to him, but he is one of the very few guys on the market who has it in him to be an upper echelon NBA head coach IMO.

He knows the game better than anybody, always has. He's a winner, always has been. And he develops talent. Idc how big of an ******* Kidd might be to the front office, he's the kind of ex-PG coach I would love to have working with Frank and it couldn't hurt to have the guy who helped Giannis make the leap into superstar status working with KP either.

I kind of like the idea of having a coach with some edge in NYC also. At least Kidd is real about it, unlike "Preacher Man" Mark Jackson not practicing what he preaches.

And if we're talking about overrated coaches it's:
1. David "I have't done **** but I'm friends with Lebron so I'm a top coaching candidate" Fizdale
2. Mak Jackson
3. Everybody else

I think Horny did the right thing regarding Frank for the most part. In the beginning of the season the FO was looking to get wins. Considering he's 19 new to all this that would be a lot to put on his shoulders where his game is atm. After the as break he brought him in more while allowing Frank to get more and more comfortable. His development this season has been to not immediately give up his dribble to a center when he crosses half court :lol: I'm not sure who the next coach should be but whoever it is will need to be here for a while to make difference. You can't say be patient with players development but expect a coach to win games now.

Kidd hasn’t gotten the best out of the bucks. The fact that Giannis liked him means nothing when the team topped out early and didn’t improve more than they did. He should have gotten more out of that talent pool than he did honestly. He’s an overrated coach.

None of the coaches on this list are anything worthwhile for a young core.

Kidd hasn’t gotten the best out of the bucks. The fact that Giannis liked him means nothing when the team topped out early and didn’t improve more than they did. He should have gotten more out of that talent pool than he did honestly. He’s an overrated coach.

None of the coaches on this list are anything worthwhile for a young core.
Giannis was playing MVP-caliber. When Kidd got there Giannis was basically a rich man's Frank right now. It has nothing to do with Giannis liking him I never mentioned that, it has to do with how much better Giannis got under Kidd's guidance and how amazing he was playing this season.

And the Bucks roster really isn't **** besides Giannis. Khris Middleton and Malcolm Brogdon are both ex-2nd round picks who Kidd also helped grow into extremely good role players, but they are not suitable 2nd/3rd options for an elite team. And while Giannis is elite, he is still extremely young and shouldn't be expected to carry his team to a top 4 spot in the East by himself just yet.

They were playing out of their minds to start the season and then fell back down to reality a little bit like a lot of young teams do, but they were still one of the better teams in the East and Kidd didn't have Jabari at all and he had Bledsoe for about a minute. All things considered, Kidd was doing a very good job this season and was fired by John Hammond because they always had a bad relationship and Kidd is notoriously tough to work with.

Kidd also brought the Bucks from 15 wins to 41 in his first season. I really don't know how much more you could ask for from Kidd as the coach of the Bucks in terms of both development or team success unless you have a crazy notion that the Bucks should be a title contender.

Even though without Kidd they are likely to lose in the first round of the playoffs to the Celtics, who are missing Kyrie and Hayward, with a healthy Jabari and Bledsoe on the roster. So if Kidd was holding them back it clearly hasn't shown since he left.

The way I see it Kidd isn't overrated at all, he's actually extremely underrated since nobody seems to want to give him any credit for some reason.

I'm still trying to figure out how in the hell JVG and Mike Woodson's name are in this mix? :lol:

"I probably wouldn't like my game as a coach," said Stackhouse, a deadly midrange shooter in his heyday. "Midrange 2s - I tell guys, all right if it's against the shot clock and the guy runs you off and you got to take a one-dribble pull-up, OK, do it.

"But otherwise, let's try to get into the paint and find another trigger and find something else on the weakside. Or just sidestep him and take the 3."

https://t.co/EJMnypMurc

Give me Stackhouse

Back
Top Bottom