Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

47 mins ago – via Twitter
Adrian Wojnarowski: As the New York Knicks discuss possible trade scenarios, exiled center Joakim Noah won’t be required to return to the team prior to the Feb. 8 trade deadline league sources tell ESPN. Noah was sent away after a practice confrontation with Jeff Hornacek on Jan. 24.

-If we agreed to a buyout with Noah cause idk how we can trade him, nor should we stretch the contract.... How would our cap look like this summer if we bought him out?

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 12.11.27 AM.png
ny: scoring guard 19yrs old. we add another shooter. can develop with our young core, great potential alongside frank (scoring/defensive guard tandem) + shump coming off the books for summer 2019 (a pick would be cool in the deal too)

cha: cap relief/getting rid of bad contracts. vaughn & willy young inexpensive pieces

bucks: get shooting/playoff experience they desperately need & jack gives some PG depth

cavs: marvin williams fills KLove role while he's hurt + MKG & delly bring energy/DEFENSE they're missing. Lee an ideal fit 3&D guard for them

Last edited:
Knicks gonna give up their first rounder to move Noah.

We just gotta hold the L and let it expire, a buyout would be great if i'm understanding it correctly. Buying Noah out wipes his salary off our cap and we'd be around $76-78M in
cap space? With a trade to shed another contract, that could be close to two max I believe.

Got a strong feeling Knicks about to **** something up at the trade deadline. Seems like they’ve been too quiet this season. Always some kind of drama. :smh:

It's funny how the things work out sometimes, just looking back on how the team wanted Monroe and now he was just bought out. Hopefully we stand committed to a youth movement and trade some of these vets. I know why the team kept horny on but I wished they would have just stared clean when they got rid of Phil and Melo cause you can tell the players don't play hard for him on a consistent basis.

I haven't missed this many Knicks games in a season since like 05, the real dark years. This team is ****in trash. Our coach is trash. We gotta couple good players.

The contracts we gave Ron ****in Baker, Noah and Tim still blow my mind.

Baker is trash and he's a D league player but we give him a ****in NTC?

Noah is old and done, we ****** up. He's beyond his prime.

Tim is nowhere near the player he's getting paid. He has his hot streaks but that's money we could have used for the future.

I really hate this ****in team, whenever I put on the game I ask myself why in the **** do I watch this ****?

I haven't missed this many Knicks games in a season since like 05, the real dark years. This team is ****in trash. Our coach is trash. We gotta couple good players.

Noah is old and done, we ****ed up. He's beyond his prime.

Tim is nowhere near the player he's getting paid. He has his hot streaks but that's money we could have used for the future.

I really hate this ****in team, whenever I put on the game I ask myself why in the **** do I watch this ****?
Not really any hot takes there but you're crazy if you don't think Tim hasn't played up to that contract

Tim needs to start showing up in games we need him to show up in.

You ain't lying though, the coach is definitely trash.

Without a doubt he hasn't looked like an 80 million dollar ball player. Look at his last five ****in games, what the **** has he done? He's real hot and cold when it comes to scoring. He doesn't rebound, doesn't play defense.

So 80 million for a streaky scorer? We've probably lost more games with him in the lineup than without him.

Where would we be today if we didn't sign him? In the same ****in place we're in right now, maybe even a better record. How in the **** is he worth it? That's a dumb *** contract and a dumb *** move. You could spend that on a better player next year or the year after.

it's really difficult to be this bad. we got pieces and knicks still garbage?

starting to think hornacek is tanking on purpose on the sly with approval from upper management, but prob not huh

Without a doubt he hasn't looked like an 80 million dollar ball player. Look at his last five ****in games, what the **** has he done? He's real hot and cold when it comes to scoring. He doesn't rebound, doesn't play defense.

So 80 million for a streaky scorer? We've probably lost more games with him in the lineup than without him.

Where would we be today if we didn't sign him? In the same ****in place we're in right now, maybe even a better record. How in the **** is he worth it? That's a dumb *** contract and a dumb *** move. You could spend that on a better player next year or the year after.
17/4/2 on 44% and 40% from deep in January

He a streak shooter for sure but not sure how you can make a solid assessment when you ain't even watching the games

it's really difficult to be this bad. we got pieces and knicks still garbage?

starting to think hornacek is tanking on purpose on the sly with approval from upper management, but prob not huh
Nah he's just that bad :lol:

I think you're giving the players too much credit though
We're still overachieving compared to where we were supposed to be at this point in the season

Noah is old and done, we ****ed up. He's beyond his prime.

When Timmy is loose on the offensive end he seems more comfortable. Horny has him running off screens and such.. I think he needs the ball in his hands to be effective.. maybe some.pick and roll with KP can help him get better shots.. I think his contract is good for the market especially since the 2 guard spot has less talent than the PG position...

I don't even watch that many knick games but I try to watch when I can, this team just don't have any body at 2 positions(the 1 and 3 ) which is more deep than any other position...we should wait for the 2019 season throw the house at Kwahi and klay thompson and see what happens

Bulls just got a 2018 FRP with almost no protection for Asik whose contract is no where near as bad as Noahs. We gotta ride the L out.

I've seen enough of Tim, I know his game and so does the NBA. No one was offering him more than 50 mil and that's why we get laughed at.

You could have took that 80 and threw it at a better player. ****, you probably could have got Klay for 80-100 but no, we got ****in Tim Hardaway Jr to come in and set the Garden on fire.

I've seen enough of Tim, I know his game and so does the NBA. No one was offering him more than 50 mil and that's why we get laughed at.

You could have took that 80 and threw it at a better player. ****, you probably could have got Klay for 80-100 but no, we got ****in Tim Hardaway Jr to come in and set the Garden on fire.
Getting Klay for 80mil :rofl:

You sound like you just having a bad day man

Take it easy :lol:

Just for reference Wiggins got 146 mill, and to be honest he might not even be worth the 80 we gave THjr with that motor of his so as much as people may not like the deal that position pays a premium and it has a limited pool of players with actual talent.

I thought we overpaid Tim initially but he's been playing up to his contract in this market.

His weaknesses would be magnified if we actually had a legit team and other talented players to compare him to but on this rebuilding squad, he's holding his own.

Back
Top Bottom