Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Looking at KP's rebounding numbers in a vacuum isn't a good way to judge the stat. It's lower than it should be because he's playing away from the basket and he's next to Kanter imo. I mean he should be starting at C anyways, but that's a story for another day...

Looking at KP's rebounding numbers in a vacuum isn't a good way to judge the stat. It's lower than it should be because he's playing away from the basket and he's next to Kanter imo. I mean he should be starting at C anyways, but that's a story for another day...
except when we look at how the team gets outrebounded in the fourth when Kanter isn't getting minutes it does create a problem with teams getting second chance points, but like you said he probably should be playing center which I agree with.

i understand your point, but how are there guys like Lonzo Ball, Sabonis, Markannen, Russ, etc. averaging more rebounds than a 7'3 big man. you can't tell me that Lonzo and Russ play closer to the basket than KP. regardless if Russ is stat chasing, he's putting in the effort. i don't see KP really boxing out or trying to rebound. old AF Zach Randolph is averaging more rebounds than him.

It’s cool that KP got the nod, but I don’t think he deserves it TBH
Deserve? Getting on the AS team is a popularity contest.

I swear weren't there some seasons players were injured most of the season but still got voted on the team? :lol:

Last edited:
We're realistically not getting Paul George or any marquee FA. Doubt we'll draft anyone outside a bench player in the 11-15 range unless we luck out too.

These are the guys we're gonna have to pay. Look at other 2 way wings such as Covington, Middleton, KCP, Tobias etc.

Deserve? Getting on the AS team is a popularity contest.

I swear weren't there some seasons players were injured most of the season bit still got voted on the team? :lol:

I thought the fan vote percentage was less this year, and the media had a heavier hand in the reserves selection.

These are the best guys drafted in the 10-15 range for past 10 years. Definitely possible to get an all star caliber player with the right scouting.

2007: Thaddeus Young (12)
2008: Brook Lopez (10)
2009: Brandon Jennings (10)
2010: Paul George (10)
2011: Klay Thompson (11), Markieff Morris (13), Kawhi Leonard (15)
2012: John Henson (14), Mo Harkless (15)
2013: CJ McCollum (10), Giannis (15)
2014: Dario Saric (12), Zach Lavine (13), TJ Warren (14)
2015: Myles Turner (11), Trey Lyles (12), Devin Booker (13), Kelly Oubre (15)
2016: Sabonis (11)
2017: Mitchell (13)

I'm cool with any of these 11 guys.

Zwicker is right when he says it's shaky after these guys. Guys like Robert Williams, Trevon Duval, Kevin Knox, Wendell Carter, Hami Diallo, etc. all have more risk.

I'm cool with any of these 11 guys.

Zwicker is right when he says it's shaky after these guys. Guys like Robert Williams, Trevon Duval, Kevin Knox, Wendell Carter, Hami Diallo, etc. all have more risk.

Perry better get these vets out of here to secure our draft position.

Back
Top Bottom