Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Just cut Sessions. Really wont care if we dont make any moves, curious to see how this team looks like with Timmy again.

I wonder what they want in a "wing upgrade". Between Lee and Dougie, are wings aren't that bad. Are they looking for a back up SG? If so, get Clarkson on this team.

They’d have to play him at the 2 though right?

Can’t disrupt Jacks or Franks minutes for the sake of this guy
Yes we can.

Cut Jack ASAP.

:lol: @ "disrupt Jacks .... minutes."

As far as I'm concerned, this team aint going to the playoffs and shouldn't so the rest of this season is all about KP becoming a better leader on and off the court and Frank progressing.

Frank needs to be starting every game after the asb.

But with that said I wouldn't mind Burke playing at the 2. We can get rid of Lee as well.

Yes we can.

Cut Jack ASAP.

:lol: @ "disrupt Jacks .... minutes."

As far as I'm concerned, this team aint going to the playoffs and shouldn't so the rest of this season is all about KP becoming a better leader on and off the court and Frank progressing.

Frank needs to be starting every game after the asb.

But with that said I wouldn't mind Burke playing at the 2. We can get rid of Lee as well.
Jack ain't getting cut or losing that starting spot anytime soon though

is burke even good or just playing inferior competition? remember nate got mvp of the summer league so my expectations are low very low

is burke even good or just playing inferior competition? remember nate got mvp of the summer league so my expectations are low very low
Prime Nate would be exactly what this team needs off the bench so idk what you are talking about. Dude was one of the best bench players in the NBA on the Knicks, pretty much single handedly won a playoff series for the Bulls after he replaced Rose as the starting PG in 2013, signed with Denver and then basically lost what made him special after he tore his ACL... Also the greatest player in Summer League history. Can't let you disrespect my guy like that. :smh::lol:

I've watched a couple of Westchester games. Trey Burke isn't Jimmer. Obviously the level of play helps him out, but dude has a legit skillset that can translate to the NBA and help this team. His biggest weakness is his size, but dude has legit quickness that will still help get by NBA defenders. Jimmer couldn't take NBA defenders off the dribble for **** and didn't have PG court vision either. His skillset is meant for dropping buckets against inferior competition but it doesn't translate at all to playing NBA defenders and his athletic limitations made him a huge defensive liability as well.

Trey is a scoring PG with a great outside shot, but more importantly the Knicks need a PG off the bench who can get inside the paint and break down defenses a bit and Trey can do that. He also looks for the pass more than his shot once he gets inside the paint. He has decent vision and is pretty good from what I've seen at keeping his handle alive until he finds the right pass to make.

The Knicks don't really have a player who can do that. Ron Baker is basically useless out there and Sessions is considered to be our "penetrating" PG but dude couldn't even break down Raymond Felton in the season opener so I have no ******* clue what he is still doing on this team.

Trey's defense has been his biggest weakness thus far in his career, but from what I have watched his defensive woes seem to be a little overstated. His size hurts him on defense obviously, but he's out in the G-League really working on defense and using his speed/quickness to be aggressive and stick with his defender on the perimeter. I'd imagine he will still be aggressive in the NBA on defense considering he was a lotto pick just a few years ago and found himself out of the NBA after 3 years primarily because of his defense so I am sure he will be looking to prove the doubters wrong and keep his spot alive in the NBA.

He won't be a lockdown defender but I think his quickness/aggressiveness will help him be serviceable compared to somebody like Sessions who doesn't have those qualities. Sort of in a similar boat to Beasley in that he has the natural tools to be at least a decent defender and looking to prove himself on that end because both of their careers haven't gone as planned up to this point primarily due to defensive criticism, and Beas has been more than serviceable on that end this season so I would expect similar results from Trey.

But Trey is still young and looks to have matured more into his game a little more than in the past, which make sense considering his age. But I'm sure the demotion into the G-League has obviously played a factor as well and made him really go to work which has shown in his game thus far.

If you take a look at the 2013 Draft, which was basically considered to be Giannis/Gobert/CJ and a bunch of role players/bums up until this point, a bunch of guys have really started to come out of their shells this season as they enter their prime. Oladipo obviously, Otto Porter, Timmy, KCP, Adams, Schroder, even Shane ******* Larkin. Actually shaping out to be a not so terrible draft class this season after being considered to be one of the worst in history up until this point.

I mean, If anyone is expecting Burke to come in and recreate Linsanity that is obviously totally unrealistic expectations. But I definitely don't think it is unrealistic to think that he can come in, as a former top 10 pick coming into his prime years with an improved overall game/motivation, and become a very serviceable spark plug off the bench who can help run the offense and get buckets, which is exactly the kind of player we should be looking for off the bench behind Frank and Jack for now.

I definitely think it's a no brainer to call him up and see what he has to offer. ****, if Shane ******* Larkin can become a serviceable role player after being dumped by both the Knicks and Nets, I don't see why Burke wouldn't be able to. Former top 10 picks definitely deserve more of a chance than Burke has been given thus far in the NBA. He hasn't played bad enough in his first 3 years to warrant never getting a shot to play in the League again, especially considering that he put his pride aside to play in the G-League, work hard, and producing cant-miss results.

He is the G-League MVP right now, leading the Dub-Knicks to the best record while putting up some crazy numbers, so take that as you will. I will say, watching some of their games, I am pretty confident that Ron Baker would be the 4th or 5th best player on that team. Dude is basically Vujacic part 2 out there with a worse jumpshot but better defense. There's no way he puts up production anywhere close to Trey and I honestly like Rathan-Mayes' overall game more as well.

XRM has similar size to Ron compared to Trey at 6'4 and has a nice overall game with current averages of 15/7/6/2, and he is also a much better ball handler at the point than Ron. I am pretty sure Ron wouldn't match that production in the G-League either in a similar role. Knicks are a ******* joke for giving an undrafted free agent that kind of deal after a rookie season where he wasn't that good and only got extended PT in garbage time of the season.

I know some Knicks fans like Ron and his grit, and the organization obviously loves him, but talent wise he just doesn't have what it takes and is nowhere near Burke's level. I say that with complete confidence. I don't think it's unrealistic at all to expect Burke to learn from his past mistakes and carve out a role in the NBA team moving forward.

Lesser players than him have come back from similar spots. Remember that even THJR spent time in the D-League before emerging for ATL and getting a $72 million contract with the Knicks.

Last edited:
Would you guys be opposed to trading the Bulls pick back to them for Mirotic?
Would rather use picks to get Clarkson

Plus we'd basically be renting him

He ain't gonna be cheap this summer the way he's playing and he's not someone I;d wanna commit to either

Actually yea nvm for some reason I thought he was locked in for 3 years on a much friendlier contract.

Mirotic belongs on an older team IMO. Could be a nice piece for a contender but I don't want to build around him.

How do you guys feel about our chances landing PG? I never thought about it till the other day.
He'd be a great fit in the wing beside KP & THJR but we'd def have to shed some cap

Kanter
KP
PG
THJR
Frank

PG ain't old or washed enough to sign with the Knicks but if he did where would the money come from?

PG ain't old or washed enough to sign with the Knicks but if he did where would the money come from?

Kanter opts out
Baker opts out
Renounce the rights to McDermott
Trade O'Quinn

It'd depend on Baker & Kanter declining their options but there's ways to make room

Back
Top Bottom