Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

IMG_7698.GIF

Managed to get a 720 p video only. Tried to make the gif size larger but heavy blurry. The 1080 p video would be much better

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Meh KP is definitely turning into a diva. No 22 year old is out there missing exit interviews and hinting at "if **** don't change imma leave". Yes you're good, but you're not that good.

If the whole point was to drive Phil out then that I'm cool with. Because clearly he saw the dysfunction.

I won't blame his brother for having such a major impact on his decisions because so far he's been doing a great job with KPs development and transition.
Look at the situation KP is in though compared to other young stars across the league. He is the only one with reason to do any **** like that and he has the leverage to do so. KP clearly loves NY and the idea of being the star of the Knicks, that has been clear since day 1, but he also doesnt want to be a loser his whole career and have the Knicks **** everything up and scapegoat him like they did with Melo. Veil threats like these are all he has, and I can't blame him given that after the Knicks fired Phil, all they really did was promote Steve Mills and expect the issue to be swept under the rug.

I dont remember anyone calling Boogie a "diva" when he was openly sending snake in the grass tweets about his head coach at a similar age. With Boogie, it was just all a part of what made him so likable and everyone had the "cant really blame him" approach given that he played for Sacramento, who has been in a 3 team race with Brooklyn and the Knicks for worst run franchise in the NBA over the past 4 years.

KP technically is "that good" considering that the thought of potentially losing him in a couple of years has the entire city collectively lose their minds and dominates the back pages for 2 days in a row. He is showing he is "that good" right now and felt he had to make a statement after last season because Phil and his triangle ******** and Derrick Rose being his PG hindered what should have been a major year 2 progression for him.

Kid knows the leverage that he has and I can't blame him for using it. I would bet that Towns or Giannis or Jokic or any other young face of the franchise would do the same if they were in a similar position and actually cared about the state of the franchise and wanted to remain long-term. Because that's the other thing, doing something like this shows that KP actually gives a **** about the Knicks. Kind of similar to the fans who care enough to Boo when their team sucks vs the fans who just say "**** it" and leave.

I for one do not want to sniff the playoffs this year. The draft has been good to us these last few years. Ideally we're one young stud ( II ) from having a bright future.

And this may be a hot take, but McDermott looks like a keeper.

What about when you said KP wasn’t ready to be first option and THJ would average more points?

I think you just have poor player evaluation skills.

That’s probably why I don’t work for an NBA organization, but neither do you so...at least I can admit when I’m wrong. You know, it’s called maturity. NBD twitter fingers :wink:

That’s probably why I don’t work for an NBA organization, but neither do you so...at least I can admit when I’m wrong. You know, it’s called maturity. NBD twitter fingers :wink:
If you didn’t admit you were wrong about that, you would be insane. I do respect it though if that’s what you’re saying.

I can and have done the same.

This seasons proving me right about a lot of things though.

He needs to abandon the label of being a streaky player for that to happen.

We dont need the black Kyle Korver/JJ Redick.

Back
Top Bottom