OFFICIAL 2016 RIO SUMMER OLYMPICS THREAD (Rio is a wrap; See you in Tokyo in 2020 (or, more likely,i

Not ready to say goodbye to [emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]127946[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji] &[emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]9889[/emoji]️

We are all witnesses :pimp:

Same bro. I was just saying the olympic counsel has to be sick af. Summer olympics is basically just mens swimming and track and field and the 2 biggest stars and draws of the last 15 years are walking. Its like kobe and bron both saying bye on the same day. Well never see another bolt and phelps. Sheer dominance in the water and then the charisma and speed of Bolt. I mean his ****** name is Bolt for goodness sake.

I hope yall have appreciated what youve seen these past few years. Olympics is gonna be all new faces it feels like next term. I swear we're gonna miss the monster winners in the future. Dudes gonna be 1 and done til that next halleys comet comes around.

Japan winning the 4x100 silver medal without having a world class sprinter...respect :pimp:  

I'm amazed that they won the silver. The scary part about them is that they are pretty young

Next Olympics will be in Japan

Perfect timing for young Japanese sprinters to enter their prime in 2020

That japanese squad def earned my respect. I didnt expect anything major out of them. I figured silver would be canada with bolts boy trey burke lol. Japan was def the sleeper. I dig that.

Dawg i love the olympics so much. The hearts of champions on full display for the world to see. So clutch.

Oh..and i love me some alyson felix. She fast as all hell too. Her speeds gains are insane.

Their anchor tho...that mocha sista...lawd...that chocolate complexion...i like her.

That japanese squad def earned my respect.

Oh..and i love me some alyson felix. She fast as all hell too. Her speeds gains are insane.

Yeah Japan gonna be a favorite in Tokyo if those same 4 can repeat this effort. Only thing i didnt like were thos fruity as unis they had .. hot pink combined with the super short shorts

Just imagine if Felix's ankle was 100% .. you could tell in her longer races semis and finals she has a lil limp in her run

Before I go to sleep, I made this gif as a tribute to Usain's greatness

giphy.gif

Watching this triathalon. American Gwen Jorgensen is the favorite. She won 12 straight competitions before.

This triathelon is lit. Gwen has the juice. Spirit about that life too though. Im sure she wants this. Gwen just blacked out though and is cooking by like 100 feet

How do these women with the 1 piece swimsuits avoid the thigh rub?? That yamb gap?

I was thinking they probably have some sort of padding or cushion. It can't be too confortable running in that one piece that gives you a wedgie.

It was pretty funny that Spirig started to zig zag in the cycling and running parts. Must be exhausting being the leader. She should've probably went back a spot or two to save some energy. Didn't know Spirig won the event in London with a photo finish. Must've been crazy.

It was hella controversal in london too man. Literally couldve gone either way. There were a lot of hurt feelings.

Yea leading in anything is mentally exhausting. Especially when you cant look behind you to see how close the competition is.

These women volleyballers jump higher than wnba players

Gatlin had the best possible chance to beat bolt in the 100 the other day. He had the best start of his career and in bolts weakest race and still got mopped.

Team usa needs to take the cartridge out, blow on it and hit reset. All those dudes are off brand jeans.

This :lol: USA needs wholesale changes. Bromell and Rodgers are good runners, but to go to your next point...

Not ready to say goodbye to [emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]127946[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji] &[emoji]128016[/emoji][emoji]9889[/emoji]️

We are all witnesses :pimp:

Same bro. I was just saying the olympic counsel has to be sick af. Summer olympics is basically just mens swimming and track and field and the 2 biggest stars and draws of the last 15 years are walking. Its like kobe and bron both saying bye on the same day. Well never see another bolt and phelps. Sheer dominance in the water and then the charisma and speed of Bolt. I mean his ****** name is Bolt for goodness sake.

I hope yall have appreciated what youve seen these past few years. Olympics is gonna be all new faces it feels like next term. I swear we're gonna miss the monster winners in the future. Dudes gonna be 1 and done til that next halleys comet comes around.

...this as well. Rodgers is already 31 and there's a chance he may not even make it to the next Olympics with all these 19-23 dudes coming up. And even the ones in that range (like Bromell), I don't see them as game changers in the next coming years. As fast as De Grosse is, I have a hard time forecasting him being THE man. Definitely gonna be a sad day without Bolt and Phelps come next Olympics, and honestly a lot of the people I've been following for a long time, and that's even including Gatlin and Gay. I ran track and cross country from 98-2010, so there's a whole lot of people I grew up watching during that time that are either out the door, or on there way out. Wallace Spearmon, Carmelita Peter, Lauryn Williams, David Krummenaker, Dawn Harper, Kellie Wells, and Veronica Campbell just to name a few. That doesn't even include a disgraced Marion Jones, and a Michael Johnson and Maurice Green that looked badly washed in their last races :lol: :smh:

I had an intense crush on carmelita bro. Baby girls swag when she pointed as she crossed the finish line :smokin. So damn dope.

The thing is the olympian has to have their adult body and talent/skill extremely young to have a chance to dominate. They gotta hit their prime by 23 to have the opportunity to dominate. The average man hits his at like 27. In olympic years..thats hella late. Then also you have to have a sport that allows you to compete in many competitions like swimming and running. Its a rare combo. Guys can be great..green, johnson..but that once in a generation situation is crazy rare because of all of the variables. It wasnt enough that bolt is fast..he was also taller than everybody. So for whoever had faster acceleration..which actually happened a lot..bolts stride was the equalizer. And nothing is promised. Remember how amazing yohan blake was in 12. Dude was crazy washed this year. Bro had that hamstring issue when didnt bounce back. But then bolt hurt his hammie earlier this year also and the only thing noticeable was that he didnt break his own records this time. Crazy. Phelps was a freak of nature also. 6'4..6'9 wingstan. Elite leg strength to push off blocks. Elite arm strength to push through water. Elite lung capacity to provide more time between breaths. Ultra stamina. Bruh was legit Aquaman.

Thoughts on Ashton Eaton? Think he'll be back? Hes 28-29 too isnt he?

Last edited:
They showed when Bolt ran in his first olympics. Dude was real skinny and didn't make it out of his first heat. I think phelps didn't win any medlas in his first olympics either.

They showed when Bolt ran in his first olympics. Dude was real skinny and didn't make it out of his first heat. I think phelps didn't win any medlas in his first olympics either.

Exactly, but in their defense they were both young if i recall. Bolt was 19. But 23 he was goat. Its amazing to see bolts transition from his 1st race. Dude was very regular. Came in 5th i believe. Hes hasnt looked back since.

This makes me feel pretty excited about De Grasses future. Dude hasn't been sprinting long but he's still young and just won 3 medals at his first games,dude has a promising career if he keeps up on his current trajectory. Doesn't hurt having Donovan Bailey mentoring him either :lol: :smokin

Speaking of young prodigies, there was another Canadian, 16 year old Penny Oleksiak who won 4 medals including a gold and silver in her first games.

Last edited:
He just embellished some details? Gotta protect that white privilege. Never know when it might come in handy for you as well :lol:

Back
Top Bottom