OFFICIAL 2016 RIO SUMMER OLYMPICS THREAD (Rio is a wrap; See you in Tokyo in 2020 (or, more likely,i

When I saw this happened, I was like oh no

giphy.gif

Then I saw Mo's thumb up. I was like yup, he's gonna win this for sure
giphy.gif

:pimp:

I was rooting for Rupp as well
Hopefully he gets a medal for marathon next week

CpyVEwSUsAAqBJC.jpg

If it’s the former, Farah has no real claim to be the GOAT. If you judge him purely by his times, he’s not particularly close, either: His personal-best 10K race places him only the 16th-fastest in history, and his best 5K ranks 31st all time.

But if it’s the latter, Farah has a convincing case. He hasn’t lost a championship 5K or 10K in five years and now adds the 2016 10K gold to his mantel, where it will sit alongside two other Olympic golds and five from the world championships. No man before Farah had ever doubled at three consecutive global championships, and Farah could make it four in the 5K next weekend.

Source

Five years... :x

Last edited:
Mo Gotti. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Put some respect on his name, you gotta respect the consistency of his excellence.

The Campbell sisters have been disappointing.

Majority of the Australian team.. Even the WR they set in the 4 X 100 free wasn't as fast as it should have been by at least 1.5 seconds

The men's 4 X 100 free was heavily favored.. And they were a slight threat to the us men's in the other 2, came 4th in 1 and got bronze in the other

Mcevoy was the heavy favorite in the 100 free, like cate and didn't medal like her.. 50 he was a contender and didn't medal.. Was a contender for gold in the 200 but pulled out

Seebohm was heavy favorite in the 100 and 200 backs.. Ditto her boyfriend Mitch Larkin, who came 4th in the 100 and got silver in the 200

https://swimswam.com/aussie-recap-gold-less-final-night-rio-team-set-regroup/

Off the top of my head I think only Kyle chalmers swam a best time at the games

Ethiopian swimmer.. His dad is some big shot, so he gifted his son a spot on the team

Peaty was 57.13 in the 100 breast.. Dude was 1:04.95

Manual won the 100 free in 52.70

He was close to Lilly king's 100 breast: 1:04.93

Ethiopian swimmer.. His dad is some big shot, so he gifted his son a spot on the team

Regardless of how or why he was permitted to compete, his name is now in history as an Olympic athlete. Something that very few will ever be able to claim. Also, he came in third in his heat which is generally considered impressive...his just happened to come in a race of three.

Regardless of how or why he was permitted to compete, his name is now in history as an Olympic athlete. Something that very few will ever be able to claim. Also, he came in third in his heat which is generally considered impressive...his just happened to come in a race of three.

i can't even tell if this is sarcasm or not. i hope it is :lol:

NBC streams are messed up for me? Was watching Womens vault finals "live" then all of I sudden I get a notification of who won 
mean.gif

Congrats to Simone though 
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom