OFFICIAL 2016 @MiamiHEAT SEASON THREAD::::

I've obviously been here through that. That's a dumb thing to say. This isn't just a rebuild, that's downplaying what just took place. We let go of our franchise player over 7 million dollars. The same player who brought us 3 rings and sacrificed a check for the past 10 years so the TEAM could flourish. And the TEAM left him out to dry. If you can look at that and call it a rebuild, you deserve it

I've obviously been here through that. That's a dumb thing to say. This isn't just a rebuild, that's downplaying what just took place. We let go of our franchise player over 7 million dollars. The same player who brought us 3 rings and sacrificed a check for the past 10 years so the TEAM could flourish. And the TEAM left him out to dry. If you can look at that and call it a rebuild, you deserve it

A true fan stands by his team during the best of times, but even more so during the worst of times.

Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

Last edited:
A true fan stands by his team during the best of times, but even more so during the worst of times.

Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

Y'all seem to think this has to do with the state of the roster more so than the way they just treated our best player ever. This is not the family culture Riley speaks of. We have no loyalty add a franchise if wade can get chopped. We just do stupid things. I've already suggested tanking days ago. This is not a best of times, worst of times thing

Riley should never had started that family bull ****. This is a business. No one player is greater than the franchise. Love Wade (as evidenced by my avi) but we did not have the money or assets to make this happen for him. It was time. As it is time for Riley to go. Youth reigns in Miami now.

Last edited:
We offered him what we could, 2 yrs/40 mill. He left for 7 million more, when you factor in state income tax, he isn't making any more over there than he would've here had he taken our offer. In the end, he probably let LeBron get in his head and convince him that he needed to leave based on principle. Fine, but we weren't going to wager our future for an aging superstar like the Lakers did.

Last edited:
Yea I'm glad that he didn't take the Kobe route and set the team back 5 years,2 years is bearable :lol:

Look at God providing a silver lining to all of this!!!

:rofl:

I love Dwad3.......**** the 3 in h3at23 is for Wad3 but we're not losing a franchise player anymore. The sting of losing LeBron has prepared me to lose wad3.

I WILL forever be grateful for what Dwad3 has done for this team.

This had to happen.

#HeatLifer4Real

Last edited:
This can't be real life  
mean.gif
frown.gif
indifferent.gif

Can't believe the relationship between management (really Riley) and Wade eroded so bad that it got to this point. The statue was going to built in front of AAA and he was going to be Miami's all time favorite sports star, if not already. 

I'm really torn and don't know how to react to this. I was in the building in '06 for game 3 of the finals and personally saw Wade bring us out of the grave to tie that series (and eventually win the championship) with his amazing play in the 4th quarter. I will always have memories of his greatness over the years.

Its going to be brutal seeing him in a different uniform  
frown.gif

Riley should never had started that family bull ****. This is a business. No one player is greater than the franchise. Love Wade (as evidenced by my avi) but we did not have the money or assets to make this happen for him. It was time. As it is time for Riley to go. Youth reigns in Miami now.
It's time for Nick Arison to take full control of the team now, time for a new era...

Y'all seem to think this has to do with the state of the roster more so than the way they just treated our best player ever. This is not the family culture Riley speaks of. We have no loyalty add a franchise if wade can get chopped. We just do stupid things. I've already suggested tanking days ago. This is not a best of times, worst of times thing
They shouldn't have  placed so much emphasis on that loyalty stuff. It was unnecessary. 

Anyway, the heat offered him what they could. He made no indications that he cared about winning anymore. They weren't going to be crippled by his contract like the Lakers were with Kobe. It happens. 

The most disappointing part in all of this is that we never got to see the team at full strength.

If 40 million was good enough for Dirk, wholeft way more millions on the table than Wade ocer the years then it should have been good enough for Wade. He truly let LeBron manipulate him and the unfortunate part is he will never see what truly happened.

at the end of the day he wanted to get paid. Can't blame him. He'll still get a statue outside of AAA. Riley didn't want to go thru what the Lakers have gone thru the past 2 years. Trying to hold on the past while trying to move on.

We offered him what we could, 2 yrs/40 mill. He left for 7 million more, when you factor in state income tax, he isn't making any more over there than he would've here had he taken our offer. In the end, he probably let LeBron get in his head and convince him that he needed to leave based on principle. Fine, but we weren't going to wager our future for an aging superstar like the Lakers did.
Ehhhhhhhh I don't know about all that.

Y'all started off with 2 years/$20M. They might as well have spit in his face. That's how you open up negotiations in THIS market with the face of your franchise? Dude brought the city 3 championships. Brought the prime years of the greatest player in our generation. And they start him off at $10M per year after he has a good season. Playing 70+ games.

Whiteside gets taken care of first, which is understandable. They showed him way more respect than Wade from the jump though. Then it takes the KD fantasy to go poof before Pat/Micky hit Wade with the "hey, you still up?" text.

It ain't Raymone's fault that your organization failed to prioritize the most important player to ever wear their jersey. That inability lands squarely on the front office. We all hype Pat Riley as the Don, the Godfather, etc. He can get his fair share of **** too when it doesn't go according to plan.

At least y'all have more cap space now to retool next offseason. *shrugs* Silver lining is this should allow you to move on quicker to "the next guy". Riles will try to work his magic again, but I don't know how this news sits with the players that matter in the upcoming class.

Last edited:

Y'all started off with 2 years/$20M. They might as well have spit in his face. That's how you open up negotiations in THIS market with the face of your franchise? Dude brought the city 3 championships. Brought the prime years of the greatest player in our generation. And they start him off at $10M per year after he has a good season. Playing 70+ games.

Whiteside gets taken care of first, which is understandable. They showed him way more respect than Wade from the jump though. Then it takes the KD fantasy to go poof before Pat/Micky hit Wade with the "hey, you still up?" text.

It ain't Raymone's fault that your organization failed to prioritize the most important player to ever wear their jersey. That inability lands squarely on the front office. We all hype Pat Riley as the Don, the Godfather, etc. He can get his fair share of **** too when it doesn't go according to plan.

At least y'all have more cap space now to retool next offseason. *shrugs* Riles will try to work his magic again, but I don't know how this news sits with the top guys in the upcoming class.
nailed it. repped.

You don't see Dirk or Duncan getting butthurt about their team trying to improve the roster before cutting them checks. Wade came into this very hostile, his only concern was the money which is entirely fine.

At least y'all have more cap space now to retool next offseason. *shrugs* Silver lining is this should allow you to move on quicker to "the next guy". Riles will try to work his magic again, but I don't know how this news sits with the players that matter in the upcoming class.
That was denied, and later confirmed rumor. The 10 million was whether or not they would offer 2 yrs 30M or 2 yrs 40M. The 10 million was what they were trying to use to max out Durant. Nevertheless, Riles dug this hole. LeBron did manipulate Wade, because Wade opted out of a good contract in order to get LeBron to come back. In the end...it's time to move on. The right move was made regardless. Wade had to go.

If they paid Wade all the money he was asking for how would they even be able to sign a top tier FA, the Heat weighed the risked with this move, Wade got his money, can't be mad at no one.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Agents put out stuff in the media in order to get what they want. 

If they paid Wade all the money he was asking for how would they even be able to sign a top tier FA, the Heat weighed the risked with this move, Wade got his money, can't be mad at no one.
cap goes up next year. now u need to sign a top tier FA just to replace wade, instead of adding on to compliment him. everyone saying go after westbrook next year, but if we dont land him... then what? smh it was a BAD gamble. and we lost.

I'm just saying that it doesn't feel right at all that Wade is not going to retire in a Heat jersey and that legit makes me sad
You don't know that. Remember when Alonzo Mourning left the Heat to play for the Nets for a year? Came back and now he's in management. It'll always be Wade county. It's the young boys turns now.

Back
Top Bottom