Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

Ward/Kovalev
Loma/Walters

Finally the best signing off to face the best without the ******** and double talk.

Anyone going to Vegas for Ward/Kovalev?

I wish my boy moved his bachelor party up to the weekend before :smh:

But man havent looked forward to November this much in a long time

Loma and Walters gon be great, any chance Ringondeaux sitting ringside saying he want next? or Chocolotito :nerd:?

Stevenson better be at the Ward Kovalevl fight and i dont want to hear about tuneups either

First person I thought of when Loma/Walters was announced was Rigo.

He just had a fight but damn he needs to be more active. Figure not too many trying to see him though.

Last edited:
But man havent looked forward to November this much in a long time

Loma and Walters gon be great, any chance Ringondeaux sitting ringside saying he want next? or Chocolotito :nerd:?

Stevenson better be at the Ward Kovalevl fight and i dont want to hear about tuneups either

It's crazy how great the upcoming schedule looks. Post Mayweather-Pacman it seems like everyone except Canelo, Garcia & Stevenson are embracing the "best fight the best" attitude again, and getting props for it.

If Rigo got the winner of Loma-Walters that would be amazing. I think Lomachenko is probably the only fighter with the balls and the skills to beat him. From what I've seen so far, Loma is going to be shooting up the P4P list with every fight he has.

Stevenson on the other hand...honestly I wish boxing would just pass him by. Unlike Canelo, no one needs to fight Stevenson to steal his star power. PBC is folding because they never make any good fights and Stevenson's career is a joke. Sounds harsh, but the guy is 39 years old and the way he pretends to want Kovalev even though he ducked him leading to the Ward fight is pathetic.

Last edited:
First person I thought of when Loma/Walters was announced was Rigo.

He just had a fight but damn he needs to be more active. Figure not too many trying to see him though.

You know its crazy Rigo is legit what Floyd became from DLH on, and in all honesty its something you dont appreciate unless you have boxed or really love the sport

I thought Floyd was ridiculous in person, but had a greater appreciation for him seeing him live, mind you it was only Berto but that changed nothing. I want to see Rigo live

Ring generalship and commanding range and distance while not panicking is crazy if loma and Rigo fight in Vegas count me in to be there live

It's crazy how great the upcoming schedule looks. Post Mayweather-Pacman it seems like everyone except Canelo, Garcia & Stevenson are embracing the "best fight the best" attitude again, and getting props for it.

If Rigo got the winner of Loma-Walters that would be amazing. I think Lomachenko is probably the only fighter with the balls and the skills to beat him. From what I've seen so far, Loma is going to be shooting up the P4P list with every fight he has.

Stevenson on the other hand...honestly I wish boxing would just pass him by. Unlike Canelo, no one needs to fight Stevenson to steal his star power. PBC is folding because they never make any good fights and Stevenson's career is a joke. Sounds harsh, but the guy is 39 years old and the way he pretends to want Kovalev even though he ducked him leading to the Ward fight is pathetic.

I agree with you but I think promoters are really starting to see that the public wont accept anything for less (ie the recent low ppv and free fight numbers) it is refreshing nonetheless

I dont mind Stevenson so much dude talks but lets be honest no one takes him seriously he has serious punching power for a man his age tho. I dont think he would want either tho because I dont view Stevenson as much of a Plan B kind of guy in the ring, with Kovalev Im not sure but want to see and I know Ward is a plan B guy but would love to see him forced to execute and make those adjustments against biggerr guys since his old weight class couldn't do it

I'm mad McJoe Arroyo just lost his Super Flyweight Belt. I wanted to see him and Choclatito fight.

McJoe's bro put up a good one against Roman at a lower weight class. Was hyped for him to fight McJoe after that.

My homeboy in Japan asked me to see if I can get some Grant gloves for him since nobody has them in Japan. Grant quoted me $1,000.00 for a pair of :nerd:z fight gloves in metallic colors. I have a feeling he'll pass.

Random, but Grant related.
My boy used to train at Hoover Street gym ( now defunct) in South LA back in the days.
Jimmy Montoya used to run/work at that gym and he is the Grant founder's step dad where he would sell Grant gear for good prices.

Damn $1K is a lot :lol:

Last edited:
My homeboy in Japan asked me to see if I can get some Grant gloves for him since nobody has them in Japan. Grant quoted me $1,000.00 for a pair of :nerd:z fight gloves in metallic colors. I have a feeling he'll pass.

:lol: I remember I e-mailed them and they didn't even get back to me, but some guys on other boards said they were quoted that much.

All the times I've seen Winning gloves for sale they have always been expensive. I emailed Grant once inquiring about prices and they didn't get back to me for almost two months smh.

I wonder if the almost year long layoff will affect Walters even the slightest bit come fight night. Golden Boy announced Salido vs Miura for December 17th in Carson earlier. The schedule keeps getting better and better.

I had heard they were $500, wasn't expecting a grand at all. We'll see if he still wants them because it's the exclusivity of the Grant gloves that gets attention in Japan. That and the Japanese are very willing to pay good money for luxury goods.

His gym gets 20% off all Winning gear as it is, but they've got a bunch at the gym already.

On a side note, anybody interested in good quality gloves for around $100 needs to check out Sabas. I bought a pair their Super Softs (Winning inspired padding/glove) a few months ago and they're great. They'll make you customs for $155-$165 or you can get a custom kit with gloves, head gear, and a groin protector for $500.

Last edited:
I was actually going to ask if anyone had any experience with Sabas, Casanova, Mason's, or maybe some other manufacturer they would recommend.

Lance Pugmire ‏@latimespugmire  5m5 minutes ago
Orlando Salido to fight Takaski Miura at the Forum on Dec. 17 http://fw.to/Ozw8kUF 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I was actually going to ask if anyone had any experience with Sabas, Casanova, Mason's, or maybe some other manufacturer they would recommend.

I can't speak for the others, but Sabas impressed the hell out of me for the price. Im pretty heavy handed and I haven't had any issues since picking up the Super Softs. I believe they're other glove (TC?) is modeled after Grant, it's a real punchers glove. For the sake of my hands and sparring partners I opted for the Super Softs. I'll definitely be buying a pair of custom lace-ups eventually, but I've got a third pair of gloves on the way now and can't justify buying anything else at the moment.

Popped for roids and then coke after trying to get out of the fight for mental health issues. They're going to take those belts away from Baby Huey.

Iron Tyson Fury laid it all on the line to beat Wlad. Dude probably doesn't want to fight anymore [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom