Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

Another sparring session before Thurman supposedly
Danny Garcia is gonna fight Thurman.....

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Must be some scrub named Kevin Thurman that I don't know about
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Word on the Curb is that Kermit Cintron was offered the DSG fight for Nov 12th in Philly, but the offer was too low. Rejected. #boxing

Ol' Kermmy mighta Ko'd his *** for the Low low too [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]

Last edited:
You'd be shocked but Kermmy has probably been the most active fighter in boxing this year. He's had 3 fights already

Looks like GGG-Jacobs is going to purse bid 
mean.gif

That fight's not happening 
laugh.gif

Jacobs isn't even going to get the 3M K2 already offered unless Al comes in with a crazy *** bid with the intention of calling HBO's/GGG's bluff. 

Not surprising about Jacobs. Take a look at other Haymon advised fighters and who their opponents have been. We know where the issue lies smh.

Its possible since the wba has a 75-25 split if it goes to purse bid so team GGG will prolly keep fighting for a split near that number. If it goes to a purse bid I wouldn't be surprised if they outbid Haymon since ggg is getting 75% of the cut. Well see what happens tho, nothing would surprise me. Could see either of em backing out of the fight for several reasons

It should come as no surprise that the negotiations for the mandatory fight between unified middleweight titleholder Gennady Golovkin and secondary titlist Daniel Jacobs are not exactly going smoothly.

The fight, the most interesting GGG could make other than one against Canelo Alvarez, is under discussions to take place Dec. 10 in an HBO main event at a venue in New York, either Madison Square Garden (Golovkin's preference) or Barclays Center (where Jacobs has close ties).

But it is a hard deal to make. The WBA ordered the fight and gave the camps -- Tom Loeffler of K2 Promotions on GGG's behalf and Jacobs' adviser Al Haymon -- until Oct. 12 to make a deal or a purse bid would be ordered.

But the sides apparently aren't getting anywhere in the negotiations. Gilberto Mendoza Jr., president of the WBA, told ESPN.com that there has been discussion by the Jacobs side of a possible interim bout before facing Golovkin (36-0, 33 KOs), although Golovkin does not want an interim fight. He wants to do the mandatory fight with Jacobs (32-1, 29 KOs) as soon as possible, especially because it is such an attractive fight.

Also, Mendoza said that attorney Leon Margules, "on behalf of Jacobs, requested a change in the distribution percentage of the bid. The championship committee is deliberating."

Typically, a mandatory fight between a "super champion" (Golovkin in this case) and a "regular champion" (Jacobs) is a 75-25 split in the event of a purse bid with the lion's share going to the "super champion."

However, Mendoza said that Jacobs is seeking a 60-40 split (in GGG's favor).

"It has changed in some cases, but usually they are not changed," Mendoza said.

Furthermore, Mendoza said that Loeffler has requested the organization simply call a purse bid. If it goes to a bid, things could get messy if the Jacobs side wins because then Haymon would control the fight and probably look to place it on a Premier Boxing Champions card or Showtime. That is a nonstarter, most likely because Golovkin has an exclusive contract with HBO, the network that has built him into a star.

Mendoza said neither the request for the change of the purse split has not been decided nor has the date for the purse bid.

"Even though the purse bid was requested, Tom called me to allow him some days to talk with Jacobs' team," Mendoza said. "The purse bid split-percentage decision will be announced on Monday. [The split] has not been set yet."

Loeffler is holding out hope they can make a deal.

"Still trying to work out the situation," Loeffler said on Friday. "The WBA hasn't ruled yet on the purse-split modification [request] from the Jacobs side."

Whatever happens, expect this to go down to the wire.
http://www.espn.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/16888/golovkin-jacobs-talks-get-messy

Francisco A. Salazar ‏@FSalazarBoxing  1h1 hour ago Los Angeles, CA
Just spoke to @THEREALBHOP. Told me he will fight again this year. 'It'll be in December before my 52nd birthday.' #boxing
GGG? 
nerd.gif

Not surprising about Jacobs. Take a look at other Haymon advised fighters and who their opponents have been. We know where the issue lies smh.

Offering Jacobs 75-25 is basically saying we don't care if this fight gets made or not.

I'd think he'd look for minimum 2 mil since Brook got 5 mil, which puts GGG at 6 mil at a 75/25 split, which puts the total price at 8 mil for a regular HBO or PBC fight which probably ain't happening. If that fight doesn't get made because of that ******** 75/25 split nobody should be pointing their fingers at Jacobs.

Last edited:
Offering Jacobs 75-25 is basically saying we don't care if this fight gets made or not.

I'd think he'd look for minimum 2 mil since Brook got 5 mil, which puts GGG at 6 mil at a 75/25 split, which puts the total price at 8 mil for a regular HBO or PBC fight which probably ain't happening. If that fight doesn't get made because of that ******** 75/25 split nobody should be pointing their fingers at Jacobs.
75/25 is the standard for a super/regular championship bout. Team Jacobs is not in the position to make such demands for a 60/40 AND and interim bout. He's not the biggest fish left in the pond to be caught. Take the 75/25 plus the *** whooping he's about to get and be on your way.

75/25 is the standard for a super/regular championship bout. Team Jacobs is not in the position to make such demands for a 60/40 AND and interim bout. He's not the biggest fish left in the pond to be caught. Take the 75/25 plus the *** whooping he's about to get and be on your way.

Jacobs can make that much or almost that much fighting Saunders or Eubanks Jr. in the UK or even Lemieux, plus he actually has much higher chance of winning those fights. He'd rather do that than to face GGG and get KTFO.

Last edited:

He's already turned down 3M or at least something close to it.  He's on record for that. He's probably looking for something ridiculous.

http://www.boxingscene.com/jacobs-ill-fight-golovkin-canelo-right-money--108136

Around 3M to fight in your backyard is more than fair.  Especially when you have no belt, and your last fight was the walkout bout for a Robert Easter fight. 

Back
Top Bottom