Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear every draft after 2013 has been labeled loaded.

KAT, KP, Embiid, Bari, Booker, Wiggins, LaVine etc, there's some definite future stars in the last 3 years.

Last year draft wasn't good but this year is much better especially at the top.

Last edited:
Lakers doing the right thing by trying to keep their 1st round pick.

Might as well tank and get top 3 in a loaded draft with a new coach who already shows promise.

Got dammit NO! :lol: Give us that damn pick Hinkie committed career suicide for, already lol

Wait hankmoody is the man who said that ish?

roll.gif
roll.gif
Nah he didn't hahaha

Someone else did...

So I'm reading the recent Ringer on the big men problem. Roles, value, style of play, etc. Reminded me of my post from the 2015 draft thread. Maybe I was right to be curious about his high draft status?

#2492 of 8508
05/20/15
Vincent Van Ho said:
HankMoody said:
"The only problem is it's not 10 years ago and most teams don't want to play that way anymore. They value spacing on offense and rim protection on defense. Okafor's offensive strengths are minimized by his defensive shortcomings. Modern big men are also expected to step out and shoot 18-20 footers if not extend all the way to the three-point line, leaving the paint open for slashers and creators to drive to the basket."

The only problem? laugh.gif

This boggles my mind that it's even a question between him and KAT. That he's even considered an elite prospect for the NBA in 2015 is hard for me to understand. I don't know. He just doesn't fit well with anything I'm watching. Maybe I'm just crazy. I'd love to hear and read more about this. It's fascinating to me that he's so highly ranked. [/quote=HankMoody]

Yep, you're crazy [/quote=Vincent Van Ho]

An @HankMoody sighting?!? :wow: :wow: Where have you been?

I legit got into a debate yesterday with my man's over Reggie Jackson. I was trying to tell him how trash Reggie is and he argued me up and down. He truly believes in his heart that Reggie is a good player, and a franchise player that a team can build around. Those words came out of his mouth. He said he's the best player on the pistons.

Oh and get this.

He said he's very athletic and only 1 tier in athleticism below Westbrook.

He said he's basically john wall. On the same level as John freakin Wall. He said he could beat John in a race or lose by less than an inch. I was in shock. I mean clearly I could'nt pull out stats to prove the fallacies in his athleticism argument..but the sheer eye test should be enough.

He said reggie is bigger than Wall, which is false. And he said his first step is as lethal as anybody's and he can get to the rim at will.

I told him Reggie is on the same level and basically the same player as Stuckey. But that I would take Stuckey a million times over RJ. Both could get to the rim and finish whenever. Neither were anything to write home about.

He told me I was trippin.

I was flabbergasted.

Is this your same boy who is always spewing flaming hot takes about LeBron? If so, you really gotta just drop him at this point. Those Reggie Jackson comments are unforgivable.

Austin Rivers shooting 42% from 3 on good volume. Been one of the best 3pt shooters in the league this year.

[emoji]128522[/emoji][emoji]128522[/emoji][emoji]128522[/emoji][emoji]128522[/emoji]

[quote = Storm2006]
I legit got into a debate yesterday with my man's over Reggie Jackson. I was trying to tell him how trash Reggie is and he argued me up and down. He truly believes in his heart that Reggie is a good player, and a franchise player that a team can build around. Those words came out of his mouth. He said he's the best player on the pistons.

Oh and get this.

He said he's very athletic and only 1 tier in athleticism below Westbrook.

He said he's basically john wall. On the same level as John freakin Wall. He said he could beat John in a race or lose by less than an inch. I was in shock. I mean clearly I could'nt pull out stats to prove the fallacies in his athleticism argument..but the sheer eye test should be enough.

He said reggie is bigger than Wall, which is false. And he said his first step is as lethal as anybody's and he can get to the rim at will.

I told him Reggie is on the same level and basically the same player as Stuckey. But that I would take Stuckey a million times over RJ. Both could get to the rim and finish whenever. Neither were anything to write home about.

He told me I was trippin.

I was flabbergasted.

Is this your same boy who is always spewing flaming hot takes about LeBron? If so, you really gotta just drop him at this point. Those Reggie Jackson comments are unforgivable.[/quote]

different friend hahaha. I really gotta stop talking to dudes that are just casual fans. Cats that dont cop league pass or actually watch games. It's the ones that just follow one team or just check sportscenter that argue the most, that have the most to say.

I never gain anything from those conversations but frustration. And you can't teach them **** because they don't listen to reason or stats.

The Reggie **** was so flagrant my dudes. I left that chat disgusted.

That should be the resolution for 2017. No more sports convos with weekend fans.

Last edited:
Mavs have nine wins after playing arguably the toughest schedule in the league. Those wins could start picking up.
nerd.gif
Oh the wins are most definitely going to pick up, with or without Dirk.

Those guys play basketball for 48 minutes.

They never quit on defense, and can fire from 3 with the best of them.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dallas finish the year at 7 or 8. 

Carlisle, he just Coaches.

Boston vs Knicks = 85 to 100. Boston has been one of the more underwhelming teams in the league. I dont think my squad will win.

Cleveland vs Golden State = 90 - 110. Cleveland will miss J.R. Smith perimeter shooting and perimeter defense & get blown out like they did last Christmas.

Chicago vs San Antonio = 75 - 90. Chicago has been dropping games and San Antonio is just a better squad.

Minnesota Vs OKC = 80 - 85. Russell is gonna go ballistic once again with a near triple double.

LAC vs LAL = 120 - 100. Lakers have teetered off since surprising the Western conference and being super competitive within the first month and a half of the young NBA season but now brought back to reality to being one of the worst teams in the NBA.

Knicks aren't winning by 15

I'm just so disappointed in my Celtics. I can't believe Daniel Ainge gave Alfred Horford $113 million. This bum is playing like a $15 million dollar player. :smh:

I've said it before. I'd rather talk about politics and religion than sports with a casual fan that thinks they are not a casual fan. I have coworkers who try to tell me the Warriors can't play defense and when I disagree they just get louder.

I have one boy who actually watches games, reads articles, listens to podcasts l. That's the only person I have real discussions with. Other than that it's all NT.

Happy Holidays, Hope all y'all got league pass for xmas :pimp:

The barber shop is the worst. I can't even deal with it.

Dudes are fans of multiple teams and just parrot whatever nonsense they hear someone else/ESPN say.

Boston vs Knicks = 85 to 100. Boston has been one of the more underwhelming teams in the league. I dont think my squad will win.

Cleveland vs Golden State = 90 - 110. Cleveland will miss J.R. Smith perimeter shooting and perimeter defense & get blown out like they did last Christmas.

Chicago vs San Antonio = 75 - 90. Chicago has been dropping games and San Antonio is just a better squad.

Minnesota Vs OKC = 80 - 85. Russell is gonna go ballistic once again with a near triple double.

LAC vs LAL = 120 - 100. Lakers have teetered off since surprising the Western conference and being super competitive within the first month and a half of the young NBA season but now brought back to reality to being one of the worst teams in the NBA.

That Magic Johnson insight.

So Melo expresses his compassion for playing on Xmas day, olympics, and all star game but says he doesn't care about every going to the Finals? What's wrong with this dude?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom