Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
none of the lakers young players are even good lol
they had a good start this year because of their veteran presence.
kat >>>> dlo
wiggins >>>> clarkson
lavine >>>>> randle

clarkson isn't even young either. stop gassing the lakers

Many casual fans and a few people in here claimed they'd get a 3 or 4 seed and russ would win mvp....

the guy that couldn't wait a week into the season to say golden state sucked and was going to struggle and said okc was good cause they had a good first week.

Last edited:
Funny how people were talking bout how much talent okc had and would get a top seed before the season started ......
Now the talk is they suck and russ doesn't have any help.
hmmmm........interesting

I think people were so enamored with Russ and his triple double quest that they didn't realize who the rest of their players are. They'll probably win a lot, but the roster will catch up to them

Na but you gotta add a disclaimer on here some times cause you can compare two ****** shoes and somebody will turn that into a player a vs b argument. I like to avoid those so I just put it out there in advance.

Good luck on OKC making it. It's looking quiet for that 4-5 seed ****** was dreaming about.

The Wizards have the worst bench in the NBA and Wall's running mate is about to get hurt any day now.

I guess that's his fault tho. 
OKC was 15-9 and lost the last 2 since Dipo has been out hurt. They were and probably will still be in the running for the 4 or 5th seed.

Stephen Curry Could Sign Five-Year, $207M Deal Due To New CBA Rule

Dec 15, 2016 7:13 PM

Curry_Stephen_gsw_160615.jpg

The salary of Stephen Curry is set to increase from $12 million this season to $36 million next season as part of the NBA's new collective bargaining agreement.

Curry is on the final season of a four-year, $44 million extension signed in 2012.

Because of a new rule, Curry's new contract could be worth $207 million over five seasons with $47 million coming in 21-22.

The new rule enables a narrow selection of superstars who are willing to re-sign with their current team to receive up to 35 percent of the salary cap if certain benchmarks are met. As a two-time MVP who has played his entire career with the Warriors, Curry would meet the qualifications.

A player with Curry's experience level, under the previous CBA, would have been able to sign for only 30 percent of the cap.

If Curry were interested in changing teams, he could only sign a four-year deal worth approximately $135 million.
With Goldenstate adding Durant to their roster, how would this work out for GSW?

You know what's funny...i almost guarantee if KD resigned with the Thunder then Westbrook would have bounced to the Lakers or somewhere else as soon as he was unrestricted. He wanted his own team and to be the savior of wherever he was. Now he gets to be the hero cause KD did the dirty work for him.

Stephen Curry Could Sign Five-Year, $207M Deal Due To New CBA Rule
Dec 15, 2016 7:13 PM
Curry_Stephen_gsw_160615.jpg

The salary of Stephen Curry is set to increase from $12 million this season to $36 million next season as part of the NBA's new collective bargaining agreement.
Curry is on the final season of a four-year, $44 million extension signed in 2012.

Because of a new rule, Curry's new contract could be worth $207 million over five seasons with $47 million coming in 21-22.
The new rule enables a narrow selection of superstars who are willing to re-sign with their current team to receive up to 35 percent of the salary cap if certain benchmarks are met. As a two-time MVP who has played his entire career with the Warriors, Curry would meet the qualifications.
A player with Curry's experience level, under the previous CBA, would have been able to sign for only 30 percent of the cap.
If Curry were interested in changing teams, he could only sign a four-year deal worth approximately $135 million.

With Goldenstate adding Durant to their roster, how would this work out for GSW?
Goodbye Iggy and Livingston.

Nah man.. there's no way the Wizard aren't dead last in attendance.. somebody lying with them attendance numbers

Another note on John Wall.

pmatic pmatic posted that humongous 220+ mil contract that Paul George can sign this offseason under the new CBA's designated player exception.

Well, John Wall has never made all-NBA, which is one the requirements to get that deal. So Wall cant get it.

Yes, he knows. And yes, he's not happy about it :lol:

Link

Another note on John Wall.

@PMatic posted that humongous 220+ mil contract that Paul George can sign this offseason under the new CBA's designated player exception.

Well, John Wall has never made all-NBA, which is one the requirements to get that deal. So Wall cant get it.

Yes, he knows. And yes, he's not happy about it
laugh.gif

Link
John Wall used to be my guy. I live in Raleigh, NC and used to see him at some local rec centers/go to his holiday tourneys, so it was cool watching him succeed. But I really am sick of the dude. I agree he lacks leadership, he's really not that clutch of a player, and ALL HE CARES ABOUT IS THE $$$'s

Usually don't like ESPN Pregame coverage, but it's been on point today

Denzel and AI :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom