Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So looking back at that draft...who has the brighter future? Wiggins, Parker or Embiid?

If healthy, I see Embiid becoming the cornerstone of the franchise. That's if he is healthy.

Wiggins has been a disappointment at this point in his career...he ceiling was Tmac and floor was Gay..he seems to be closer to the floor as a Derozan type of player. He is allergic to rebounding and passing but his scoring instinct is pretty good. Since year one, he was supposed to improve on his defence, rebounding and passing but I don't see none of that.

Parker, I am not too sure what to make of him as I have not watched him closely. He seemed to have an off year last year recovering from a major injury and has picked up the slack this year. However, it seems like his offensive skill set is not as refined as it was made out to be in college. He suddenly found his athleticism after injury but I don't see the post moves, the footwork or any of the things scouts were raving about. Who does he compare to now?

The 2014 draft was incredibly overhyped.
its not really overhyped
embiid is probably the best prospect from it and he's just now playing
jabari had a tough injury and is just now looking like himself again.
wiggins isn't the "next lebron" but he isn't a bust or anything
clarkson, lavine, rodney hood, jokic, payton, warren are all solid
saric should also be good too
2013 is probably the worst class since 2000 in comparison

Embiid has always had the brightest future in that class. If he's not injured he goes one in that draft and nearly any draft he's in. Everybody knew of his talent and what he could be. But everyone also knew about the potential long-term health issues with him.

Y'all don't think it's weird that we're grown men getting wrapped up in this media created drama?

We getting stories about how much they "bonded" from ******* Hasheem Thabeet. It's almost like the world is acting like a celebrity couple broke up...and these *****'s just play basketball lol.

It's gotten to scripted soap opera levels. Next we're going about how Westbrook didnt want to be KD's Spades partner on the team plane and that's where everything went wrong.

I been said i like lavine better than wiggins and think hell be better.

I mentioned seeing some young kobe in him. Kid can ball. He already loves that fade away

I been said i like lavine better than wiggins and think hell be better.

I mentioned seeing some young kobe in him. Kid can ball. He already loves that fade away
Man I was on the Wiggins hype but yeah LaVine might end up being better than him

I really don't like Wiggins game. He's a solid scorer but he really reminds me of Derozan without the junk foul drawing. They're both pretty good but when it comes down to it, the best teams and top defensive SFs can REALLY limit them. The Paul George series is a good example of that. Great defender who doesn't bite on any of his pumpfakes who's also bigger than him. Game over.

Also can't mess with two footed jumpers.

Last edited:
It's like we sometimes forget we're talking about 21, 22, year olds. They're all still in potential mode. Both Wiggins and Lavine are still early in their development

Last edited:
I'm not ready to write off Wiggins yet. This is his first year with proper direction. This isnt Iman Shumpert we're talking about here.

Wiggins shooting at 51% so far
I know it's just the beginning of the season but he's shooting at a good rate of accuracy

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Thats what I said you said that I agree with..I definitely worded it wrong on my mobile phone

He's such a beta, so if that's the case that Mr. Unreliable headline planted the seeds. 

I know this is Grizz news, but

Parsons is scheduled to make his debut either Sunday against Portland or Tuesday against Denver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom