Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
dudes prisoners of the moment. fresh off a win, makes dudes look more impressive.

he not top 5.

top 10 sure.

def not top 5.

if they hadn't won this past summer it would be up for discussion.

so bron top 5 because the warriors pissed off a 3-1 lead? nope.

dudes prisoners of the moment. fresh off a win, makes dudes look more impressive.

he not top 5.

top 10 sure.

def not top 5.

if they hadn't won this past summer it would be up for discussion.

so bron top 5 because the warriors pissed off a 3-1 lead? nope.
Actually... yes, yes he is because of that series IMO

We can say Bron is the best perimeter player since Jordan....i can see that (even though I'll give the edge to Kobe at THIS point)

But we gotta hold Bron to his failures...the same way he hold Shaq for being lazy or Timmy for not "repeating" (dumb logic), or Kobe for not being "the man" for 3 rings.

Tim Duncan and Shaq are already getting forgotten about. It's crazy.

Perimeter bias kills me.

Last edited:
How the heck is Magic better than lebron? This gonna be a cluster isn't it
i only judge on what ive seen personally. the greatest players to me are going to be totally different then someone who was watching basketball in the 80s. one of the biggest things that bother me in sports is people that talk about things they never witnessed. box scores youtube videos and the occasional nba classic game are way different then following and keeping up with actual seasons. sorry but i cant tell you how great kareem and magic are. i never seen them play/ 

like most dudes 24 and under will tell you bron is goat..... its all theyve seen. 

Last edited:
I'll never forget shaq.

best big man ever.

most dominant player EVER.

Unstoppable force.

Devourer of Worlds.

Gozer the Destroyer.

Vigo of Moldavia

i only judge on what ive seen personally. the greatest players to me are going to be totally different then someone who was watching basketball in the 80s. one of the biggest things that bother me in sports is people that talk about things they never witnessed. box scores youtube videos and the occasional nba classic game are way different then following and keeping up with actual seasons. sorry but i cant tell you how great kareem and magic are. i never seen them play/ 

Who are your top 5 of all time then. That's YOUR personal top 5 from what you've seen.

Who are your top 5 of all time then. That's YOUR personal top 5 from what you've seen.
yeah for sure. 

mj 

lebron 

shaq

kobe

duncan. lebron and shaq are really close.

those are the players ive witnessed in seasons ive followed. i dont know a damn thing about magic , kareem etc etc. 

Last edited:
Kobe shaq and Tim have all had much better support overall not to mention coaching

I take that into account

true, but bron played in the MUCH easier conference his whole career. Thake that into account also. It balances everything out.

Kobe shaq and Tim have all had much better support overall not to mention coaching

I take that into account
Why is the quality of teammates/coaching a knock on how a player should be rated?

Where does this idea of "doing as much as you can with the least you have "come from?

true, but bron played in the MUCH easier conference his whole career. Thake that into account also. It balances everything out.
True I still don't think it's completely balanced as you say though

Why is the quality of teammates/coaching a knock on how a player should be rated?

Where does this idea of "doing as much as you can with the least you have "come from?
Well when you compare other players across the board in terms of rings, these other players have conistenstly had better support and coaching

One man cannot get you a title let alone multiple

Oh wait, Lebby basically did that last year against a historically great warrior team

a lot of points are just a lot of points. Kyrie had a bunch of points last night and he didn't look like the sheriff in Cleveland.

:lol:

The difference is Steph ran off a 20+ quarter with the "sheriff" on the bench.

And last time I checked, The team with more points than the other team wins the game.
That he did but it doesn't change the other 3 quarters or his demeanor to me. You stated yourself that he looked like the sidekick I saw, in the previous 3 games. 1 quarter causing amnesia. Had I saw those games too I might feel more strongly, but I only saw one and offered my opinion.

If bron was sooo good for so long, how come dudes werent knocking down the door to play with him? Nobody except washed dudes were going to Cleveland the first time. People wanted to sign with the Big 3 in Miami, not just Bron specifically. And even know, dudes trying to ring chase and dudes in their twilight hitting up the cavs now.

Dudes knew bron was gonna change their entire games and make them bend to his will. Turning most guys with skills into perimeter shooters or whatever else he needed them to be.

True I still don't think it's completely balanced as you say though
Well when you compare other players across the board in terms of rings, these other players have conistenstly had better support and coaching

One man cannot get you a title let alone multiple

Oh wait, Lebby basically did that last year against a historically great warrior team
are you joking? nobody has ever won the chip with a bad supporting cast. its a team game . 

. that cavs team was really  good and kyrie is great, a top 20 player and one of the best scorers in the game that averaged like 27 a game in the finaks and was the closer many games. 

Last edited:
That he did but it doesn't change the other 3 quarters or his demeanor to me. You stated yourself that he looked like the sidekick I saw, in the previous 3 games. 1 quarter causing amnesia. Had I saw those games too I might feel more strongly, but I only saw one and offered my opinion.
I didn't state that at all 
laugh.gif

I said you would have had a point. However asinie that point would be...you would have had one. I think this whole "sidekick" talk is ******ed in general. The TEAM   is 3-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom