Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Away games have higher likelihood to be a loss.
The team just had a 1 day off after a back to back, before last night game.

Now starting today, Memphis will play 4 games in 7 days all at HOME.

All home games are a must win. So, I'm assuming we wanted to have the starters at 100% before this home stand.

It would have been worse to have come home with a close away loss AND with your 2 best players being tired to start a home stand in a winnable game.

It was the statistically smart thing to do.

We can go back and forth this all day. The same people saying it doesn't make sense would be the same people laughing at Conley/Marc getting hurt long term and Memphis invested the money into them. If the 4 games in 5 night stretch happened in January, no one wouldn't even say anything. Its not about it being early in the year, but its just the fact our schedule sucked starting out.
Bruh......why are you doing all of this explaining?

Last edited:
Grizz resting players like they really gon win something long term :lol: ...they should just collect their 40-50 wins n lose in the 1st 2 rounds instead of screwing the fans out of watching decent games/players
Clippers would've eliminated GSW and had a shot at the finals if Paul & Blake were healthy last year.

Part of this **** is luck. If you're healthy come playoff time, your odds are better.

After GSW, I wouldn't really be surprised if they eliminated any other West team.
G state, clippers and Memphis....one of them ain't ever in the conversation as a threat n that is the team currently resting players a couple games into the season :lol: :smh:

G state, clippers and Memphis....one of them ain't ever in the conversation as a threat n that is the team currently resting players a couple games into the season :lol: :smh:

look at the playoff success of all 3 teams (specifically LAC and Memphis) and tell me what's the difference :lol:

since 11-12:

21-29 - 3 1st round exits
20-24 - 2 1st round exits (1 WCF appearance)

don't let your popular opinion be proved wrong by facts. all in all, both teams have been effected by injuries over the last 4-5 years as well.

Just talking bro -- you can join in. Do you think Russell will play all 82 games at 38mpg?

Last edited:
Away games have higher likelihood to be a loss.

The team just had a 1 day off after a back to back, before last night game.

Now starting today, Memphis will play 4 games in 7 days all at HOME.

All home games are a must win. So, I'm assuming we wanted to have the starters at 100% before this home stand.

It would have been worse to have come home with a close away loss AND with your 2 best players being tired to start a home stand in a winnable game.

It was the statistically smart thing to do.

We can go back and forth this all day. The same people saying it doesn't make sense would be the same people laughing at Conley/Marc getting hurt long term and Memphis invested the money into them. If the 4 games in 5 night stretch happened in January, no one wouldn't even say anything. Its not about it being early in the year, but its just the fact our schedule sucked starting out.

so that he believes it. the sky is falling and he's pointing out the nice breeze.

Watched that GSW game last night :frown: don't think we gonna see momma curry booty scoot this season. Team looks like KD is the sheriff...

Grizz resting players like they really gon win something long term :lol: ...they should just collect their 40-50 wins n lose in the 1st 2 rounds instead of screwing the fans out of watching decent games/players
Clippers would've eliminated GSW and had a shot at the finals if Paul & Blake were healthy last year.

Part of this **** is luck. If you're healthy come playoff time, your odds are better.

After GSW, I wouldn't really be surprised if they eliminated any other West team.
Memphis lost to LAC in 7 one year, eliminated them in another, and have even advanced past the 2nd round something LAC hasn't done.

Not sure why you're placing LAC on a different tier. For all of LAC's "star power" Memphis has always given LA all they can handle and more.

Russ will probably play all 82 games at well over 30 mpg, yes, I think he will.

Bad things will happen to Billy D if he tries  to DNP Russ. 

Russ would probably come out of the tunnel anyway fully dressed in Uniform threatening to beat up anybody who enters the game in his place.

Memphis lost to LAC in 7 one year, eliminated them in another, and have even advanced past the 2nd round something LAC hasn't done.

Not sure why you're placing LAC on a different tier. For all of LAC's "star power" Memphis has always given LA all they can handle and more.

Funny when people try to make Memphis out to be some borderline team in the West, but put the Clippers on a pedestal. Sure, the Clippers are always great in the regular season, but they've constantly come up short when it matters. Whether thats due to injuries or something else.

I'm not here to compare Memphis to Golden State and even the Spurs right now. But, people have to stop trying to act like these other teams are doing something special and Memphis is the only one on the outside looking in.

BTW, this is no shot at LAC. I think they are a great team.

Russ will probably play all 82 games at well over 30 mpg, yes, I think he will.

Bad things will happen to Billy D if he tries  to DNP Russ. 

Russ would probably come out of the tunnel anyway fully dressed in Uniform threatening to beat up anybody who enters the game in his place.

That's scurry b.

Last edited:
Watched that GSW game last night :frown: don't think we gonna see momma curry booty scoot this season. Team looks like KD is the sheriff...

i think if anything they're just the newest dynamic duo. batman and superman. like bron and kyrie. both lethal af and do different things. i think they share the reigns of the team. kd looks like he's having fun playing with these boys.

dray giving up his attempts to snatch boards and assists.

klay the odd man out right now. he needs to find his rhythm. they'd blow teams out by 40 if he could just get 18-22 efficiently.

I'm just waiting until later in the season so I can pull receipts on all y'all who said my son LaVine wasn't gonna flourish.

The Grizzlies are a bottom three defensive team. :nerd:

That's even more scurry

2nd unit defense has killed us more than anything because of no true 5 in the game. Missing Wright or would at least look to have Davis out there defending the rim. 2nd units are picking Zbo apart.

Last night's game didn't do us any favors, though :lol: I think we were like 16th before last night

Last edited:
i thought grizzlies would be top. smh.. resting dudes a week into the season. funny how conley went to the consensus most underrated player to being overrated over night. its that contract. 

To keep it a buck...TT been giving off **** boy vibes for a long time now. *****'s just ain't see it because the Cavs weren't in the spotlight til Bron came back. Son was a legit IG thot posting 10 selfies a day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom