Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chance or not, if Wiz take that 1 seed people have to talk about Wall, and seriously.
First take, The6, Starters, Undisputed, Inside Stuff, all of them.

Look at the schedules and tell me Wiz can't take the spot.

Last edited:
Chance or not, if Wiz take that 1 seed people have to talk about Wall, and seriously.
First take, The6, Starters, Undisputed, Inside Stuff, all of them.

Look at the schedules and tell me Wiz can't take the spot.
It's not too late to put in another banner for this one, we can make this happen by the time Wall touches back down in DC

No reason for Wall not to lead this team to a championship. Loaded at every position. Everybody is crammed into a large bag.

their defense has been bad ever since All-Star break

i'd like to see them take and hold big leads during games for me to be convinced that they'll make a big run in the playoffs

Very interesting poll results [emoji]129300[/emoji]

OKC has a (26-6) record (.812) winning percentage when Brodie stat pads. Which would be the best record in the league.

When he doesn't they are (11-23) and the winning percentage falls to (.324) which would put them only above the Nets and Lakers in the league.

OKC has 16 games left. If they get to 48 wins he gets the MVP. I say he finishes with 40 triple doubles on the season.

Last edited:
Very interesting poll results [emoji]129300[/emoji]

OKC has a (26-6) record (.812) winning percentage when Brodie stat pads. Which would be the best record in the league.

When he doesn't they are (11-23) and the winning percentage falls to (.324) which would put them only above the Nets and Lakers in the league.

OKC has 16 games left. If they get to 48 wins he gets the MVP. I say he finishes with 40 triple doubles on the season.

nahhhh gotta get to 42 to beat the Big O

if kobe didnt win it that year he took that team of bums to the playoffs i cant see westbrook winning it.

nba has always been on that unwritten rule of having to be a top team record wise to get it

kobe got screwed in 06.

skip steve nash.

i really hope russ wins, just from the standpoint this is a once in a lifetime type of season. Something he may not be able to do again. Kawhi is just playing his game. James is just playing D 'Antoni's game. Russ is all effort and energy. That's finite. I hope it's not all for naught.

As great as Kobe's season was in 06, this is on another level. This shouldn't be possible especially for somebody of his stature. This is like witnessing what Wilt did in real time I would have to imagine.

I mean don't get me wrong, it would be nice to honor the guy having the most amazing season but history says it doesn't quite work like that in the NBA

Watching someone average a triple double for an entire Season, when 95% of NBA players never get one, and then watch that same player drag a lottery team to the Playoffs while playing all 82 games in a League where 95% of players miss at least one game, and then learning he can't win MVP because tradition doesn't accept it, is a setback for the NBA, TBH. Try explaining to the casual fan that MVP doesn't go to the MVP.
.....Don't even get me started on how bad of a move this is....

Last edited:
Oscar Robertson didn't win MVP. Why would Russ? But I do hope he gets it so we don't have to hear people complain about it.

Oscar Robertson finished third that year. Bill Russell won. Best player on the best team. You can't just pick a 32 game sample size and use that as a basis for something either.

I don't think he wins, and imo he doesn't deserve to. Not for what mvp has traditionally stood for at least.

Won't bother me if he does win though.

I really liked the Westbrook article written by bill Simmons I agree with a lot of the points made there. His usage rate is 42 he's gonna shatter the record.

You don't believe he deserves to win based on what it's traditionally stood for?

Not thinking he deserves to win, I can process.

Not thinking he should win because people like him never win, now that's is something else entirely.

'Let's keep slaves, because we've always had them'

I mean, right?

Last edited:
Unless something changes with the defense, the wizards are going to have some serious problems in the playoffs. That being said, I'm sure things will tighten up, but this team is absolutely loaded. No reason why they can't compete with the rest of the top teams in the field to come out of the East.

For the job Scotty Brooks has done, he absolutely needs to be the front runner for COY. Wall needs consideration (won't win) to be top-5 in MVP voting, and Otto should be up there for MIP. What a time...

NEVER would have envisioned this squad would be where it is today after starting the year off SO poorly.

Unless something changes with the defense, the wizards are going to have some serious problems in the playoffs.
With the exception of one or two teams, defense really isn't played longer than for a few stretches here and there.
Wait, you think he should win MVP because he gets triple doubles?
One of the reasons absolutely. I named 3-4 though so....yea just the triple doubles

Not overly impressed with Westbrook's season tbh, more impressed with Beards 2015 MVP campaign for what it's worth

Dragging a meh cast to mediocre heights doesn't really do it. If your team's going to be solely dependent on you, need to be capable of a top 4 team. Plenty (Well maybe 8 or less) of stars can drag a mediocre core to the playoffs. Impressive, tho not worthy of MVP with more qualified candidates

Watching someone average a triple double for an entire Season, when 95% of NBA players never get one, and then watch that same player drag a lottery team to the Playoffs while playing all 82 games in a League where 95% of players miss at least one game, and then learning he can't win MVP because tradition doesn't accept it, is a setback for the NBA, TBH. Try explaining to the casual fan that MVP doesn't go to the MVP.
.....Don't even get me started on how bad of a move this is....

trim this to 130 characters and tweet that to the nba and tnt.

Rarely post on here since I'm a Suns fan but man, Devin Booker, that kid is nice. The way he took over that fourth quarter last night was unbelievable. Stopped following the Suns for a minute ever since they've let go of IT and Dragic but Devin Booker is special.

How many games have the Pels won since the trade where Cousins played and didn't foul out or rack up a bunch of fouls that kept him on the bench ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom