Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's unfair to say this Cavs team isn't as good as the Warriors. They may not have as good of a starting line up as the Warriors, but the depth on the bench makes up for it.

The Cavs are covered in EVERY position now.

Bogut, Frye, Korver, Derrick Williams, Deron Williams, Shumpert, Richard Jefferson

Warriors bench:

Iguadola, Livingston, McGee, West, Ian Clark, Matt Barnes, Looney, McCaw

Obviously the Cavs have the better bench.

They definitely have the depth advantage.

But GSW big 3 is still superior by a pretty good margin to CLE big 3 IMO.

While all the additions have BOLSTERED the Cavs bench, at the end of the day the starters are playing close to 40 minutes in the Finals.

ive always said this but it seems teams want everyone else to beat them.

id let bron score 70 if it gets everyone out the game and tires bron

I thought about this as well, but I don't think that works. They need to do what the Spurs did and make LeBron a shooter from the perimeter. I'd shut everyone else down, but I'm not giving LeBron the lane to the paint.

With kawhi and Duncan that's much easier to pull off. I don't think KD can check LeBron for a 7 game series.

With kawhi and Duncan that's much easier to pull off. I don't think KD can check LeBron for a 7 game series.

It's possible to pull off if you have Iggy, Green and Durant on the floor at the same time. All 3 can collectively beat up on LeBron.

Hell, some people would argue Green is the better defender amongst the three when guarding Lebron. But using Durant as the help defender might make it tough for LeBron to go inside.

Oh, and if memory serves me correctly, Boris Diaw did a considerable fine job on LeBron in the Finals as well :lol:

Last edited:
Probably not. You gotta let Dray/Iggy have that assignment and hope the league lets these guys play without getting too whistle happy. KD just gotta be protect the rim and go to work on the offensive in.

Hoping both teams are healthy and have equal playoff runs. Cavs benefited greatly last year with that short run of JV squads while the Dubs had to trek through Mordor just to get back.

This current Cavs team is the deepest team LeBron has ever played in. Incredible to see what just 1 week will do for a team. Adding D.Will 1 and 2 and Bogut are HUGE signings.

Right now, I have the Cavs winning it all.

Bogut is washed. I doubt he's stays healthy enough to make a difference.
Oh wow you really think so?
Man I really think he has something left TBH.

He looked horrible in Dallas outside of a few games. I also don't see Deron Williams being much of a factor come playoff time either.

In my opinion, if the Cavs win the finals it's because Bron and Kyrie went beastmode, not because of their depth

He looked horrible in Dallas outside of a few games. I also don't see Deron Williams being much of a factor come playoff time either.

In my opinion, if the Cavs win the finals it's because Bron and Kyrie went beastmode, not because of their depth
If this is the case, it's not going to be enough. IF the Warriors make it back, you gotta believe Steph, Klay and Dray going to play with that chip on their shoulder. There's no way with blowing that lead and all the 3-1 jokes that came after, you gotta go in for blood.

There is definitely NO excuses for Cleveland not winning this year. Before the season started, with the addition of KD, clearly on paper, the title was the Warriors to lose but now even with a healthy KD, Cleveland should be considered as favorites with their additions.

Don't know too many teams running with two starting 5s but ah well. It's the league of today.

One thing that should be deaded now is that Lebron doesn't have enough help.

There's def more pressure on LeBron to win now. Def. no more excuses.

The pressure was last year for Cleveland. They ended up winning.

If this is the case, it's not going to be enough. IF the Warriors make it back, you gotta believe Steph, Klay and Dray going to play with that chip on their shoulder. There's no way with blowing that lead and all the 3-1 jokes that came after, you gotta go in for blood.

Curry especially came to play last year. May not have seemed like it, but the box scores would show other wise. Harrison Barnes on the other hand...:smh:

Game 4
View media item 2353752
Game 5
View media item 2353753
Game 6
View media item 2353754
Game 7
View media item 2353755

Last edited:
The pressure was last year for Cleveland. They ended up winning.

After all the complaining this year and to get everything he's wanted? Subtly saying they don't have enough to compete against GS?

LeBron has gotten everything he's wanted to go up against this GS superteam. The pressure is on him to win now.

warriors fans crying about injuries now..

Where? At least I haven't seen any. Kd loss is definitely a huge blow. But let's not forget that the top 3 main core (splash bros and draymond) from the last 2 finals is still intact and they still have a solid bench Livingston, iggy. Also Steph is still the best PG in the game it was less than a year ago he was having that stellar season and earned back to back MVP

if anything has to be learned from last year by the Warriors it gotta be attack the rim or use your talent to get easier threes... Game 7 they were rushing everything & played some of their worst ball letting the defense off the hook.

This year if healthy tho there's no resting LBJ on defense he's gonna have to expend energy guarding one of their big 3 & i think that will help the W's immensely

Draymond will. I doubt the other two will. I don't think they're built like that

Clearly there was no pre production meeting on TNT discussing how to approach this Shaqtin a fool thing.

Is it me or is Klay Thompson's shot not as good as it was last year. He shoots a grip but I dont recall him cooking besides his 62 game?

Is it me or is Klay Thompson's shot not as good as it was last year. He shoots a grip but I dont recall him cooking besides his 62 game?
Looks like by the raw numbers he's actually pretty much the same as last year, in percentages and production, which is kinda amazing all things considered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom