Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wall Street's first time on an above average offense and now he the best point guard in the league?

Same dude who couldn't make the Olympic B team. WATTBA

I'm still taking Lowry. I value shooting over anything and John Wall is nowhere near as good a shooter as Lowry.

How'd that shooting help him when they were swept by Washington a few seasons ago?

Walls ability to get the most out of old PP > Lowrey shooting

Last edited:
Shooting ability at the PG position is more important than assist % when you get to the elite level.

Like others have said, not only are 3 pointers more effecient shots but also the spacing opens up everything else in the offense.

The offensive effect is shown on the court but also in the numbers. Offensive Box Plus Minus is the best judge and Wall is like 15th in the league because unless you're Westbrook, it's hard to be a truly elite offensive force at PG without shooting.

C5AAuMEUcAAx6wh.jpg:large

Chamillionaire gotta be sick

I don't even want to debate this today. Just remember when the season started and Wall was on a minutes restriction coming off surgery on both knees and out of shape this "great lineup" he has was GARBAGE.

The turn around and sudden great starting lineup only appeared once Wall was off minute restriction and back in shape. I don't wanna hear about the Wizards team greatness when the offs start unless folks are giving the credit where it really belongs.

Last edited:
i guess I'm just an old-school guy but i don't view shooting as the main role of a point guard.

we'll get an answer in the playoffs if the wizards are able to win.

Last edited:
Trust, Melo will have ample time to "break" away from the Knicks organization and not "have to deal" with them in the near future lol.

I'd really like to know what this threads opinion of Magic Johnson is. Career 19 PPG player and never averaged over 22 PPG in his career. Just comparing the players off their skill set its Curry > Magic right. If not why?

I think Magic is the better basketball player but he could never shoot, score or had Currys gravity. According to this threads logic Curry should be considered the better player.

I'd really like to know what this threads opinion of Magic Johnson is. Career 19 PPG player and never averaged over 22 PPG in his career. Just comparing the players off their skill set its Curry > Magic right. If not why?

I think Magic is the better basketball player but he could never shoot, score or had Currys gravity. According to this threads logic Curry should be considered the better player.

Curry can't play Center in the Finals tho :nerd:

Curry can't play Center in the Finals tho :nerd:

Remember defense doesn't matter. I bring up Walls defense and it's not even a factor in the discussion because Currys offense makes up for it. That's what I've been told. I'm not saying Wall can guard centers but he's obviously a better defender then Curry.

Curry can drop 50 on anyone. Wall who can't shoot put 40 on Curry.

Last edited:

Curry can't play Center in the Finals tho
nerd.gif
Remember defense doesn't matter. I bring up Walls defense and it's not even a factor in the discussion because Currys offense makes up for it. That's what I've been told.
Wall has a defensive rating of 104.6. Chris Paul is leading starting PGs at 98.3. Russ is ahead of Wall at 103.9. If CP3 is better defender, shooter, and passer than Wall, how is Wall better than him.

*Edited because I'll take Wall over Westbrook.

Last edited:
all u need to ask is who had more of a total impact on his team..magic all day on facilitating the flow of the game..curry is just a sharpshooter

As a pg d is probably the least important attribute/skill to have
. It's way more forgivable then big men who don't play D.

Last edited:
I'm still taking Lowry. I value shooting over anything and John Wall is nowhere near as good a shooter as Lowry.

How'd that shooting help him when they were swept by Washington a few seasons ago?

Man, you're moving the goalposts again. :lol:

You've been saying all this time you don't want to hear about Curry having one of the best individual seasons of all time last year because that's in the past and you're only talking about this year. But then it's fair to bring up Lowry in the playoffs a few years ago?

Wall has a defensive rating of 104.6. Chris Paul is leading starting PGs at 98.3. Russ is ahead of Wall at 103.9. If these guys are better defenders and better offensive players, how is Wall better than them? 

CP3 has played how many games? Wall makes his teammates 10 times better then what Russ makes his. Look no further then the start of this season. The turnaround for Washington coincided with Wall getting in shape and getting off minutes restriction. How many games did our "great lineup" win before this?

Let's stick to Magic though. Curry or Magic. Who y'all got?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom