Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Kings offered Boogie for Vucci Mane and Evan Fournier or a 1st and the Magic said no. :lol:

Good god.

There's no way I believe that's legit

Although I don't think that trade would really even make either team better

It is probably legit... But no way I can convince myself into thinking it is legit...

Because if that's all the Kings want for Boogie, 29 teams should be making a call to the Kings.. And offering guys who can start, but are the 3-4th or 4-5th starter on a good team.

Boogie to the Wizards for Otto + Gortat/Filler would be great for the Wiz.
that would not make them better. Wiz starting 5 is $ as is tbh. They need bench help.

Edit. Thought you was talking about melo. Well it still applies

Last edited:
Saw that Magic trade and all I could say was, "Magic said no?"

It's like a write in ballot of an all-star game... Where you get a vote for Chandler Parsons, or Marcelo Huertas..

"Who would make the least sense for the Kings to trade Boogie for? Yeah that's who they wanted in return"

that would not make them better. Wiz starting 5 is $ as is tbh. They need bench help.

Would you rather pay Otto Porter max money or Boogie?

Because you have to pay one of them either way.

I'm going Boogie every time especially when you have a lottery pick you've been developing in Oubre who plays Porters position.

:lol: @ Boogie not making Washington better.

If it's possible for the Wizards to get Cousins for Porter and Gortat then they need to do that immediately. Porter is in a great situation where he's at though and if you put him on the Kings as basically the "prize" for trading Cousins and made him into the man of that team then I think he'd let a lot of people down.

Would you rather pay Otto Porter max money or Boogie?

Because you have to pay one of them either way.

I'm going Boogie every time especially when you have a lottery pick you've been developing in Oubre who plays Porters position.

:lol: @ Boogie not making Washington better.

All depends on what they think Oubre could be... Because Porter has developed into an unreal shooter, and pretty good on defense... If you're 100% sure Oubre can be as good as Porter now, then okay. But Porter is really good though... That's what makes it tough..... Not sure Oubre immediately steps into Porter's role and produces the way he has..

And in that case, I have a ton of trouble trading Porter.

The biggest issue from a team construction standpoint is there are a couple of bad contracts in Mahinmi & Nicholson...

Damnit this is a tough conundrum because Wall, Beal & Porter seem like 3 pieces that a team would need to win a title. At least when they are together.

If it's possible for the Wizards to get Cousins for Porter and Gortat then they need to do that immediately. Porter is in a great situation where he's at though and if you put him on the Kings as basically the "prize" for trading Cousins and made him into the man of that team then I think he'd let a lot of people down.

I think that may be true about Porter.....

I'd rather get rid of Mahinmi & Nicholson on top of Porter, IF I was going to trade him.

Those are terrible deals. And Gortat could always be someone you could keep to have things stay as together as possible this year, then unload to create space for guys you actually need in July.

Last edited:
^^^

Oubre wouldn't replicate what Porter is doing right now, that's impossible.

He's been one of the best shooters in the league period this season.

But he's also a function of his environment as well, he's been getting great looks because of the play of Wall and the spacing Beal provides.

Like others have said, put him on Sac and his numbers will regress heavily.

Same thing with Boogie, he would score more effeciently in Washington.

You can move Mahinmi with his health and deal which is why you move Gortat and just try to get Mahinmi healthy and hope for the best.

Last edited:
^^^

Oubre wouldn't replicate what Porter is doing right now, that's impossible.

He's been one of the best shooters in the league period this season.

But he's also a function of his environment as well, he's been getting great looks because of the play of Wall and the spacing Beal provides.

True. True.

Comes back to why it's so tough to trade Porter... All 3 of those guys are young, and fit together really well.. Even if it's all because of Wall & Beal, he's doing amazing with it, and is giving you a lot on defense.

But if they could get rid of Porter + Mahinmi + Nicholson + Picks for Boogie..

Then Gortat for salary dump.

Or even switch Gortat in... And hope you can cut the impact of Mahinmi's salary by trading him for a slightly less expensive deal

They have their starting 5 in Wall, Beal, Oubre, Morris, Cousins... For about $65mil.... And $10mil more on everybody else (none very difficult to move or cut)... That leaves them with $30 or so million to fill in bench needs.

Last edited:
Draymond Green defending Kyrie's flat-earth theory, sort of: "I'm not saying I think it's flat. I don't know. But it could be."

LeBron James: "Kyrie is my little brother... If he decides the earth is flat, that's ok."

Last edited:

Draymond Green defending Kyrie's flat-earth theory, sort of: "I'm not saying I think it's flat. I don't know. But it could be."

LeBron James: "Kyrie is my little brother... If he decides the earth is flat, that's ok."
laugh.gif
Can't believe this is happening.

NBA guys are idiots. If Kyrie has children and teaches them the world is flat, that to me is child abuse. Someone has to put a stop to it right now. SMH

How in the world do you even get into Duke With this kind of stupidity?

When you're the best HS PG in the country.

Kyrie didn't go to 1 real class while he was at Duke, obviously was knee deep in YouTube though. :lol:

I mean, you still have to be well educated to even get INTO Duke though, athlete or not. Flat earthing theory is like, got your GED then worked at Target the rest of your life type intelligence :rofl:

I love all these kyrie comments **** is so funny they should ask him more stuff? Ask his opinion on other matters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom