Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
NBA Player Power Rankings: B/R's Top 30 Point Guards at the Halfway Point

1. Westbrook
2. Harden
3. Paul
4. Curry
5. Lowry
6. Wall
7. Walker
8. Irving
9. Lillard
10. Conley

Rest of rankings in the link above.

Don't agree with Curry over Lowry and Wall so far this year.

Also, IT has been better than Kemba, Dame and Conley.

Trash list.

While Curry's numbers are down this season, that was to be expected with kd joining the team. 3 scorers and 3 ball handlers on the team, I'm not sold on Lowry over curry

And i still can't believe i seen cats on here spewing garbage about cj > Dame

It's no fair comparing this year's Curry to last year's. Last year's was historically great. Probably more appropriate to compare this year to two years ago when he won his first MVP.

Last edited:
BPM ranking (>30 mins):

Russ
CP3
Harden
Lowry
Curry
Kemba
Conley
IT
Wall

RPM ranking (>30 mins):
CP3
Lowry
Russ
Curry
Wall
Kemba
Teague
Bledsoe
Lillard

PER
Russ
CP3
IT
Lillard
Lowry
Wall
Curry
Kemba
Kyrie
Conley

Really can't even put Hill on any of these lists since he's only played in 15 games :lol:

Safe to say the article went off PER and RPM?

This may be for the advanced stat thread, but can someone describe why some people prefer to use PER > other analytical numbers? And why is there a big discrepancy between RPM and BPM?

Last edited:
BPM ranking (>30 mins):

Russ
CP3
Harden
Lowry
Curry
Kemba
Conley
IT
Wall

RPM ranking (>30 mins):
CP3
Lowry
Russ
Curry
Wall
Kemba
Teague
Bledsoe
Lillard

PER
Russ
CP3
IT
Lillard
Lowry
Wall
Curry
Kemba
Kyrie
Conley

Really can't even put Hill on any of these lists since he's only played in 15 games :lol:

Safe to say the article went off PER and RPM?

This may be for the advanced stat thread, but can someone describe why some people prefer to use PER > other analytical numbers? And why is there a big discrepancy between RPM and BPM?

Russ is clearly #1 by those metrics

Also, why are the advanced metrics looked at differently among certain players when compared to others (let's say Love in Minnesota)? Remember how much he was criticized for putting up empty numbers? Yet, his defense was never as bad (from an advanced standpoint) to some of these guards and he even had a much higher BPM in his last year with the Twolves :lol:

Some people say PER isn't a good indicator of determining a player's worth. Some do. I'm a BPM/TS% guy (maybe that's why I don't value some players as high as others). I look at PER as well, but so many other factors go into it. I only don't use RPM because I thought it was heavily influenced by on-court teammates. But, I know there are some downsides to BPM as well.

Last edited:
Also, why are the advanced metrics looked at differently among certain players when compared to others (let's say Love in Minnesota)? Remember how much he was criticized for putting up empty numbers? Yet, his defense was never as bad (from an advanced standpoint) to some of these guards and he even had a much higher BPM in his last year with the Twolves :lol:

I wonder the same thing.

Inb4 I'm a dinosaur

According to Zach Lowe of ESPN, the Miami Heat are open for business with any player on the team’s roster being up for grabs. “Up and down the roster, literally every player,” said Lowe towards the end of his latest podcast. “Literally no one is untouchable, not even Hassan Whiteside, by a long shot.”

:nerd:

Thought this was interesting. Out of the top 50 players in FGM on Drives, Curry actually has the highest average speed on offense. Ish Smith really is on a different level in terms of speed huh (word to Boogie)

You didn't need advanced numbers to see Love was putting up empty numbers? #2 scorer in the first 36 minutes, #41 in the 4th.

I like looking at lineup data, on court/off court Ortg and Drtg. It tells a lot.

You didn't need advanced numbers to see Love was putting up empty numbers? #2 scorer in the first 36 minutes, #41 in the 4th.

I like looking at lineup data, on court/off court Ortg and Drtg. It tells a lot.

in 2011-12 and 2013-14, his DRTG was at 104. There are players people are touting a lot more who are much worse. Love's DBPM in 2013-14 was +1.2 and he was close to breaking even in 2011-12 at -.06.

I know he was talked about a lot due to his 4th quarter disappearance.

But, we got guys out here with defensive ratings in the mid to high 110 range getting praise for being elite :lol: .

I do know what's consistent, though.....you can tell the difference between the Westbrook's, CP3's, Harden's and Curry's when compared to everyone else. No matter if you look at playoff metrics or any other advanced metric. For the most part, they are all well above the rest. I see too big of a drop off in some of the other PG's from season to playoffs to truly rank them high. I also see too much of a drop off on the other side of ball. That's why I said there's really no true pecking order after you name the ELITE.

Last edited:
Many times last night KAT was deep and Wiggins decided he wanted to try to beat his man off the dribble and shoot a contested fadeaway instead.
I"m saying man.

It was maddening.

I mean there wasn't a better shot or option outside of a Free layup when Kat was on that heater, so don't try to force one, give him back the mother f'ing ball you Ninny.

Remember those couple of spells Klay went on?, GSW in all of their infinite offensive greatness didn't even DREAM of having anyone BUT Klay take a shot during those times. THen when he went cold or the quarter ended, they resumed a normal offense, but they fed the Heater, EVERY time, EVERY TIME

But Minnesota, nah man they'd rather stop the heater and start their own personal Heater. 

Dumb as rocks man.

Last edited:
I would pair it with on/off court data of different frontcourt mates he plays alongside and then draw a conclusion

Many times last night KAT was deep and Wiggins decided he wanted to try to beat his man off the dribble and shoot a contested fadeaway instead.
I"m saying man.
It was maddening.

I mean there wasn't a better shot or option outside of a Free layup when Kat was on that heater, so don't try to force one, give him back the mother f'ing ball you Ninny.

Remember those couple of spells Klay went on?, GSW in all of their infinite offensive greatness didn't even DREAM of having anyone BUT Klay take a shot during those times. THen when he went cold or the quarter ended, they resumed a normal offense, but they fed the Heater, EVERY time, EVERY TIME

But Minnesota, nah man they'd rather stop the heater and start their own personal Heater. 
Dumb as rocks man.
Agree.

All I can say for an excuse is the team is dumb young. Once they learn to play for each other rather than themselves the team can maybe make some noise.

Man, I know the jokes are jokes but CP3 being top 2 on those lists is amazing. Need him to get a ring before he's done. Don't eem care if it's on another team.

laugh.gif

We don't even know what happened to call rose an idiot yet.....

If it really was a family situation and that's not just some BS to cover his ***... he could've at least let somebody know. No one in the organization had any idea where he was. Very strange.

Man, I know the jokes are jokes but CP3 being top 2 on those lists is amazing. Need him to get a ring before he's done. Don't eem care if it's on another team.

I hope he does too so ****** can't try to invalidate his greatness just because he never won a championship/had deep playoff success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom